• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

didamangi

To bad Vice City isn't on there.

Does anyone know if you need GFWL for the GTA IV and Episodes to run the game?
I'm not really interested in the multiplayer aspects just the main single player game.

Yup, you need GFWL. BTW, I have a GTA complete pack that I'm looking to trade for FIFA 13 from Amazon if anyone want to save a few $.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
How many people here are hyped for Dead Island Riptide? I watch videos and part of me wants it the other just sees a tired out FPS zombie game.

I am most definitely, more because it's first person melee more so than the zombie part. Loved the analogue mode with controller in Dead Island so hopefully it's the same here.

Miyahon

Yes, they are GFWL titles. There's no getting around it.

Okay. Is the PC port okay for GTA IV. I know I heard it wasn't that great when it came out but I'm not sure if has been fixed? I still think it would be better than the console versions. I've only played the PS3 port of it.

Okay. Is the PC port okay for GTA IV. I know I heard it wasn't that great when it came out but I'm not sure if has been fixed? I still think it would be better than the console versions. I've only played the PS3 port of it.

It's much better now that it was when released. Combined with ENB it's currently a very gorgeous game. It goes without saying though, that you shouldn't bother with the game if you don't have a Quad Core CPU. Probably the 1st game released in it's time (2009) that required a Quad core to run optimally. Even Crysis ran better on a Dual Core in 2007.

Man, getting Dark Souls to work on Windows 8 was such a pain in the ass.

I know many have said this before, but Games for Windows is an abomination.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I jumped on Surgeon Sim and Poker Night 2. When I grow up I want to be a doctor with a gambling addiction.

I can say that this is the best so far. Will we ever see an album of those avatars?

sronanavsjqxl2.jpg

FYC

Banned
How many people here are hyped for Dead Island Riptide? I watch videos and part of me wants it the other just sees a tired out FPS zombie game.

I actually really like Dead Island, except for the painfully boring sidequests. Whenever I play co-op with someone I refuse to do any of them and the game is 10x better because of it.

Pretty interested in Riptide, but I've barely seen any gameplay so I dunno. I'm waiting for reviews and a price drop, being a poor college student and all.

(cloving why didn't you accept my steam friend request ;_;)

Yea, we go to the bathroom together.

And im not ashamed!

Thanks to Dio! Hope you are coping with what happened in the Dojo and catch that bastard before part 3. Because if not you/we won't see the ending. Probably never.

JaseC

Want to buy Jagged Alliance Bundle, but must wait for sale.

The Jagged Alliance 2 games aren't included but you get get Wildfire for $1.50 via the Groupees TopWare bundle. Since you need to select a minimum of two games, it's worth noting that Earth 2160 is the only other one that redeems on Steam.

Random question: is that Windows Explorer or is it some 3rd party explorer?

Windows Explorer in search result mode.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I jumped on Surgeon Sim and Poker Night 2. When I grow up I want to be a doctor with a gambling addiction.

sronanavsjqxl2.jpg
Are you sure you really aren't her in disguise? Can someone actually find that many pics of her on the internet?

Oh, and I finally bought a 3DS today. It's still downloading Luigi's Mansion though, the fucker is taking SO long that I'm beginning to wonder if Nintendo's servers run on an Intel 80486. I'm reminded once again of why Steam is the best kingdom, and Gabe its righful ruler.

JaseC

Are you sure you really aren't her in disguise? Can someone actually find that many pics of her on the internet?

Bear in mind that I made the first avatar almost two years ago. ;) Not long after I was talking to Salsa and told him that I was going to switch back to my Agent Cooper avatar, but he advised against it as apparently having Saoirse as my avatar had become my thing... and, well, here we are.

sronanavsjqxl2.jpg

I feel a special connection to this image. It reminds me that I have a few gigs of Wilford Brimley pictures in a folder called 'Mah Brimleys' on my desktop still, from when I would constantly change my avatar. Though it also reminds me of fistfullofmetal's Natalie Portman stash. You're not on that level yet, though, luckily.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It's Dr. Qwop. It's more like Life and Death, but with intentionally clunky controls so hilarity ensues.

Ahh I see lol

I just realized that when the surgery starts off with you removing a cover to show an already opened torso XD

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Bear in mind that I made the first avatar almost two years ago. ;) Not long after I was talking to Salsa and told him that I was going to switch back to my Agent Cooper avatar, but he advised against it as apparently having Saoirse as my avatar had become my thing... and, well, here we are.
Then it's all Salsa's fault. She is actually Ronan McDonald in disguise.

EDIT: Luigi's Mansion 2 has finished downloading. Now it's time for the digital copy of Super Mario 3D Land I got for free thanks to the Club Nintendo promo... which probably will take 2 or 3 hours more :/

JaseC

how about the full resolution pics folder?

just checked, my zooey deschanel collection is 340 megs (about 600 pictures).

ibbXu38L2ErLQD.gif

I don't have a high-res folder. That's what the various fan sites and Tumblr are for. ;)

zkylon

zkylewd
You mind sharing those >_>
it's uploading here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6ej1kny58p88hnb/bsZgeXe8C9

I'm pretty sure it's all SFW but you never know what might creep in there

I don't have a high-res folder. That's what the various fan sites and Tumblr are for. ;)
eh, I started collecting this shit when tumblr wasn't really a thing.

also I basically learned all the photoshop I know by playing with pictures of her and making forum signatures and avatars

I'm a bit surprised it's only 340mbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom