• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadbeat

Banned
I jumped on Surgeon Sim and Poker Night 2. When I grow up I want to be a doctor with a gambling addiction.

sronanavsjqxl2.jpg
HEY EVERYONE Fistfullofmetal is back.

Wok

is anyone doing a Monaco 4-pack or did you all already buy it?

I am from Europe and I went with the 4-pack directly on the dev website. Each copy of the 4-pack has cost me 8 euros. If you want one copy from me, it is okay, yet I feel this would not be the best price because of the paypal fees + foreign exchange. All included I believe it would cost something like 11 dollars.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
eh, I started collecting this shit when tumblr wasn't really a thing.

Yeah, I only started using it last year. It's actually a handy news resource if you discount the many "The Host is so awesome liek omg" posts. :p

Edit: The LastPass browser makes posting on GAF a chore.

Deques

Maybe the topic name should be changed to "Let's talk about JaseC's collection of Saoirse Ronan". Because we aren't talking anything about Steam anymore :)

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, I only started using it last year. It's actually a handy news resource if you discount the many "The Host is so awesome liek omg" posts. :p

Edit: The LastPass browser makes posting on GAF a chore.
I haven't caught up to any of this yet

I used to creep in fansites or plain google images and stuff like that and just grab everything I liked.

I kinda still do, I don't even know what a tumblr is aside from a blog or something like that :p

Nabs

Dead Island Riptide preload is only a few kilobytes. I am getting Dead Island release issues flashbacks.

Good luck with that launch. It's off to a great start.

Have they mentioned any campaign DLC similar to the Ryder White DLC? I actually enjoyed that. Is that weird?

derFeef

Good luck with that launch. It's off to a great start.

Have they mentioned any campaign DLC similar to the Ryder White DLC? I actually enjoyed that. Is that weird?

Not that I know of. Ryder White was weird... it removed everything I liked about the game, but I have not finished it so maybe it opens up at one point?

Nabs

Not that I know of. Ryder White was weird... it removed everything I liked about the game, but I have not finished it so maybe it opens up at one point?

Nope, it doesn't really. I played the main campaign with sharp weapons, so having to play through with guns was a nice change. No one I know liked it, so I'm probably just weird.

MNC

Bummer. :/ maybe I'll go back to it one day but for the moment it's on the backburner I guess.

If you don't start liking/hating the characters (basically have either emotion) by the end of 2/beginning of 3 I'd say you probably won't like the rest of the game.

zkylon

zkylewd
so finished zeno clash, hmm, not really know what to say, the visual design is pretty cool and I like how the story is told, but from beginning to end I found the combat to be a drag and I was kinda hoping it'd end already, short as it is.

Does anyone know if Company of Heroes (New Steam Version) will get Steam Cloud/Achievements/etc.? or is this all the upgrade the game is going to get?

FloatOn

I'm in some kind of funk. I'm finding that I have much less patience for games that don't immediately grab me despite only wanting to play the super mediocre defiance.

I deleted la noire because.... meh

I'm so glad la mulana is actually a good game.

JaseC

He's probably referring to the mobile one.

That's a bingo. Because LastPass can't integrate with the browsers of Galaxy S devices and my LastPass Vault shows nothing when accessed via the Galaxy S's own browser, I'm left with the browser built into the LastPass app if I want to log into, say, GAF; needless to say, it's not not ideal.

Does anyone know if Company of Heroes (New Steam Version) will get Steam Cloud/Achievements/etc.? or is this all the upgrade the game is going to get?

I wouldn't expect any further features. The decision to implement Steamworks was made because the game's original third-party solution for MP is being shut down.

PaulLFC

Quick question - I bought Dragon Age Origins Ultimate on Steam when it was in the sale, primarily to get Awakening and the other DLC (I already had the deluxe standard game on Origin, but this was the cheapest way to get the expansion).

Can I add the Ultimate Edition to Origin with already having the deluxe version registered there? Or would I lose that and it be replaced by the Ultimate edition on Origin?

Quick question - I bought Dragon Age Origins Ultimate on Steam when it was in the sale, primarily to get Awakening and the other DLC (I already had the deluxe standard game on Origin, but this was the cheapest way to get the expansion).

Can I add the Ultimate Edition to Origin with already having the deluxe version registered there? Or would I lose that and it be replaced by the Ultimate edition on Origin?
Maybe probably. I know I have Need for Speed Hot Pursuit in addition to Need For Speed Hot Pursuit Deluxe Edition side by side there. It would probably be a similar thing to that. You can hide games on Origin too, if you don't want to see both.

PaulLFC

Maybe probably. I know I have Need for Speed Hot Pursuit in addition to Need For Speed Hot Pursuit Deluxe Edition side by side there. It would probably be a similar thing to that. You can hide games on Origin too, if you don't want to see both.
Thanks, sounds like the same will happen here. I'll give it a go and report back.

Edit: Yep, that's what happened. I have DA:O Deluxe and DA:O Ultimate in my library as I'd hoped.

Thanks, sounds like the same will happen here. I'll give it a go and report back.

Edit: Yep, that's what happened. I have DA:O Deluxe and DA:O Ultimate in my library as I'd hoped.
Good to hear. Dragon Age: Origins was good times. I should go back and grab some of the DLC.

Kassu

Banned
So I finished the first Mass Effect finally, took me almost 30 hours. I was trying to complete all the side missions but since the game is so poorly structured, I was able to miss a ONE side mission and noticed it just few minutes after the point of no return. I really liked it despite the flaws though, but I'm not going to return to it for years if ever again.

Almost right after that, I started Mass Effect 2 and it took almost two hours to figure out all the DLC stuff and then the Cerberus network or whatever is it called wasn't connecting for the half of the time. Also the fact I have to download DLC's from a obscure bioware website is ridiculous and feels like I'm playing a game from 2005. Hopefully they have handled at least that better in Mass Effect 3. Can't really say anything about the game itself yet, it has really terrible hand holding for the first hours.

Also I bought Ridge Racer Unbounded and was surprised. If I remember correctly, people were calling this game too hard but I have surprisingly found this game too easy, I'm winning races on the first try (and usually I'm over 5 seconds ahead of others) and only drifting challenges make the game feel a bit harder. I really hope difficulty increases later on, but at the same time I'm worried if those drifting challenges become too hard.

Nabs

Fucking Bioware. Trying to install DLC in Dragon Age was hell for me.

I think people say Ridge Racer is hard because they don't understand how to play it at first. Once you get the systems at play, it becomes easy as pie.

Monaco feels kinda expensive.
No way. $15 has been the established price point for premium indie titles for a while. This one has online co-op, not that many do. Had it been a belated 360 port maybe I'd agree with you but it's day and date and the 4 pack is pretty fair.

I swear the more indie bundles there are the more I see people complain about $10-15 price points.

JaseC

Yes, Ubi, I was hoping for a Far Cry 3 sale, but I was also expecting a discount of 50%. Nice try. Summer Sale it is, then.

Maybe the topic name should be changed to "Let's talk about JaseC's collection of Saoirse Ronan". Because we aren't talking anything about Steam anymore :)

Yeah, let's get this thread back on track:

Ly9hTyR.jpg

Fucking Bioware. Trying to install DLC in Dragon Age was hell for me.

There's some weird shit going on with DA:O DLC indeed. Mine would uninstall randomly and I had to jump through the most bizarre hoops to get it working again if I wanted to keep playing with my long-ass save.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom