• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

The pricing seems more than reasonable to me. I don't think that $13.50 for a newly released game is expensive.

It is $10.13 with a 4-pack. I have additional copies from mine (see my great reputation, /sarcastic). I have not seen many people getting on a 4-pack, so I have bought one for a friend of mine and me. Other friends of mine are not fond of 2D indie games, too bad for them.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Interested in Far Cry 3 but I think I can wait a little longer. I just spent quite a bit on two new comfy couches for the entertainment center and I feel particularly broke.

HoosTrax

For real. It's insane.

Dyad, Fez, Zeno Clash 2, Starseed Pilgrim, Monaco and Don't Starve. Hard to imagine some of them not losing out.
I feel like Don't Starve got enough of a head start with early preorders that there aren't going to be that many people going "oh, gonna buy Don't Starve on Tuesday...won't have money to buy those other games"

(a third of the people on my friends list already bought it, and only six haven't and just have it on their wishlist)

Salsa

I feel like Don't Starve got enough of a head start with early preorders that there aren't going to be that many people going "oh, gonna buy Don't Starve on Tuesday...won't have money to buy those other games"

(a third of the people on my friends list already bought it, and only six haven't and just have it on their wishlist)

Don't Starve is the new "Lets Play" darling. Game's gonna continue to sell gangbusters, binding of isaac style

It is $10.13 with a 4-pack. I have additional copies from mine (see my great reputation, /sarcastic). I have not seen many people getting on a 4-pack, so I have bought one for a friend of mine and me. Other friends of mine are not fond of 2D indie games, too bad for them.

Yeah, I've also bought a 4-pack with fellow gaffers, and that's an amazing deal. The game looks amazing and it's one of my most anticipated games of the year.

Nabs

Arcade Edition is the game you want. SFxT will probably go on sale this week with the release of the latest patch (4 months late...).

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Of course not. Playing with words is fun!
I don't understand what's going on anymore.

I think Steam taught me bad. I'm treating 3DS games like they are on sale, which they aren't, and that can only be bad for my wallet. Someone please steal my credit card.

zoku88

Um, I'm kind of embarrassed to admit, but I found the SFIV "tutorial" stages rather difficult. The combos it has you execute, I had major difficulty getting the timing down with.

I'm actually the exact same thing.

I actually found Tekken 6's combo tutorials to be better.

cicero

Yes, Ubi, I was hoping for a Far Cry 3 sale, but I was also expecting a discount of 50%. Nice try. Summer Sale it is, then.

Yeah, let's get this thread back on track:

Ly9hTyR.jpg
wth is she doing? Armadillos can transmit leprosy to humans...

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Um, I'm kind of embarrassed to admit, but I found the SFIV "tutorial" stages rather difficult. The combos it has you execute, I had major difficulty getting the timing down with.

SF4 trial mode combos aren't very good for learning at all, so don't be embarrassed. :p They don't explain the difference between cancels and links, don't provide demonstrations, give no clue about timing, etc.

As Stump said, Skullgirls actually has a proper tutorial mode that focuses on concepts (like mix ups and defense) rather than just throwing arbitrary combo challenges at a player.

Those pretty much exist solely for the sake of achievements and I hate that they're there because they end up giving new players the wrong idea. Most of the stuff you see there is completely impractical and they aren't any kind of tutorial; in fact they just make you figure it out yourself on top of that.

943 hours logged on Steam games.

Scary.

GMod cost per hour = $0.09. Pretty cool stats.
I have more than that on TF2 alone. >_>

ramine

Unconfirmed Member
Seeing as you are a junior, I feel obligated to ask if you are well versed in Hobo lore. It's pretty much a prerequisite for joining.

Hqtf09F.jpg

I have no idea what you mean. I'm just looking for a group with many members so I can join some coops games! Is there a specific rule for joining the group?

Hellix

Scary.

Helix
is ranked #210 By hours played

Has 3039.4 hours of playtime. Their most played game is Team Fortress 2, with 666.7 hours played, which accounts for 22% of their total playtime.

Oooh boy, I use to play TF2 a lot.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I have no idea what you mean. I'm just looking for a group with many members so I can join some coops games! Is there a specific rule for joining the group?

No. I PM'd you a while back asking for a link to your profile since there are several rameens on Steam, and I'm not sure which to invite.

Edit: Found it but looks like someone already invited you.

cicero

No. I PM'd you a while back asking for a link to your profile since there are several rameens on Steam, and I'm not sure which to invite.

I found it, it is WAY down on the list with his avatar. I just invited him. It should have gotten through by now.

I think it'll probably be popular on Twitch and the charts. Fez and Dyad are old news because they had a console release. I'm not sure anyone really knows Zeno Clash 2.. I think it's going to struggle a fair bit but probably be a sleeper hit.

FYC

Banned

Scary.

I have more on MW2/3 and Black Ops combined. Nobody believes me when I say Quake 3 / Live is my favorite shooter because of it :p

However I've seen someone with 5000 hours of TF2 played, so it's not that bad. Not to mention that almost everyone I know who plays DOTA2 has close to 1k hours.

I'm tempted to get FC3, the multiplayer looks like silly fun.

Blizzard

Banned
SFIV combo challenges were super difficult to me, probably because as someone mentioned, it only (sort of) tells you the motions you need to do, but not how to get the timings right or cancel/combine the moves properly, so you'd probably have to dig around on youtube to actually learn how to even finish the challenges.

FYC

Banned
SFIV combo challenges were super difficult to me, probably because as someone mentioned, it only (sort of) tells you the motions you need to do, but not how to get the timings right or cancel/combine the moves properly, so you'd probably have to dig around on youtube to actually learn how to even finish the challenges.

Yeah, I would just recommend going to the shoryuken forums and looking up tutorials.

Sober

Monaco discussion is a bit old but I was curious if there was a solo option, or is 2p the least amount of people I need for co-op? (if I read it correctly)

KingKong

I'm playing Ys: Oath in Felghana and I liked the first dungeon but the second one is so long and repetitive. Is the game more like the first or second? I really liked fighting the bosses but I swear this second dungeon is just 3 copy pasted areas

Overdoziz

Banned
How do people get into games like LoL and Dota 2? I've played both for a bit, saw a billion different characters with a billion different spells and a billion different items for you to buy in the store. It's a tad overwhelming, haha.

HoosTrax

How do people get into games like LoL and Dota 2? I've played both for a bit, saw a billion different characters with a billion different spells and a billion different items for you to buy in the store. It's a tad overwhelming, haha.
I started off with botmatch and then moved onto coop before finally trying out regular versus matches. If you start off by trying to jump into regular matches, you will hate the game and your teammates will hate you even more.

Also, any time trying out a new character, doing it in a coop match is a better idea if you have no idea how to play that character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom