• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I want one. Valve is the only other company that could push a controller that would be adopted by a lot of developers. I'm sure it'll be xinput compatible, too. So there won't be much to relearn.

I'm not against it, I just don't have much faith in developers offering stuff like alternate button prompts or remapping if needed. It's one area where standardization is mostly a good thing.

I'm not against it, I just don't have much faith in developers offering stuff like alternate button prompts or remapping if needed. It's one area where standardization is mostly a good thing.

Steam equals PC gaming pretty much. I am sure Valve can make that happen.

lol saw this on the community page,thought i'd post it here.

1024x0.resizedimage

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Why would they use a different button config? I figure the whole point of it would that it could fake being a 360 controller to Windows so that all games would be good to go off the bat.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Why would they use a different button config? I figure the whole point of it would that it could fake being a 360 controller to Windows so that all games would be good to go off the bat.

Yeah, I guess if the 360 controller button layout and coloring isn't patented they could make it exactly the same, I just don't have much faith in third party controllers.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
He's right by portal ladies head. Just noticed it lol.

You said Zoey before you edited, and I went to look and I was like: that guy is smart, he made a joke and I fell for it.

Now you edited it, and showed that you're wrong too.

My version of it was better. :D

omg_mjd

Choosing my 2nd game for the Get Loaded sale, which one is better:

Quantum Conundrum or Operation Flashpoint?

I'm in the mood for either kind of game, just not sure which one to pick.

Tizoc

Choosing my 2nd game for the Get Loaded sale, which one is better:

Quantum Conundrum or Operation Flashpoint?

I'm in the mood for either kind of game, just not sure which one to pick.

I personally recommend Quantum Conundrum, though many here don't like it. I found it to be a good puzzle platformer game.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
The Demoman's arm appears to be white (it ain't the Engineer's) and he's missing his facial hair. I love the concept of the pic, though.

Salsa

im fucking cruising through Runner 2 on Hard collecting everything and without using checkpoints. Already at the last world

game is ridiculously easy when compared to the first. There's nothing even similar to stuff like the color-coded blocks you had to memorize with those crazy up and down patterns and all that.

it's still more fun tho

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
A simple google search gives you this
https://secure.gog.com/redeem
I had to google it too. Why do they have to make it so difficult?

im fucking cruising through Runner 2 on Hard collecting everything and without using checkpoints. Already at the last world

game is ridiculously easy when compared to the first. There's nothing even similar to stuff like the color-coded blocks you had to memorize with those crazy up and down patterns and all that.

it's still more fun tho
There's no level like 1-11 or 3-9, yeah. I need to replay that one on Easy and Hard, I need those Triple Perfect+. And the retro carts I missed, which are many.

Relax.MX

I just finished Darksiders 2, and is hard to explain, is not a bad game but not one that excels at something, feel inferior to the first despite having the same idiotic story/art makes no sense, I think this misses than ever gives life to its main character (death), the puzzles are quite easy I found maybe 2 or 3 good throughout the game, the battles are fairly simple with nothing extraordinarily (crushes buttons). Music is good sometimes but forgettable.

I give it a 7.

Deques

I just finished Darksiders 2, and is hard to explain, is not a bad game but not one that excels at something, feel inferior to the first despite having the same idiotic story/art makes no sense, I think this misses than ever gives life to its main character (death), the puzzles are quite easy I found maybe 2 or 3 good throughout the game, the battles are fairly simple with nothing extraordinarily (crushes buttons). Music is good sometimes but forgettable.

I give it a 7.

Does it suffer glitches where achievement wouldn't unlock, like the first game?

Grief.exe

Holy shit

I just discovered the Grey Market in XCOM.

Go to the situation room, click grey market, and you can sell whatever you need.

I'm rolling in dosh now, I was poor for the entire game.

Anyone want to split the Get Loaded sale? I'm only interested in Arkham City.

PM'd you.

As for a Valve controller, I am down with any controller that is widely supported and feels good to use but the 360 controller is kind of already that (admittedly the d-pad is trash). It's really only a few hold out developers who don't support it natively at this point (ME3 I'm looking at you!).

What about a tablet client for Steam or a Steam Tablet? We're seeing more iOS titles make their way to Steam so why not make a push?

Addnan

Damn, now theres no point buying COH2 from Steam, has same rewards as other places. Can just buy from Gamergate for £27 with the 20% off mess up code.

MNC

z3n.jpg

There you go, Bethesda. If you use that idea in Doom 4, you can PM for my bank account number, where you can send me a royalty cut. But only if you buy the NeoGAF PM DLC®, which unleashes the true potential of a GAF pro user and lets him send and receive messages like he were living in the future!*

*there are no refunds for this product. The user must be always online in order to use it.
This is painful to watch

Dr Dogg

As much as I'd like a Valve designed controller I'd much prefer they developed an application or built into the Steamworks api hooks into Directinput and Xinput so that any controller would function with any game and make it easy for past future and present games to have controller support.

Holy shit

I just discovered the Grey Market in XCOM.

Go to the situation room, click grey market, and you can sell whatever you need.

I'm rolling in dosh now, I was poor for the entire game.

Of course. Where on earth do you think you get you can get most of your money from. Got a couple of surplus Sectoids? No problem sell them to some weirdo on eBay. It's probably someone like Danny Dyer.

The first few campaigns in XCOM always ending up discovering stuff the game forgets to tell you. Took me ages to realise you needed 6 engineers to build a new workshop giving you more engineers but you only start with 5. Games doesn't tell you that until you gain extra chaps from terror missions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom