• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

FYC

Banned
pXchLkP.jpg

dude check it

FYC

Banned
guys dont make fun of it its a really cool poster signed by the voice actor for commander shpeard its cool plz

now i gotta buy mass effect on steam

FYC

Banned
I don't think she was there, it's a gift from my brother who went to Fan Expo this weekend. Found it on my bed after my final exam, what a lovely present :D

For once, this kind of website could be useful. By blacklisting games, you do not need to create a secondary Steam account just because one game is crappy. You just blacklist it and hide it from the grid view. Managing the backlog is made really easier.

wait what, how do I blacklist a game in grid view?

iavi

Is this Superbrother Sword & Sorcery combat shit suppose to be fun on mouse?

Hell no.

The game really doesn't work on the PC, though I appreciate them bringing it over anyway. Be kinda dope if they updated it to support touch-ultrabooks like the surface pro.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Hell no.

The game really doesn't work on the PC, though I appreciate them bringing it over anyway. Be kinda dope if they updated it to support touch-ultrabooks like the surface pro.

Oh well, deleted it. I'm not going to sleep through another 3 minutes of boring boss stuff to get to the final phase which is the exact same as the last boss only sped up and clearly design around touch with 2 fingers. The puzzles were shit too. I'm pretty sure they were designed around like 4 year old's ability to tap things and have a functioning memory. Oh god the writing too.

The art isn't worth the suffering.

This is why I have indie shit filtered for me.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Oh well, deleted it. I'm not going to sleep through another 3 minutes of boring boss stuff to get to the final phase which is the exact same as the last boss only sped up and clearly design around touch with 2 fingers. The puzzles were shit too. I'm pretty sure they were designed around like 4 year old's ability to tap things and have a functioning memory. Oh god the writing too.

The art isn't worth the suffering.

This is why I have indie shit filtered for me.

Yeah I was just... not a fan of it. The art and sound was great, but I hated pretty much everything else.

Including the horrific writing.

Is this Superbrother Sword & Sorcery combat shit suppose to be fun on mouse?

I played it on my Nexus 7 (but I also have it on my iPad) and I certainly think it works better on a touchscreen. It's not worth playing on the PC if you have other games in your backlog, best to play it on a tablet when a PC is out of reach.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I bought Fez. I'm part of the problem.

Which problem? The problem of games feeling abandoned by their owners. Sorry dude, but I don't know if I'll get to you day one. I promise that I'll... install you. Yes, I will.

Okay, but I fail to spot a game as good as La-Mulana in this bundle. Darkout is not my type of game, and it is the only one which looks (to me) both deep and polished. Has someone tried any of these games?

Edit: I was not counting Ichi, because I had already bought it several times. This one is interesting for the puzzle lovers.

I've had a go at the games so far in the bundle.

Ichi is indeed pretty good for what it is.

Darkout looks like it has a lot of promise but only because it has nice graphics and seems to have a shitload of "stuff" in it. I couldn't really make heads nor tails or it and it kept crashing when I finally got it to run. It is maybe worth picking up in case it ever gets really good and gets through steam.

I didn't see much in any of the other games, maybe DRM is fun for a few minutes. Noting that I couldn't actually get Crow working after two corrupted downloads.

Aaron

I think Phil Fish's deadpan humor works much better in video than in text. I really don't think he means it as harsh as it sometimes comes off.

I think Phil Fish's deadpan humor works much better in video than in text. I really don't think he means it as harsh as it sometimes comes off.

When he was on Giant Bomb I really started to like him more. I think he comes off a lot better in front of a camera.

Tizoc

I bought Fez. I'm part of the problem.

Which problem? The problem of games feeling abandoned by their owners. Sorry dude, but I don't know if I'll get to you day one. I promise that I'll... install you. Yes, I will.

Huh, what do you mean by 'abondened by owners'?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
He's probably having some fun with his reputation, but I think he's genuinely lost it more than a few times. I saw him flame his own comment section back when Fez Forever jokes were a thing.

jediyoshi

Wasn't Fez buggy on the 360? What's the over/under on the PC release being even worse?

It got patched, the overlying problem was that 360 cert costs were too prohibitive to keep patching past his free pass. Now on steam we can get patches on the daily!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Wasn't Fez buggy on the 360? What's the over/under on the PC release being even worse?
Given that releasing patches on Steam is free, I don't think it will suffer from the same problems than the 360 release. And if it does, it shouldn't be expensive to fix them, maybe only time consuming.

Huh, what do you mean by 'abondened by owners'?

That I (and maybe some other people too) forget about the games they buy, storing them in an eternal backlog that grows ever bigger, never to be seen or heard of again. And I'm afraid that's going to happen to Fez too, now that I got a new shiny toy which is making me grow apart from the PC.

The only thing that could make me play it day one is if we do the quest/puzzle solving as a group, for people who never did it before on the 360. I'd love to take part on that.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Phil Fish is just going straight heel now. He just needs to start punctuating his sentences with Ric Flair Woos every once and a while.

Nevermind Fish, there's a heathen desecrating the awesome that is Surgeon Simulator 2013.

Lol. I keep hearing how many people are complaining but from the video i saw it looked hilarious. Are people SERIOUSLY expecting an actual surgery sim? Like they knew it was supposed to be a joke funny game, right?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Omg I just watched a video of the game and am crying tears of laughter holy crap its genius

About a week and a half ago I asked this:

Sometimes, though, bad films are so bad they're good. Can the same be said for bad games? Is there a game out there that is well and truly awful, but is nonetheless worth playing for the novelty its awfulness offers?

Surgeon Sim answers this question with a resounding "Absolutely."

About a week and a half ago I asked this:

Surgeon Sim answers this question with a resounding "Absolutely."

You have to have a certain type of humor I guess. I love stupid funny. I love Jackass, I love Best In Show, I love Al Green show back in the day. I love entertainment that doesnt take itself serious.

I don't know if it's humor or Phil simply talking before he thinks. I kind of got the impression it's more the latter after watching Indie Game: The Movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom