• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

AppleMIX

Meh, whatever the guy has to say has nothing to do with the quality of the games he makes.

I doubt any of you would boycott Hideki Kamiya for all the shit he said on twitter.

Deques

Meh, whatever the guy has to say has nothing to do with the quality of the games he makes.

I doubt any of you would boycott Hideki Kamiya for all the shit he said on twitter.

I am not boycotting Fez. Just waiting for the right opportunity to buy it :p

dLMN8R

Phil Fish is awesome. Following him on Twitter is always hilarious as he doesn't care at all when people actually think he's serious when he's actually just laughing off everything.

He'll occasionally intentionally rile people up with a series of tweets that goes something like this:

1) lol watch this
2) the next tweet is a complete joke and is just proving a point
3) <INFLAMMATORY STATEMENT HERE>

a few hours pass...

4) LOL here's the Reddit thread with people attacking me because of the last tweet

surly

Banned
I support Phil Fish. Random pricks on the steam forums deserve to get shat on.
Yep, plus it was a lot easier for many of GAF to "boycott" his game when it was only on the 360, lol. Now his game is coming to PC, people seem to like him all of a sudden and he's gone from being a fucking dick to "just having a laugh!". Shocker.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Phil Fish is awesome. Following him on Twitter is always hilarious as he doesn't care at all when people actually think he's serious when he's actually just laughing off everything.

He'll occasionally intentionally rile people up with a series of tweets that goes something like this:

1) lol watch this
2) the next tweet is a complete joke and is just proving a point
3) <INFLAMMATORY STATEMENT HERE>

a few hours pass...

4) LOL here's the Reddit thread with people attacking me because of the last tweet

Trolling was amusing the first time I saw it too, over a decade ago. Let me know when he tweets Never Gonna Give You Up and says it's the Fez 2 trailer.

jediyoshi

Yep, plus it was a lot easier for many of GAF to "boycott" his game when it was only on the 360, lol. Now his game is coming to PC, people seem to like him all of a sudden and he's gone from being a fucking dick to "just having a laugh!". Shocker.

GAF Steam OT might just be the least indicative sample of people to try to generalize from.

Its not that People like him. They just dont know him and want to play the game because it was announced Years ago.

Or people like me, who just don't care either way.

I'm playing Fez because it looks like a dull platformer but is apparently related to unlocking the meaning of life or something once you get into it and unravel its secrets.

Can't wait to see how much bullshit that actually turns out to be. Or alternatively I might evolve into a higher gaming being.

ChryZ

fL7yxVx.png

My reaction:

We0atBQ.png

I remember back when he said Fez was meant to be only played on couches so that's why it will never come to PC's. Ahahahahahahahaha. I will be double dipping :)....on summer sale...

Addnan

I want to buy Fez, never got the chance to finish it on the Xbox. Don't give a shit how the dev is, if you want to play the game, guy needs to get paid.

He doesn't deserve the money for making a good game?

Only if people followed that rule for every big game released...

Did you played the game? Its not as good as people claim it to be. The ending is hilariously bad and the rest is just boring. And i wasted a few hours for this game. At least a friend of mine paid the price.

Addnan

Did you played the game? Its not as good as people claim it to be. The ending is hilariously bad and the rest is just boring. And i wasted a few hours for this game. At least a friend of mine paid the price.

I have played the game, played it quite a bit on the 360.

ChryZ

I want to buy Fez, never got the chance to finish it on the Xbox. Don't give a shit how the dev is, if you want to play the game, guy needs to get paid.
He will still make plenty. I'm just going to forward some of it to charity. You can call it douche bag tax, if you want.

Stoze

Fez is coming out at a great time for me, I get to jump into this goodness as soon as I finish finals.

I don't really get the attitude of not buying a game just because a person behind the creation of it comes off as an asshole. I mean it would be pretty silly not to see a movie just because you dislike an actor's or director's personality, or refusing to purchase a band's album just because one of the band members is a dick.

Judge an artist by the quality of his art, judge a game developer by the quality of his game.

kaleii

I don't really get the attitude of not buying a game just because a person behind the creation of it comes off as an asshole. I mean it would be pretty silly not to see a movie just because you dislike an actor's or director's personality, or refusing to purchase a band's album just because one of the band members is a dick.

I don't mind if someone is being a dick in general, but he's basically telling potential buyers that they can fuck off if they don't like his game.

And hey, I've only played Fez for an hour. What category am I in? Right now I'm thinking "I think I'd really enjoy the game, but why should I pay money right now that will make the creator act like even more of an asshole?" Because that's what he'll do (no matter if I preorder it or not).

I know that the game stands for itself, and I will buy it eventually. But I prefer not having to hear the gloating from a guy who rubs me the wrong way. Not right now anyway.

Mind you, I'm not a boycotter --- I just have a crazy backlog, and this was enough for me to put off purchasing this Day 1.

In what world do people still use 56k?

In all seriousness, in Australia I get 150MB a month on my mobile plan and this is not unusual. Excess is charged at like a gazillion dollars a byte.

So if I hit the wrong thread on my phone when I'm out and about? Bad things can happen. Yes I can turn images off, hence a warning before entering a page is still nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom