• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

Phil Fish is awesome. Following him on Twitter is always hilarious as he doesn't care at all when people actually think he's serious when he's actually just laughing off everything.

He'll occasionally intentionally rile people up with a series of tweets that goes something like this:

1) lol watch this
2) the next tweet is a complete joke and is just proving a point
3) <INFLAMMATORY STATEMENT HERE>

a few hours pass...

4) LOL here's the Reddit thread with people attacking me because of the last tweet

Fish should stop trying to be Andy Kaufman.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Here's the whole thing in better quality.

In all seriousness, in Australia I get 150MB a month on my mobile plan and this is not unusual. Excess is charged at like a gazillion dollars a byte.

So if I hit the wrong thread on my phone when I'm out and about? Bad things can happen. Yes I can turn images off, hence a warning before entering a page is still nice.

Yeah, mobile data costs are a rort. 150MB is ridiculously low, though; I get 500MB a month with my $30 pre-paid cap.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Be honest, 1% off is enough for you with almost any game.
If it says "on sale" Jase will get it, no matter the cost.

After all the talk about Fish I think I'm hyped about Fez again. Thanks Steam forums fools!

In all seriousness, in Australia I get 150MB a month on my mobile plan and this is not unusual. Excess is charged at like a gazillion dollars a byte.

So if I hit the wrong thread on my phone when I'm out and about? Bad things can happen. Yes I can turn images off, hence a warning before entering a page is still nice.
Luckily I have an unlimited mobile data plan.

Unfortunately my mobile connection is shit, and I can never seem to get an acceptable connection. 3G? Haha, if I'm lucky I'll get a little bit of EDGE, but most of the time I have nothing at all. Zero, nada.

keit4

Banned
Yep, plus it was a lot easier for many of GAF to "boycott" his game when it was only on the 360, lol. Now his game is coming to PC, people seem to like him all of a sudden and he's gone from being a fucking dick to "just having a laugh!". Shocker.

QFT

Pathetic.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
update:

jCNgZVJuVzT5F.PNG

tumblr_m7lu2wcE4t1qa0m8uo1_400.gif
tumblr_m7lu2wcE4t1qa0m8uo1_400.gif

<3

i was only pretending xD

FloatOn

I'd high five Phil Fish given the chance. His dickish tendencies remind me so much of myself.

I really want to buy his game to support him and all but I'm wrapped up in La-Mulana... and then there is Monaco... and Blood Dragon.

So much cool stuff coming out. I'm trying really hard to not be one of those jerks that amass a huge amount of games and never play them.

I'd high five Phil Fish given the chance. His dickish tendencies remind me so much of myself.

I really want to buy his game to support him and all but I'm wrapped up in La-Mulana... and then there is Monaco... and Blood Dragon.

So much cool stuff coming out. I'm trying really hard to not be one of those jerks that amass a huge amount of games and never play them.

There really needs to be a therapy thread for Steam addicts who just buy and never play because it's such a great deal and won't get a similar one in a long time (even though that's a bad assumption to make about Steam sales).

FloatOn

There really needs to be a therapy thread for Steam addicts who just buy and never play because it's such a great deal and won't get a similar one in a long time (even though that's a bad assumption to make about Steam sales).

I'm not even really that bad compared to some of you people. I have 385 games according to the inflated games list (you know the one that counts dlc as games).

I've actually beat a handful of games in the past few months... so maybe I'll allow this game purchase binge. I should get drunk first though. Drunken game buying is so best.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
There is, it's called Backlog Blitz. I stopped posting on this years' thread because I was like -17 points, and now I'm probably -25 or so.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So where did the 1920 by 1080 screenshots on the Steam store from then.

From an internal build that will never see the light of day. :( Like Bayonetta: 3D Vision Edition.

On a more serious note, it may be an oversight/bug with the review copy if the game is indeed 1080p-friendly. In any case, Fish has a week to address the issue.

Gav47

From an internal build that will never see the light of day. :( Like Bayonetta: 3D Vision Edition.

On a more serious note, it may be an oversight/bug with the review copy if the game is indeed 1080p-friendly. In any case, Fish has a week to address the issue.

Yeah, hopefully the review copy is just an earlier build of the game. Or maybe if you select 720p in the menu the game will just stretch out to fullscreen, it wouldn't be ideal but it'd be better than letterbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom