• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gav47

I don't know if that's Reddit PEBKAC or an old review copy, but from the Steam forum:

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1531/fez1080p.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

The guy still [URL="http://youtu.be/XqRrN8SDMCs?t=1m38s"]maintains[/URL] that theres no 1080p scaling. So he's either got an older build of the game, can't work a PC or is trying to running some kind of smear campaign on the game.

I should have looked around a bit more before posting originally, mea culpa SteamGAF.

1-D_FTW

basically drew red circles over random people implicating them. See cover for The Post.

Wasn't it worse than that? Didn't they also uncover names and just do the worst form of "internet detective"? Think they also implicated some kid from Brown University who disappeared a month ago. Just an all around black eye for the internet.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know if that's Reddit PEBKAC or an old review copy, but from the Steam forum:

fez1080p.png
What do the thread and pic say?

xJavonta

Banned
Monaco, Fez, and Blood Dragon all pre-purchased. Can't wait.

I think Phil Fish's deadpan humor works much better in video than in text. I really don't think he means it as harsh as it sometimes comes off.
The "nerds" bit gives it away. I'm sure people just want something to yell about.

Wasn't it worse than that? Didn't they also uncover names and just do the worst form of "internet detective"? Think they also implicated some kid from Brown University who disappeared a month ago. Just an all around black eye for the internet.

yeah, you're right. It was not the internet's brightest moment that's for sure. I tried to stay away from Reddit, just saw what was filtered through to GAF.

Amneisac

Guys, why the hell would you post anything from Reddit after what they did with the Boston events?

Is this trolling? Obviously what happened with the misidentified suspects on Reddit is terrible, but they also did a LOT of good things, organizing meetups and transportation for people stranded in Boston, etc.

Here's a post the General Manager of Reddit wrote about it:

http://blog.reddit.com/2013/04/reflections-on-recent-boston-crisis.html

I'm by no means a Reddit apologist, but I think it's pretty ridiculous if you're actually condemning an entire community as big as Reddit for one seriously unfortunate event like this, especially when others in the community did so much to help.

AkuMifune

Banned
Are you serious

Were you in the OT? It was like Reddit's little brother. Internet communities shouldn't be defined by the actions of a few loons though. You don't blame individual drops of water for a tidal wave. Of stupidity.

Hey guys, Dead Island is fun. It's my favorite Giant Bomb 2-Star game of all time!@

Aaron

Monaco, Fez, and Blood Dragon all pre-purchased. Can't wait.

The "nerds" bit gives it away. I'm sure people just want something to yell about.
People seem hypersensitive on twitter and message boards, but when Phil says things like these in his actual voice, you have to be really dense not to realize it's troll humor.

xJavonta

Banned
Were you in the OT? It was like Reddit's little brother. Internet communities shouldn't be defined by the actions of a few loons though. You don't blame individual drops of water for a tidal wave. Of stupidity.

Hey guys, Dead Island is fun. It's my favorite Giant Bomb 2-Star game of all time!@
I didn't read the OT forum last weekend, but I can't imagine the damage being on the level of Reddit's.

People seem hypersensitive on twitter and message boards, but when Phil says things like these in his actual voice, you have to be really dense not to realize it's troll humor.
Yup. That and people like to hate him which is why they take it so literally.

If it were someone like Notch this would be shrugged off as a joke immediately.

Forkball

Liking Year of the Snake DLC so far for Sleeping Dogs ($2 on Gamersgate). They added some cool cop things like arresting people during fights and using your badge to hijack cars.

Aaron

If it were someone like Notch this would be shrugged off as a joke immediately.
I doubt it. The internet was ready to jump down his throat from the 'paying girls' thing, and that accusation turned out to be total bullshit. The rise to twitter detectives posting this shit all over the place has ruined the internet.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The picture is a screencap of a Steam forum thread where someone who says he has a review copy is saying that the game runs at 1080p, supports keyboard, and runs at 60fps.
Thanks. Looks like the game running at 720p was a lie after all.

anyone know how well the 360 pad is supported in Condemned and Nights? Tempted to pick both up while they are on sale
It works perfectly in Nights. I haven't tried Condemned yet, but I seem to recall reading that it doesn't support the analog triggers.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
anyone know how well the 360 pad is supported in Condemned and Nights? Tempted to pick both up while they are on sale

Condemned has kinda broken support. The triggers and sticks were bound for me properly, but I had to set up a profile for all the buttons.

I just ended up playing MKB after the first level since it felt fine.

1-D_FTW

Condemned has kinda broken support. The triggers and sticks were bound for me properly, but I had to set up a profile for all the buttons.

I just ended up playing MKB after the first level since it felt fine.

So it half asses both. That's an interesting way to go.

Was playing for the first time the other day and constantly had to go into the menus to see what key I needed to press (since the tutorial just left everything blank).

Fez review copy here.

720p fullscreen, 1080p letterbox only
runs at 60 fps
supports keyboard + mouse (to look around). Screen commands are from the 360 controller, even if you use the keyboard

Wok

Fez review copy here.

runs at 60 fps
supports keyboard + mouse (to look around). Screen commands are from the 360 controller, even if you use the keyboard

Has the game ever run in 1080p anyway? On consoles, it would have already been in 720p, and maybe the assets do not scale easily.

Or Steam jpeg compression. Was the game originally in 720p? I don't really see him redrawing all of the art assets to be 1080p if that is the case.

Blizzard

Banned
Fez review copy here.

runs at 60 fps
Any idea how where the Steam store 1080p screenshots came from, or whether the poster mentioning 1080p screens on the Steam forums was correct?

What date did you get your review copy?

What do you mean by "Screen commands are from the 360 controller"? Do you mean button prompts?

Momentary

Banned
App ID 39140
App Type Unknown
Name Final Fantasy VII
Last Record Update about 5 hours ago (April 23, 2013 – 11:41:01 UTC)
SteamDB Comment Game Version – 6, Achievements – 36

When this does get released... will it be the version everyone hates that came out of the Square-Enix store?

Wok

Any idea how where the Steam store 1080p screenshots came from, or whether the poster mentioning 1080p screens on the Steam forums was correct?

I would be okay with this upscaling.

Honestly, that looks upscaled rather than a native 1080p res screenshot.

What date did you get your review copy?

What do you mean by "Screen commands are from the 360 controller"? Do you mean button prompts?

Some answers are in this album.

FYC

Banned
Daily Deal is Deponia at $6.80(-66%)

Midweek Madness is Dragon Age Origins Ultimate at $7.49(-75%) and Eurotruck Simulator 2012 at $19.99(-50%)

Edit: Prices updated

Fez review copy here.

runs at 60 fps

Don't really care about the resolution since it's pixel art but it's a real bummer there's no button prompts for kb&m. That shit is inexcusable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom