• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
fellas, Dragon Age:Origins ultimate edition for $12.50 worth it? Or should I just stick with the base game for $5

Never played a dragon age game before so I'm a bit hesitant to go for the full shebang

Ultimate is a good buy. The DLC is solid without being spectacular but when you factor in mods (check out the dragon age nexus) it is amazing.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The new client beta rendered Steam practically unusable thanks to the frequent freezing, so for the first time in god-knows-how-long I had to revert back to the latest stable release.

Also, remember how Everyday Genius: SquareLogic disappeared from the store about a year ago? Well, I just noticed it's in my library, but according to my order confirmation e-mails and licence/transaction history I didn't purchase the game. This left me scratching my head for a moment until I remembered that a mate gifted me the MumboJumbo Collection earlier in the year, so I checked its registry listing and lo and behold:

What a nice surprise!

You're welcome. Good to see you finally got FMs with keys intact as well.

I have to say that I was rather anxious when I opened FM 2009. :p

JustinBB7

The new client beta rendered Steam practically unusable thanks to the frequent freezing, so for the first time in god-knows-how-long I had to revert back to the latest stable release.

I only just updated but so far it's running fine for me. Did you limit downloads? Maybe that's messing with things. Could just be a random thing though, I've had it before with the Big Picture Mode beta.

JaseC

I only just updated but so far it's running fine for me. Did you limit downloads? Maybe that's messing with things. Could just be a random thing though, I've had it before with the Big Picture Mode beta.

I didn't get that far. It took me a good minute or so to reach the settings window.

cicero

Isn't he just taking a jab at the boy-cotters and not the actual customers? Either way, I find it hard to take any of his comments seriously.

It makes him a troll, and I really have no interest in rewarding someone who has gone out of their way to try to goad the internet into disliking him so he can be amused by it publicly at our expense. Intentionally abrasive attention whoring fake insults, or real insults apparently coming from a lack of class, dignity, or tact. I would guess that both stem from self-absorbed puerile narcissism with delusions of grandeur. Apparently I should be finding some of this endearing though?...

I still have an interest in playing his game, although it is greatly decreased now, so I will pick it up when it hits a bundle, and try to give everything to charity instead of a disingenuous attention whore of a troll.

Hmmm.... whenever I use Pixelvision, my screen name gets stuck behind the back button or something.... I have no idea why =/ It happens in Metro and Windows 8 as well.

You might need the check its localisation option. There is a file you need to edit in pixelvision folder if you are using with a non-english language.

srowjnk.gif
didn't you hit 3k Xelios?
Yep, but that's been a few days. Saoirse's time to shine!
Congratulations to both of you. You now have more games then you can ever play.

I'm at 335 games and I feel like I spent too much already. Can't imagine myself with 3k or 2,5k games.

Nillansan

It makes him a troll, and I really have no interest in rewarding someone who has gone out of their way to try to goad the internet into disliking him so he can be amused by it publicly at our expense. Intentionally abrasive attention whoring fake insults, or real insults apparently coming from a lack of class, dignity, or tact. I would guess that both stem from self-absorbed puerile narcissism with delusions of grandeur. Apparently I should be finding some of this endearing though?...

I still have an interest in playing his game, although it is greatly decreased now, so I will pick it up when it hits a bundle, and try to give everything to charity instead of a disingenuous attention whore of a troll.

I was definitely not suggesting that. As I've said, I just can't take his comments seriously (thanks in part to the coverage on him in Indie Game: The Movie and how consistent his tone has been in his tweets) and as a result I just don't get riled up about them.

FloatOn

I keep telling myself that I'm not going to buy Monaco today. But I know I'll probably crack.

If the co-op in this is as good as what I think it's going to be Hotline Miami 2 better have it or versus when it comes out.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Those are larger companies, so it's hard to pin accountability on one person. But Fish is like 50% of the Fez team. And he does the majority of the PR on top of that.
So I take it's worse then? I'd rather be verbally vandalized by a single guy than gangbanged by the whole company. It's less painful, at least.

So is there any reason why Steam won't let me sell any TF2 items? I ran TF2 and unlocked them, TF2 shows they are marketable, I can see them in the market....but if won't let me sell anything?

When I click 'sell an item' it shows I have no TF2 items to sell...even though there are ~15 in there now.

Am I missing a step?

http://i.imgur.com/elVeQDG.png[IMG]

:-/

The font size in the textbox is still the same.[/QUOTE]I thought I was going crazy but I couldn't shake the feeling that the page number font when browsing your inventory changed, but looking at this it's the same font so I'm thinking it did.

JaseC

So is there any reason why Steam won't let me sell any TF2 items? I ran TF2 and unlocked them, TF2 shows they are marketable, I can see them in the market....but if won't let me sell anything?

When I click 'sell an item' it shows I have no TF2 items to sell...even though there are ~15 in there now.

Am I missing a step?

Only genuine and vintage items can be sold at the moment. And crates/keys, obviously.

Edit:
You need to have a premium account in TF2 to be able to trade or sell items.

And/or this. To upgrade your account all you need to do is purchase something from the Mann Co. Store.

Am I missing a step?

You need to have a premium account in TF2 to be able to trade or sell items.

Megasoum

Banned
Anyone like Condemned for PC? I remember seeing it around Xbox 360's launch period and it seemed like a good game. It's on sale right now and can be redeemed on Steam.

Wait, so Condemned on Gamersgate can be redeemed on Steam? It only says SecuROM on the site.

Santiako

Yes

Most of the top 10 is really good. I use 1,3,6,7,8,11,16.

I've tried downsampling as well, but it takes the UI with it. Sometimes making it hard to read.

Thanks, I have the nexus mod manager for Skyrim, so that'll make things easier. I love that in the top 10 there's a Skip the Fade mod lol

Yes

Most of the top 10 is really good. I use 1,3,6,7,8,11,16.

I've tried downsampling as well, but it takes the UI with it. Sometimes making it hard to read.

Nice list. I'd throw in the hairstyles of 2 if you want a female character and the lock bash mod too.

Some of the adult only mods there are very well done as well if that is your thing.

I know, I've already played through the game a couple of times when it was released on 360, so for this playthrough I want mods, and I dread going through the Fade again.

You are in for a treat. The PC version is almost a completely different game, and a much better one at that.

I know, I've already played through the game a couple of times when it was released on 360, so for this playthrough I want mods, and I dread going through the Fade again.

For sure up the 'Skip the Fade' mod then. You still get all the skill points and such as if you went through it.

1-D_FTW

Was going to try out the beta throttle stuff but somehow Comcast/Steam is giving me 2.8MBps instead of the usual 2.

I think Comcast upped their speed for people recently. I just noticed instead of tapping out at my usual 2MB/s, I was getting 3.2MB/s the other day. I replaced the modem a couple days ago, but I think it's because Comcast is slowly rolling out upgrades across the country.

baconcow

Is there a NeoGAF topic specifically for Steam key selling and trading? I missed out on La-Mulana and want to try and find someone trading it or selling it. Tried CAG already.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Bringing those beautifully Bioware-animated love scenes to life.

I'm stifling laughter in class wondering if you double-checked if Dragon Age was on there at work.

Dude, after checking to see if Hunted: Demon's Forge had a nude mod and discovering that, yes, yes it does, I simply don't even bother guessing if a game is up there anymore. It is there.

DTKT

Anyone has any experience modifying the in-game overlay? I'm trying to add some buttons and Steam keeps overwriting my modified overlaydesktop.layout file. Setting it to read only doesn't do anything.

It seems that Steam is checking the file when it launches.

Also, the vanilla Steam client is very ugly.

JaseC

Looking through Valve's rarely-updated retail key list, there are two games listed that I don't have and are no longer available on the Steam Store: GTI Racing and Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009. I can import a German retail version of the former via eBay for around $13, but Beamdog is selling it for $4.99 so I'll ask if it comes with a key (doubtful); the latter is just a rebranded Football Manager 2009, and thus far I've only come across two unused copies: one a CD key from a questionable site and the other a retail copy being sold by a business in Sydney (which is weird as WSM was for a brief time the North American moniker for the FM series), but both are north of $20 so I'll probably just wait until a quite week as far as Steam deals are concerned.

HoosTrax

Looking through Valve's rarely-updated retail key list, there are two games listed that I don't have and are no longer available on the Steam Store: GTI Racing and Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009.
So it sounds like you have Xpand Rally, but not GTI Racing? I thought those two were always sold together.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I like how modders have their priorities straight. The wonders of PC gaming.

The comprehensiveness of the site is astounding. They have fucking Dead Space nudemods, for fucks sake.
Though they do cheat and don't make Isaac nude.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Looking through Valve's rarely-updated retail key list, there are two games listed that I don't have and are no longer available on the Steam Store: GTI Racing and Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009. I can import a German retail version of the former via eBay for around $13, but Beamdog is selling it for $4.99 so I'll ask if it comes with a key (doubtful); the latter is just a rebranded Football Manager 2009, and thus far I've only come across two unused copies: one a CD key from a questionable site and the other a retail copy being sold by a business in Sydney (which is weird as WSM was for a brief time the North American moniker for the FM series), but both are north of $20 so I'll probably just wait until a quite week as far as Steam deals are concerned.

Genuine question, are you trying to collect every game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom