• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like I should add JaseC to my friends list so he can populate my "friends recently bought" on the main page.

Yep, he certainly does that

Z4VtQ2N.jpg

Any idea when Dust: Any Elysian Tale actually comes out on Steam? Kind of interested in it.

From the official Dust: Any Elysian Tale facebook page:

Not very nice of me to announce the Steam version of the game and leave everyone hanging, huh? Hopefully this update helps.

Right now the game is content complete, and I'm in the final stages of testing. While I don't have a launch date yet, I'm doing EVERYTHING in my power to have the game available sometime in May.

The game looks lovely at 1080p, and I'm actually really enjoying the mouse/keyboard controls with the revamped UI. Of course gamepad controls are in as well. The wait is nearly over, thank you for your patience!

http://www.facebook.com/DustAnElysianTail

Gvaz

Banned
No he's an indie developer saying this shit, so no he doesn't get a pass.

I generally don't buy activision games because of Kotick either.

They don't come right out and say "you're all piece of shit now buy my game"

Also I like Telltale and Volution.

I guess you didn't hear about how Telltall refuses to update games that are broken and basically ignores the issue altogether?
I guess you didn't read Volution's comments on their forums when Saints Row II was released on the PC?

Both of these companies have shitted on their customers in worse ways than Phil Fish has. He only uses words while they have actually ignored their customers who have paid money for their products. Products that were broken and totally ignored by these two developers.

You can get upset by words that at the end of the day don't actually affect you but don't try and act like there are other developers whose games you do buy who are much more damaging to their customers.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I guess you didn't hear about how Telltall refuses to update games that are broken and basically ignores the issue altogether?
I guess you didn't read Volution's comments on their forums when Saints Row II was released on the PC?

Both of these companies have shitted on their customers in worse ways than Phil Fish has. He only uses words while they have actually ignored their customers who have paid money for their products. Products that were broken and totally ignored by these two developers.

You can get upset by words that at the end of the day don't actually affect you but don't try and act like there are other developers whose games you do buy who are much more damaging to their customers.
Those are larger companies, so it's hard to pin accountability on one person. But Fish is like 50% of the Fez team. And he does the majority of the PR on top of that.

zkylon

zkylewd
a valley without wind 2 just bombards you with achievements. I got 28 playing it for the last half hour

game is alright, I guess? it has a whole bunch of 'stuff' that's intriguing, and it's moderately deep so it's entertaining for the time being, but the art style is just... uh...

it's also pretty confusing in a lot of unexplained things.

seems like a curiosity I'll eventually drop.

zkylon

zkylewd
Achievement unlocked: You unlocked an achievement.
an achievement for realzies:

"Innocence Lost!: Be present at the death of a monster."

you don't even have to do anything!

"Is There A Light Down Here?: Enter a cave."

what the fuck kind of shit is this rofl

iavi

The app in the Naruto registry entry was last updated as of 22 hours ago. So, movement's still being made there.

GIMME THE ANNOUNCEMENT NAMCO

Lord of Shadow's was updated as of a day ago as well.

Those are larger companies, so it's hard to pin accountability on one person. But Fish is like 50% of the Fez team. And he does the majority of the PR on top of that.

And? He only used words which don't impact the game and your ability to play it. These companies screwed up actual games that people did pay for. Volution farmed out Saints Row II port to another company and basically turned their back on the customers who paid for said game. Ignoring them on the forums.

Just because it's a big company doesn't mean they get a pass if folks are going to get pissed off at Fish for simply verbally stating something that some may find offensive.

I just find it hypocritical to claim you won't buy a game because of what one person SAYS while not minding buying games from companies that actually are irresponsible and lack true customer service with the products they sell.

zkylon

zkylewd
Dat linear gameplay.
it's actually non-linear and with procedurally generated maps and overworld (or am I missing something?)

it's ridiculously ambitious but pretty dull in the moment-to-moment gameplay. I kinda like a short ranged heavy damage spell I have that kinda makes me feel like I'm playing an old castlevania game.

xJavonta

Banned
Do you think he's a douche?

If so please give me an example of why because I'm not seeing it

When does Monaco unlock? When the store updates?

cheezcake

fellas, Dragon Age:Origins ultimate edition for $12.50 worth it? Or should I just stick with the base game for $5

Never played a dragon age game before so I'm a bit hesitant to go for the full shebang

Sajjaja

it's actually non-linear and with procedurally generated maps and overworld (or am I missing something?)

it's ridiculously ambitious but pretty dull in the moment-to-moment gameplay. I kinda like a short ranged heavy damage spell I have that kinda makes me feel like I'm playing an old castlevania game.

I just mean it's linear in the sense that it's rewarding you for something that you HAVE to do. You're going to do it no matter what. It may be randomly generated, but it's pretty much thanking you for playing the game this long lol.

dot

The app in the Naruto registry entry was last updated as of 22 hours ago. So, movement's still being made there.

GIMME THE ANNOUNCEMENT NAMCO

Lord of Shadow's was updated as of a day ago as well.

The pc version of Ninja Storm 3 isn't announced yet? I thought it already did.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
And? He only used words which don't impact the game and your ability to play it. These companies screwed up actual games that people did pay for. Volution farmed out Saints Row II port to another company and basically turned their back on the customers who paid for said game. Ignoring them on the forums.

Just because it's a big company doesn't mean they get a pass if folks are going to get pissed off at Fish for simply verbally stating something that some may find offensive.

I just find it hypocritical to claim you won't buy a game because of what one person SAYS while not minding buying games from companies that actually are irresponsible and lack true customer service with the products they sell.
It's not that they get a free pass. It's that boycotting an entire company of that size isn't an effective way to specifically punish the person or people behind the bad decision. If there was a way to withhold compensation from the people behind the SR2 port without punishing the classy ladies/gents at Volition that had no part in that decision then I think a lot of PC gamers would have exercised that power. But there is no way. The best way to communicate discontent was to ignore SR2 and buy the Volition PC ports that didn't blow chunks.

But Fish and Fez are more directly linked, for better or worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom