• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
For whatever reason Dragon Age Origins Ultimate isn't available in my region but the vanilla version is. What's the point EA?
Ultimate Edition has DLC stuff in it (according to Steam: Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition includes Dragon Age: Origins, Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening and all nine content packs.). http://store.steampowered.com/app/47810/?cc=us if you want to browse the store.

Also, for those buying the game, don't forget that Bioware gave away all the pre-order DLC for free for all versions of Dragon Age, DA: Awakening and Dragon Age II. All you have to do is register your account's email address on the site and create your in game account with that same email address:

http://social.bioware.com/da2/dlc_bundle/

It works for all the platforms as well. PC, 360 and PS3.
Heh, they're even advertising the Ultimate Edition on the Brazilian store but when you click it takes you nowhere. Nice.

spotlight_image_brazilian.jpg

We can buy the "Digital Deluxe Edition + Awakening" combo, but it seemingly doesn't include all the extra nine DLC and goes for R$29.99 on 75% off, while the proper 75% off Ultimate Edition that comes with Origins + Awakening + DLC is $7.49 (R$ 15.17). Digital Deluxe does come with the soundtrack or whatever.

Guess I'll just skip this one and wait for an Ultimate Edition sale somewhere else, I don't really care for getting EA games on Steam when the sequels aren't available anyway. Unsurprisingly enough, the Ultimate Edition is available on the Brazilian Origin Store.

BLunted

Banned
last 7 days have been pretty friggin' good for me. Got Euro Truck Simulator 2, Dragon Age Origins: Ult ed. and Witcher 2. Can't wait to see what the rest of the week brings.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The Origins DDE doesn't appear to be available in regions where the Ultimate Edition is, though I suppose there's no need for it if the UE contains all the DDE content and then some.

New Steam Beta is up:

Hi everyone,

We're beginning a new Steam Client Beta today. Here are the changes included in this build:

General
Added rate-limiting of Steam game downloads, via Settings -> Downloads
Added "View" button to the downloads page for workshop items that shows you which items have been updated

Linux
Fix handling of http_proxy environment variable http:// prefix in some instances.
Overlay enable hotkey now handles more shifted keys correctly.
Most-recently-played tray menu will not have an extra separator if no games have been played.

Web Chat
Added a settings dialog where you can enable or disable desktop notifications, sounds, and timestamps. If you have previously enabled desktop notifications, you may need to enable them again.
Fixed an issue where web chat would not attempt to reconnect if it became disconnected from the server.

Known Issues
Friends who are using Steam for iOS or Android will show as "Online" instead of "Online on Mobile Device".

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
"Added "View" button to the downloads page for workshop items that shows you which items have been updated"

YESSSSS so good. I've always wondered what maps CSGO was updating.

Smash88

Banned
Got Cryostasis through a trade. YES!

Cryostasis is MINE! Shame it's never going to be available on Steam again.

Now only to get Dragon Age 2 for Steam. :p

Exuro

Was going to try out the beta throttle stuff but somehow Comcast/Steam is giving me 2.8MBps instead of the usual 2.

Sober

I feel like I should add JaseC to my friends list so he can populate my "friends recently bought" on the main page.

Sober

This guy is a total douchebag.

Not getting a single penny.
I think Fish is mostly douchebag though I think he's being facetious there. But still, he has the tact of a snail so it's no wonder people take him literally and don't give him any leeway when he goes into dick mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom