• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I haven't played Fable in years, but it's a fairly, fun, simple and short game. I don't know how well it'll run on PC though, since i played it on the Xbox.

Yeah, Fable was the one game I had to play when a mate was called into work and I, without a car, had to entertain myself for around 10 hours. I dug through his collection of games and found Fable; next thing I know my mate walks through the door and I'm near the end of the game. I hadn't even heard of Fable until that day so my expectations weren't coloured by Molyneux's bevy of genre-defining promises, so needless to say I went in blind and had a lot of fun.

Fable: TLC > Fable 2 >>>>> Fable 3, as far as I'm concerned.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
You know you browse too much GAF when:

• #124: you catch a documentary about polar bears on TV, and the first thing that comes to your mind is HoosTrax's avatar.

image.php

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, Fable was the one game I had to play when a mate was called into work and I, without a car, had to entertain myself for around 10 hours. I dug through his collection of games and found Fable; next thing I know my mate walks through the door and I'm near the end of the game. I hadn't even heard of Fable until that day so my expectations weren't coloured by Molyneux's bevy of genre-defining promises, so needless to say I went in blind and had a lot of fun.

You know you're getting old when you start repeating your stories :p

I swear, the little guy on the TV had that exact same face.

JaseC

Sorry to ask, but, how do you limit download speed?

Thanks n_n

It's a setting in the new Steam client beta. You can opt in by clicking Steam -> Settings -> Account (which is the default tab) -> "Change..." button -> selecting Steam Beta Update. Once the update has been installed, you'll find the option in the Downloads tab of the Settings window:

steamdllimit9trdf.jpg

Unfortunately, you can't set a custom limit, but perhaps that will come later.

You know you're getting old when you start repeating your stories :p

I forgot to mention that I was wearing an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. :p

Has anyone in here played the original Fable (or Lost Chapters)? I'm considering picking it up while it's on sale, and it seems to be a solid if overhyped title from what I've read... But does it still hold up today?
Of the three Fable games, I think I liked the first one the best. It helped that I didn't listen to any of that Molyneux crap and so I didn't have any pre-conceived notions of his promises about what the game would be.

I just played it about as evil as I could and enjoyed my footsteps leaving smoking ruin wherever I walked.

JaseC

So if I buy it from Origin, I can activate it on Steam?

I'd assume you just get a key, same as you would from, say, GamersGate or GMG.

Edit: The last post in the thread seems to suggest that the game is tied to your Origin account, however launching it through Origin launches Steam, so regardless, you do get a key.

Exeunt

Of the three Fable games, I think I liked the first one the best. It helped that I didn't listen to any of that Molyneux crap and so I didn't have any pre-conceived notions of his promises about what the game would be.

I just played it about as evil as I could and enjoyed my footsteps leaving smoking ruin wherever I walked.

Yeah, I've heard of Molyneux's tendencies to overhype so I'm not expecting Fable to be a revolution—it was a game which I had a passive interest in and wanted to make sure it was worth the $2.50. Seems like a good few users enjoyed it, which is usually a good sign!

Blizzard

Banned
Has anyone in here played the original Fable (or Lost Chapters)? I'm considering picking it up while it's on sale, and it seems to be a solid if overhyped title from what I've read... But does it still hold up today?
The PC Fable: Lost Chapters is the only one I've ever played. I don't know if it holds up today, but I thought it was a reasonably cool game. I remember some areas as being atmospheric. I played late at night and I think other areas actually creeped me out at the time.

Oddly, I think the thing that bothered me the most was that the main character was out of proportion, like when they became buff, was weirdly out of proportion, like really wide chest but five feet tall. But maybe my laptop aspect ratio was messed up or something.

Blizzard

Banned
I've never understood why someone would want to do this. Is it in relation to data caps?
Potentially that, or wanting to leave bandwidth for playing a game, or wanting to lave bandwidth for family members to do something else on wifi, etc.

On another note, I just looked at the Remember Me page. Whoa, I don't think I had even heard of this before this thread. The setting looks awesome since I'm a sucker for cyberpunk, but on the other hand the trailer looks iffy for a day 1 $50 thing. Also, how does the combo lab pack preorder thing work? Is it paid DLC for combat moves, or are those moves never going to be available to people who didn't preorder? Either way, I don't like that. :|

On yet another note, Monaco is the first game I've seen in a long time that doesn't even give you the option for 16:10 aspect ratio with letterboxing. It just plain doesn't offer support. Now I understand some people are probably militant 16:9 supporters, but 16:10 is nice and closer to the golden ratio, and I think at least offering black lines would be reasonable for developers. :p *edit* Okay, this is even weirder. Even if I pick other resolutions windowed, it's locked at 1280x720. Why?!

Relax.MX

I've never understood why someone would want to do this. Is it in relation to data caps?

Family...and remember not all the countrys or people have fast internet, is just not accesible for all, here in Mexico for example, to me is great i have to much dutys with the family, house payments, etc. to invest more money in my hobby

Prodigal

Banned
Is there a way to see what games a particular friend on your list has bought recently? I know I can go to the activity feed but I'd like to filter it down to 1 person.

Exeunt

The PC Fable: Lost Chapters is the only one I've ever played. I don't know if it holds up today, but I thought it was a reasonably cool game. I remember some areas as being atmospheric. I played late at night and I think other areas actually creeped me out at the time.

Oddly, I think the thing that bothered me the most was that the main character was out of proportion, like when they became buff, was weirdly out of proportion, like really wide chest but five feet tall. But maybe my laptop aspect ratio was messed up or something.

I guess I'll find out! Strangely proportioned characters seem to be in a lot of games though. I bought Fable: The Lost Chapters tonight so hopefully I'll get my money's worth when I get around to playing it!

Milamber

Ugh, I'm still making my may through FO: New Vegas and this DA:Origins is tempting me to buy it.

Luckily, it's not available in my region so asking another GAFfer to help me is a good enough deterrent.

zkylon

zkylewd
Ugh, I'm still making my may through FO: New Vegas and this DA:Origins is tempting me to buy it.

Luckily, it's not available in my region so asking another GAFfer to help me is a good enough deterrent.
besides NV is too fucking good to quit now

Relax.MX

I guess I'll find out! Strangely proportioned characters seem to be in a lot of games though. I bought Fable: The Lost Chapters tonight so hopefully I'll get my money's worth when I get around to playing it!

Tip number 1 to have fun with Fable: Play it without expectations

MNC

You know guys, Hotline Miami is pretty fucking awesome. Finished the main story and am now doing the post credits game. Love the soundtrack and the game's 'meat boy' stuyle of gameplay.

I read somewhere it's another kind of Bioshock's would you kindly, with the phone calls? Never thought of it that way.

I should rewatch Drive.

dreamfall

Dark Souls is driving me towards insanity! But it is so good. Haven't played a game like this is a very long time !

Being Hollow with no clothes on is scary as all hell!

Milamber

So uh... I got stuck between 2 crates in FO: New Vegas and had to console tcl my way out of it.

Do I still get my achievements?

Nillansan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom