• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-E

Xcom Enemy Unknown Prepurchase just showed up in my library. I already have the game and bought it during the winter sale. Anyone else get this pop up just now.

Kassu

Banned
Xcom Enemy Unknown Prepurchase just showed up in my library. I already have the game and bought it during the winter sale. Anyone else get this pop up just now.
I have the same thing:

Does anyone know what is X-Com: Enemy Unknown Pre-Purchase? It appeared to my library after update. Might be happening since I'm in the Steam Beta, but still it's quite weird.

Edit: Apparently can't install it either

Not sure what it is though.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
You know guys, Hotline Miami is pretty fucking awesome. Finished the main story and am now doing the post credits game. Love the soundtrack and the game's 'meat boy' stuyle of gameplay.

I read somewhere it's another kind of Bioshock's would you kindly, with the phone calls? Never thought of it that way.

I should rewatch Drive.
Hotline makes Drive irrelevant.

vixlar

It's a setting in the new Steam client beta. You can opt in by clicking Steam -> Settings -> Account (which is the default tab) -> "Change..." button -> selecting Steam Beta Update. Once the update has been installed, you'll find the option in the Downloads tab of the Settings window:

Unfortunately, you can't set a custom limit, but perhaps that will come later.

I forgot to mention that I was wearing an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. :p

Thanks man. I will check it.

Dino D-Day will have a free weekend and is the weekend deal: http://store.steampowered.com/app/70000/?snr=1_7_15__13

Strange that they put up the weekend deal this early. I wonder if anything is planned for today? Maybe CS: GO will get updated and go free to play tonight.

Forge is also on free weekend duty as well. As for CS GO, I don't think it'll go free to play just yet (not enough hats, and all the microtransactions are primarily to support the custom map makers. It's a subsidy, if you will).

Is it just me or are Snipers completely OP in XCOM? Squadsight + In the Zone means multiple shots w/ just about 100% aim if I have a LOS on an enemy.

Need to field more Snipers...

Forge is also on free weekend duty as well. As for CS GO, I don't think it'll go free to play just yet (not enough hats, and all the microtransactions are primarily to support the custom map makers. It's a subsidy, if you will).

There won't be hats, but I would not be surprised if we see new skins and there were files within CS:GO I believe that showed a whole bunch of different skins that haven't been released yet. Maybe Valve will release those to start it off and open up the workshop tonight for skins and other stuff.

1-D_FTW

You know you're getting old when you start repeating your stories :p

I swear, the little guy on the TV had that exact same face.

Then we're a bunch of senile old fucks in the retirement home. Cause we're like a record that goes round and round;)

It's a setting in the new Steam client beta. You can opt in by clicking Steam -> Settings -> Account (which is the default tab) -> "Change..." button -> selecting Steam Beta Update. Once the update has been installed, you'll find the option in the Downloads tab of the Settings window:

steamdllimit9trdf.jpg

Unfortunately, you can't set a custom limit, but perhaps that will come later.

I forgot to mention that I was wearing an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. :p

I can live with that. Especially since Comcast upped the speeds of late. I can give it 20mps and still have a healthy amount left for other things.

Hmm. I can't imagine they'd add this if they weren't taking a cut. I wonder if this also includes a policy change to prohibit games with off-Steam subscription requirements?

For FtP games does the customer have to go through Steam to make purchases or can the dev require that said customer buys direct from the in game marketplace?

Then we're a bunch of senile old fucks in the retirement home. Cause we're like a record that goes round and round;)
There's that old joke about some regulars at a bar who told the same stories and jokes so many times they just assigned numbers to them.

#32 Hahahahaha... sigh.

nexen

I can imagine myself old and wrinkled. I'm rocking in a wooden chair in the corner of a brightly lit room that smells faintly of disinfectant. My eyes are glassy and my stare is fixed firmly into the opposite corner of the room. Day in and day out, year after year, I do nothing but rock slowly back and forth and whisper the phrase "wait for the daily deals."

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
For FtP games does the customer have to go through Steam to make purchases or can the dev require that said customer buys direct from the in game marketplace?
I think Valve requires F2P devs to offer Steam Wallet as a payment option in game for the Steam version of their games. They can still offer direct purchases as long as the wallet option is there as well.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Awwww yeah. Every Alan Wake main game achievement done except for the difficulty specific achievements.

The only other two achievements I'm worried about are the beat each DLC without dying once.

Awwww yeah. Every Alan Wake main game achievement done except for the difficulty specific achievements.

The only other two achievements I'm worried about are the beat each DLC without dying once.

I'm also on an Alan Wake vision quest. Just got all the mainline collectibles apart from the nightmare pages. For as much shite to pick up as there is in this game, it's not all that time consuming to get them all.

FloatOn

I installed American Nightmare yesterday. I'll probably replay the original Alan Wake + dlc on pc one day.

Sini

Is the Steam community ever going to work properly?
3/4 times it just shows "Error 503 Service Unavailable" And at other times it doesn't load completely.

Edit - Seems like store is broken as well.

FYC

Banned
Weekend deals: Brutal Legend at $9.99(-50%)

Defense Grid at $2.49(-75%)

Rockstar Games Weekend, 50-67% off entire Catalog. -75% on LA Noire today($7.50 for complete edition)

Daily Deal: Amnesia for $4.99(-75%)

FloatOn

I just noticed the pre-order rewards for Remember Me.

pre-purchase_banner.png

Includes 3 exclusive Pressen fighting moves

Flash Kick
Spinning Bird Kick
Dragon Punch

Street fighter moves in this game is a kind of awesome idea.

maty

The no dying achievements are not that difficult since you can play them on easy, so you only have to worry about the platforming sections. I'm not going to specify more since I don't want to spoil the DLC.

The only achievement that matters.
Sorry, but this is the one that matters :p

ibfYCtymyXxSyq.png

feel

Dino D-Day will have a free weekend and is the weekend deal: http://store.steampowered.com/app/70000/?snr=1_7_15__13

Strange that they put up the weekend deal this early. I wonder if anything is planned for today? Maybe CS: GO will get updated and go free to play tonight.
If it goes f2p, I really hope ranked matchmaking requires a premium csgo account of sorts, or the rampant creation of alt accounts will get annoying.

KingKong

LA Noire is insanely boring, imagine a very formulaic slow adventure game where you dont actually solve anything, just go through the motions (slowly walk to location, interact with 5 objects, have conversation with someone, repeat) coupled with a dull open world aspect

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
The only achievement that matters.
So grimy.

The no dying achievements are not that difficult since you can play them on easy, so you only have to worry about the platforming sections. I'm not going to specify more since I don't want to spoil the DLC.
Yeah, I beat the DLC on 360 too and I messed up quite a bit on the platforming because it's so easy to and I took one try at the achievement on PC and failed there lol.

I'm also on an Alan Wake vision quest. Just got all the mainline collectibles apart from the nightmare pages. For as much shite to pick up as there is in this game, it's not all that time consuming to get them all.
Yeah, since it was my second run of the game I just used a checklist to keep track.

FloatOn

LA Noire is insanely boring, imagine a very formulaic slow adventure game where you dont actually solve anything, just go through the motions (slowly walk to location, interact with 5 objects, have conversation with someone, repeat) coupled with a dull open world aspect

agreed. I uninstalled it after 2 hours.

It's such a good concept though. I'd love if there was some kind of fusion of LA Noire and Telltales Walking Dead one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom