• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
QVUsM0j.jpg

:O

https://twitter.com/bradshoemaker/status/327175367938936832

Based on Twitter he already tried that multiple times, fresh installs of Windows as well.

Only Valve can help at this point. This seems to be server side.

Similar happened to me: Games exist on the disk, I click install, it removes the game files and tries to re-install.
Valve isn't helpful on these issue. First reply was update your system and send us your config and the second one is delete clientregistry.blob if that doesn't work delete everything and retry. So I said thanks and learned to live with it.

We have an update for the beta today:

General
Fixed screenshots to work again in this client beta
Increased font size in chat to improve readability

Linux/OSX
Fixed performance regression in the UI when downloading game updates under OSX and Linux

Big Picture
Added activate product on Steam path to Big Picture
Fixed focus order of elements in Library Details view after Workshop
Fixed opacity mask flash on transition in and out of main menu
Implement native Steam Service install dialog on game launch if needed to avoid desktop dialog appearing
Windows: Avoid more context changes in rendering for small perf improvement on low end hardware

Another beta update

Just beat Transformers: War for Cybertron, and I liked it. Major issue I had with it was the huge difference in difficulty in the Decepticon and Autobot campaigns.
Fuck Trypticon.

I'll definitely get Fall of Cybertron during the next sale.

dot

Eh...i always liked the bigger font size like in the browser chat. They should have added the ability to toggle between the 2 sizes though.

Santiako

So my Mark of the Ninja save seems to have reset. Is this a know issue? Is there a way to fix it? I was really enjoying the game. :(

So my Mark of the Ninja save seems to have reset. Is this a know issue? Is there a way to fix it? I was really enjoying the game. :(

Same shit happened to a friend of mine a couple of days ago. One level from the end I believe and he was pretty devastated. I think he started fresh today.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So Remember Me is up for preorder (activates June 7th). The only thing you get for pre-ordering is a measly combo addon pack though :/

The setting and narrative premise are intriguing but I'm not sold on the game itself. Should have included a hat or DDE, Capycom.

Exeunt

Has anyone in here played the original Fable (or Lost Chapters)? I'm considering picking it up while it's on sale, and it seems to be a solid if overhyped title from what I've read... But does it still hold up today?

Santiako

Has anyone in here played the original Fable (or Lost Chapters)? I'm considering picking it up while it's on sale, and it seems to be a solid if overhyped title from what I've read... But does it still hold up today?

I replayed it a couple of years ago and I still love it. It's pretty short (around 10-15h), but it's great.

Exeunt

I replayed it a couple of years ago and I still love it. It's pretty short (around 10-15h), but it's great.

I'm fine with a title being short if it's only $2.50! Not that I want to throw money away, of course, but that seems to be the lowest that Fable goes for on Steam anyhow. Is there anything else really negative about the title outside the context of the initial release hype, or is it more the later entries and such that have soured people on the series?

I'm fine with a title being short if it's only $2.50! Not that I want to throw money away, of course, but that seems to be the lowest that Fable goes for on Steam anyhow. Is there anything else really negative about the title outside the context of the initial release hype, or is it more the later entries and such that have soured people on the series?

I haven't played Fable in years, but it's a fairly, fun, simple and short game. I don't know how well it'll run on PC though, since i played it on the Xbox.

Santiako

It's just a smaller scale game that what Moly promised so the prerelease hype and Fable 3 soured a lot of people, but Fable 1 it's still a very fun and quirky arpg.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences

Yep, that's it. TLC is still the best in my opinion. Haven't played the third but I don't think that would change anything from what I've (almost unanimously) heard. The second was still fun enough for me to complete + DLC on 360, but it wasn't as charming as the first. Definitely worth $2.50.

Exeunt

I haven't played Fable in years, but it's a fairly, fun, simple and short game. I don't know how well it'll run on PC though, since i played it on the Xbox.

It's just a smaller scale game that what Moly promised so the prerelease hype and Fable 3 soured a lot of people, but Fable 1 it's still a very fun and quirky arpg.

Yep, that's it. TLC is still the best in my opinion. Haven't played the third but I don't think that would change anything from what I've (almost unanimously) heard. The second was still fun enough for me to complete + DLC on 360, but it wasn't as charming as the first. Definitely worth $2.50.

Thanks, guys! I did a bit of Googling, and the PC port seems to be okay as far as they go. I think I'll likely pick this one up and stay clear of the later instalments.

I enjoyed it better than Fable 3

From the little I've read, I think most people did!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
You know you browse too much GAF when:

• #124: you catch a documentary about polar bears on TV, and the first thing that comes to your mind is HoosTrax's avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom