• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosTrax

LA Noire is insanely boring, imagine a very formulaic slow adventure game where you dont actually solve anything, just go through the motions (slowly walk to location, interact with 5 objects, have conversation with someone, repeat) coupled with a dull open world aspect
I enjoyed it for its in-depth look at an interesting time period (put about 40 hours into it). It has a lot of gameplay elements that didn't work so well, but I tolerated the jank because other than Mafia I/II, there aren't that many games like this.

Is the Steam community ever going to work properly?
3/4 times it just shows "Error 503 Service Unavailable" And at other times it doesn't load completely.

Edit - Seems like store is broken as well.

I'm having problems all the time too. I got an "Error:0" pop up window several times, the 503 pops up way too frequently, pretty much every time they do an update or something.

They should really redesign the store front a bit... Although I have no idea how.

maty

Yeah, I beat the DLC on 360 too and I messed up quite a bit on the platforming because it's so easy to and I took one try at the achievement on PC and failed there lol.

I know what you mean, I had to restart two or three times the whole episode because I missed one jump. *sigh*

On another subject, I have a 75% off coupon for Forge which stacks with the current sale, so you can buy a 4-pack for $3.75.

If anyone is interested let me know.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I am very drunk right now so if somebody in North America could tell me the total product of the Max Payne 3 DLC that would be great.

Nillansan

I'm buying Bully if it gets a -75% sale.

You are in for a treat. It is totally my favourite R* game. It had a shaky launch on PC but they have patched it since. It ran flawlessly on my then modest machine once patched. If I recall correctly, a GAF member put a 60 FPS unlock guide together as well.

zkylon

zkylewd
I am very drunk right now so if somebody in North America could tell me the total product of the Max Payne 3 DLC that would be great.
$18.65 USD for all the DLC separately
$11.49 USD for the season pass (all the DLC bundled)

also lolol drunk saorise

edit: actually I'm south america and I just remembered MP3 was cheaper here so maybe don't take my word for it.

HoosTrax

Let us know when you've sobered up enough to explain what "total product" means. (Are you asking total price? Or what all of the DLC is)

I just noticed the pre-order rewards for Remember Me.

pre-purchase_banner.png

Includes 3 exclusive Pressen fighting moves

Flash Kick
Spinning Bird Kick
Dragon Punch

Street fighter moves in this game is a kind of awesome idea.

Yup. Sold me so I already bought it. I want to believe.

JaseC

Upon closer inspection, the only DLC I'm missing are the pieces which the Season Pass cover, so if somebody wouldn't mind helping me avoid the Aussie Tax, that would be great.

Edit: Never mind!

Blizzard

Banned
I just noticed the pre-order rewards for Remember Me.

pre-purchase_banner.png

Includes 3 exclusive Pressen fighting moves

Flash Kick
Spinning Bird Kick
Dragon Punch

Street fighter moves in this game is a kind of awesome idea.
I asked about this earlier but didn't see any replies. Does this mean that if you don't prepurchase it, you can never use those moves? Or are they going to be paid DLC? Either way, paid DLC for fighting moves rubs me the wrong way, though I do rather like the universe/style. It makes me think of some mix between Blade Runner and Mirror's Edge.

JaseC

I'm guessing the reason Defense Grid is having a weekend sale (awesome game BTW) is to celebrate the fact that Defense Grid 2 has been greenlit by a private investor and is in production.

The fact that DG2 proper was such a far-fetched goal was disgusting.

"Hey, guys, remember us? We sold a bunch of copies during the Portal 2 ARG and also spent years supporting the evergreen Counter-Strike franchise! But we need $1,000,000 to realise our true vision!" Ugh. Spare me.

Come on Valve, how come the Rockstar sale is so underwhelming... The GTA games were way cheaper on GMG a week ago if I remember correctly, and they were Steam keys.

I asked about this earlier but didn't see any replies. Does this mean that if you don't prepurchase it, you can never use those moves? Or are they going to be paid DLC? Either way, paid DLC for fighting moves rubs me the wrong way, though I do rather like the universe/style. It makes me think of some mix between Blade Runner and Mirror's Edge.

Given the almost complete lack of generalities known for this game, you'd think anyone would actually know any details?

This is like a ghost launch.

Blizzard

Banned
Given the almost complete lack of generalities known for this game, you'd think anyone would actually know any details?

This is like a ghost launch.
I guess you're right. I don't think I had heard of it at all until I saw someone mention the title in the Steam thread yesterday, and then I checked the store and was all huh, $50 ambitious Capcom release?

Joe Molotov

Played a bit of 39 Steps. It's not an adventure game as such, it's actually a visual novel of the classic book. Also it's control scheme is clearly designed for a touch screen, but that's not really a big deal since there's not very much to interact with, besides bizarrely having to waggle your cursor around to open doors. The graphics are okay, the voice acting is tolerable. It's kinda neat, not really $12 neat though.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Is it wrong if I try to take advantage of you and ask you to gift me all the games? :p

Poor Saoirse, she's too young to be drinking.

I prefer using ES over using the client now. Its so awesome.

Wow, I may have to try this. It's part of what I would like to see in an official update. The client could certainly use a good overhaul.

I've been really out of the loop since I got my new job so what's up with all the Rockstar talk? Is there a sale going on? Please help a clueless person find the right way. Thanks in advance!

Wow, I may have to try this. It's part of what I would like to see in an official update. The client could certainly use a good overhaul.

I've been really out of the loop since I got my new job so what's up with all the Rockstar talk? Is there a sale going on? Please help a clueless person find the right way. Thanks in advance!

Valve should take a note out of Enhanced Steams book and highlight what you own. SO SO much better for browsing.

There is a Rockstar sale going on right now until Sunday I think. Today La Noire is super cheap.

sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom