• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Bothering you again for the new page: Anyone feeling like listening to me for a game recommendation? I've been shouting about this game when it releases and it just got an Indiegamestand Deal for $0,25+. Paying $1+ gives you Steam/Desura/GoG keys once they become available:

Sentinel
a4F3GKX.png
5AGuiyI.png
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=596791

From the OT:
Its a tower defense game with the tried and true formula of you defending your base against incoming creeps with your towers. However, this game differentiates itself from other Tower Defense game in 2 regards. First of all, just building towers wont get you anywhere. The game is HARD. Your towers have energy levels that affect the performance of these towers and you will need to adjust these energy levels accordingly to allow for the best possible level progress. It has some undeniable puzzle elements in that regard. The level design is also rather refreshing since it sometimes cleverly uses genre tropes against the player. E.g. Most powerful tower is always the best one to use? Wrong.

Also it features a mindboggingly good electronic/housey soundtrack. This is one of the few games I just booted up to listen to its soundtrack while playing a bit and currently $1,50 also gives you the soundtrack on top.

Best thing to help that game during the deal would be to bump the above thread a bit during the time the deal runs? Anyone interested? Anyone curious? Anyone picking it up? Please also post that over here and bump the thread since its a really unknown game that deserves and needs some pushing: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=596791

There you go.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Space Pirates and Zombies -- MB-D63978859853335F - Taken by The_Monk

XShagrath

Just woke up, gonna throw this out there again. Hopefully I'm not annoying people too much. Drawing will be over around 1pm EST. Also, is this gonna fuck up ModBot trying to find all these posts and cross them off? If so, I can manually go in and there and edit them a little later today.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bioshock Infinite -- MB-8E5A485575B98128 - Taken by PriitV

Acccent

Huh I wanted to gift a copy of Sentinel but the IndieGameStand website works weirdly, it automatically created another account and tied the game to that :/

Just woke up, gonna throw this out there again. Hopefully I'm not annoying people too much. Drawing will be over around 1pm EST. Also, is this gonna fuck up ModBot trying to find all these posts and cross them off? If so, I can manually go in and there and edit them a little later today.

Great giveaway. Would of loved to win. Thanks for the chance.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Huh I wanted to gift a copy of Sentinel but the IndieGameStand website works weirdly, it automatically created another account and tied the game to that :/

Yeah, because the player you will gift the game to needs a "game wallet", since they will update the key offerings once they become available. For example, Sentinel currently doesnt have a Steam key and if they wouldnt give him an account page, he wouldnt be able to access the "wallet" once they update the wallet with the steam key.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is this old news? It's from the Korean rating board. The description of "XCOM: Enemy Within" says it is a TPS style action video game.

Enemy Within is new, but an "XCOM EW" has been in the registry, albeit in a private/encrypted state, for quite a while now. At the time I figured it'd be the upcoming expansion pack, but clearly that's not the case if the description is accurate.

Acccent

Yeah, because the player you will gift the game to needs a "game wallet", since they will update the key offerings once they become available. For example, Sentinel currently doesnt have a Steam key and if they wouldnt give him an account page, he wouldnt be able to access the "wallet" once they update the wallet with the steam key.

They could just have sent a link or a key (to add it to an IGS wallet) instead of creating an account without asking first, that's always a bad thing to do. I've contacted support, I should probably be able to send it but it'll have to wait :)

Tizoc

August 1st. Not sure about packs.

Oh so tomorrow sweet. Would love if there were packs so I could at least make a give away @_@

Followed the steps in the quote in your post, let's see if I did it right enough to win XP

The_Monk

Morning y'all fellow GAFfer, was away all day yesterday.

JaseC regarding the Oblivion DLC question I was talking the other day, I just checked the DLC section on the game and it says "Oblivion game of the year DLC" so I believe I do not have the Deluxe Version which is a shame and it's strange since the Steam Store says I have it.

Oh well.

---

Fellow GAFfer Cyberquake Obrigado!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
JaseC regarding the Oblivion DLC question I was talking the other day, I just checked the DLC section on the game and it says "Oblivion game of the year DLC" so I believe I do not have the Deluxe Version which is a shame and it's strange since the Steam Store says I have it.

That means you do have the Deluxe version; the regular GOTY version doesn't have the Game of the Year DLC (which needs to be renamed to "Game of the Year Deluxe DLC" to minimise confusion).

The_Monk

That means you do have the Deluxe version; the regular GOTY version doesn't have the Game of the Year DLC (which needs to be renamed to "Game of the Year Deluxe DLC" to minimise confusion).

Oh really? I had no idea, if that's the case I'm much more happy now, thank you for helping, good sir. This is good news since I never even heard about the contents in the Deluxe version considering the first time I played was the version without any DLC.

Toma

Arthea

I guess it's kinda bad that I'm more interesting getting over 200 games than actually playing most them.

until recently I was sure people don't play games they buy on steam, but then JaseC and Xelios, for most part, went and ruined my image of universe by actually playing those hundreds of games, go figure.
OTOH I still can't fathom how people have time for so many games.

I am gifting 10 copies of the Sentinel deal (without the OST). 3 requirements:

Very generous of you.

If I loved the geodefense games on ios am I on the right track? Your description says no but the art-style and difficulty suggests maybe. Turns out I've already voted for it on greenlight so I probably should buy it ;)

I am gifting 10 copies of the Sentinel deal (without the OST).

Amazing giveaways, thank you very much sires.

Toma

Should I buy the game toma recommends?

I normally don't like tower defense games.

Then dont, because its a really hard tower defense game. :p

Or buy it because $1,50 gives you an amazing soundtrack (if you like the genre) and its more of a really tough puzzle game than usual TD.

kami_sama

Then dont, because its a really hard tower defense game. :p

Or buy it because $1,50 gives you an amazing soundtrack (if you like the genre) and its more of a really tough puzzle game than usual TD.
If the soundtrack is good as you say, I'm going to buy it :p

Toma

If the soundtrack is good as you say, I'm going to buy it :p

The demo I linked above, has the first two levels of the game in which you can also check out the soundtrack for these levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom