• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acccent

ModBot said:
I am giving away an IndieGameStand key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sentinel -- MB-2DFA5B85696F40EA - Taken by Kifimbo

Hope this works, it's not a Steam link... PM me if it doesn't.

Unrelatedly, I just beat
Capra Demon
in Dark Souls. On my second try. Feels good. (Having a powerful sword with good range that doesn't eat up all my stamina is a huge help)

Kifimbo

Unrelatedly, I just beat
Capra Demon
in Dark Souls. On my second try. Feels good. (Having a powerful sword with good range that doesn't eat up all my stamina is a huge help)

It worked, thanks !

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

Unrelatedly, I just beat
Capra Demon

How did you give away/get the key without the email address?

Acccent

How did you give away/get the key without the email address?

Support sent me a new link after I told them what I'd done, and I just sent that to ModBot. I think the way you're supposed to do it is buy it several times for yourself, the site detects that you already have it and sends you the email with a similar link (that you can then register with ModBot.)

wilflare

CLOSED with Dunder Store, who needs 4Packs indeed :p

anyone want to get on a Mercenary Kings 4pack?
I'm trying to get another copy for a friend
It'll be $11.25 each

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I have no idea what Starseed Pilgrim is supposed to be. I mean, I kinda get what I have to do, but it's still strange. I've got a feeling it's a pretentious indie game, cryptic on purpose to appear smart and interesting. That notion is helped by the reviews and posts in the Steam forum that basically say "We can't tell you what this game is about, you have to find out for yourself." Not sure if I like it, I think I don't, but with less than 20 minutes played I can't really tell.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I have no idea what Starseed Pilgrim is supposed to be. I mean, I kinda get what I have to do, but it's still strange. I've got a feeling it's a pretentious indie game, cryptic on purpose to appear smart and interesting. That notion is helped by the reviews and posts in the Steam forum that basically say "We can't tell you what this game is about, you have to find out for yourself." Not sure if I like it, I think I don't, but with less than 20 minutes played I can't really tell.

Everyone thinks that at first. The first part of the game is really about that confusion and discovering the game mechanics. It usually takes 60-90 minutes until it clicks for people. Just watch the reactions in the game to what you are doing closely and you'll eventually get behind it. I really liked the way the game made me explore its mechanics instead of a game world, and it reminded me of the sensations of exploring games back when I wasnt someone who already played what feels like every game concept that ever existed. I guess it just just confuses people because they arent used to exploring mechanics anymore without being guided, which is also why I think its such a terrific little game as it does a remarkably good job at pointing that out. Once you get over that initial phase, it becomes a very challenging, even a bit traditional puzzle game, but I stopped playing then. The highlight was the beginning.

I recommend letting it rest for now and setting aside one hour eventually to just playing around with it when you are in a relaxed and unhurried mood.

Acccent

As soon as you try something that's a little out of the ordinary you're bound to be seen as 'pretentious' by some. I really don't think it is fundamentally though; it's just that a huge part of the experience is finding out stuff for yourself.

Basically it's a game that tries to push the concept of "discovering and understanding the game's mechanics" to its fullest, so you do have to think about what you do and what the consequences are and you'll start to notice the patterns and understand the game's system. And it's not's just an 'experiment', under all that occultism lies a game that you can truly master and is fairly challenging, with elements of puzzle and platforming. Just throw out your expectations of what a game ought to tell you and start thinking! :)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Just woke up, gonna throw this out there again. Hopefully I'm not annoying people too much. Drawing will be over around 1pm EST. Also, is this gonna fuck up ModBot trying to find all these posts and cross them off? If so, I can manually go in and there and edit them a little later today.

It won't screw it up, but it is only going to edit one of them. For a 24 hour giveaway it's going to go back around a day of posts and start searching. Hopefully it finds the initial post. :p

fantomena

Hey there,

As a heads up, DrinkBox Studios is bringing platform-brawler Guacamelee! to Steam as a special Guacamelee! Gold Edition on August 8th for $14.99, £11.99 and €13.99. To celebrate the Steam launch, Guacamelee! will be 10 percent off for the first week of release.

Features for the Guacamelee! Gold Edition Include:

· Full Game along with the first two DLC packs – Costume pack and “The Devil’s Playground” challenge level

· Steam trading cards

· Steamworks integration with Achievements, Leaderboards, Cloud Save, and Big Picture Mode

· Fully remappable keyboard controls

· Create new custom costumes and share these with others via Steam Workshop

As an added bonus, for the first week, purchasers of Guacamelee! Gold will also receive a free code for the critically acclaimed Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack on Steam.
Drinkbox press release

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
:D

Awesome stuff.

I noticed that Mark of the Ninja has new achivements but there's no way I can get them, does anyone know about this?

Yep, eight new achievements:

hav3lhB.png

They're for the Special Edition DLC.

XShagrath

It won't screw it up, but it is only going to edit one of them. For a 24 hour giveaway it's going to go back around a day of posts and start searching. Hopefully it finds the initial post. :p
Okay. Sounds good. I'll go back and manually update the rest of them when I get home from work (around 2pm or so). Again, I'm not trying to spam up the thread, but I know how fast it moves and didn't want a really cool giveaway to get lost in the shuffle.

Gbraga

Can't wait to get home from work to stare at my steam library for a few hours and not play anything.

EDIT: Holy shit Dunder's price on Lords of Shadow is pretty damn good. I need to check his store more often to see if he has more copies.

Ffffffff, one day. This map gets the OCD spinning, I'm always wandering off to 100% random locations. Lol.

i think i've played for 12 hours and have about 10% of the story done. Always get ADHD and bust up random places. Such an awesome time waste of a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom