• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
The difficulty spike that happens on floor 5 in Sequence is rewarding when you overcome it. Forced me to revaluate and focus on synthesizing certain equipment and scrolls. I'm hoping I can beat it today (playing on medium).

Smiles Davis

Neo Member
I think this is the moment that I no longer feel obligated to get all the card drops, even if it means I'll never see another booster pack. If all the bundle fodder is going to start getting drops, it'll be a Sisyphean task to keep up.

cammy84

I can't believe I don't have any of those games that have gotten Steam Cards. Oh well got a lot of games to keep myself occupied with

Milchmann

I weep for humanity.

evergpl5b.png

didamangi

Have you played Giana Sister? If so, can I ask for your impressions?

Just a few levels and I like what I'm playing so far, if you're looking for a pure platform game this is a great buy.

Xelios has a good write up on it.
a4d9b9z.jpg

edit: Also like to point out that they now have released a patch that includes an easier difficulty for the more casual gamers.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I think this is the moment that I no longer feel obligated to get all the card drops, even if it means I'll never see another booster pack. If all the bundle fodder is going to start getting drops, it'll be a Sisyphean task to keep up.

Yeah, I got to that point when the Summer Sale started. It became a massive chore and the value dropped a ton, so it just wasn't worth it for me anymore.

- launch 4 games
- watch deadwood

this is gonna be my life now

Does idling multiple games work? I thought they made it so it didn't?

Firehead

Yeah, I got to that point when the Summer Sale started. It became a massive chore and the value dropped a ton, so it just wasn't worth it for me anymore.

As long as they're not windowed mode or something, it'll work.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Wow how about adding cards for some good games next time.
Are you implying Eversion isn't a good game? And I loved the Fly'n demo, though I haven't started the full game yet. Beat Hazard is a fun game (at least on my phone), DLC Quest is a nice little thing, Retro/Grade is extremely cool, and Noitu Love 2 is another fun title.

Just a few levels and I like what I'm playing so far, if you're looking for a pure platform game this is a great buy.

Xelios has a good write up on it.
a4d9b9z.jpg

edit: Also like to point out that they now have released a patch that includes an easier difficulty for the more casual gamers.

Sold. Thanks so much. I was keen during the Summer sale but wanted impressions first. Lucky for me, it's cheaper now than it was during the sale period.

cammy84

It worked for me a couple of days ago. Idling Bastion,Super Scribblenauts and Terraria while I watched the end of the Tour De France. I ended up with a drop in each game

Grief.exe

Holy shit, new cards for 32 games?

Another Steam Summer Sale has come to a close, and we couldn't be happier with the response it's gotten. Judging from the traffic they generated and the emails we've gotten, it sounds like a lot of you had a blast collecting, swapping and crafting the Trading Cards we added to this year's sale. With the sale over, we’ll now be adding to the roster of participating Trading Card games as they’re ready—starting with a big batch today:

BIT.TRIP RUNNER
Anna
Beat Hazard
Call of Juarez Gunslinger
Cherry Tree High Comedy Club
DLC Quest
Dark Fall: Lost Souls
Day of Defeat: Source
Defend Grid: The Awakening
Divinity: Dragon Commander
Ether Vapor Remaster
Eversion
Expeditions: Conquistador
FLY’N
Fortix
Fortix 2
King’s Bounty: Warriors of the North
Krater
Magical Diary
Mount & Blade
Noitu Love 2 Devolution
Nuclear Dawn
POSTAL 2 Complete
Retro/Grade
Retrovirus
Retro City Rampage
Rush Bros
Secret of the Magic Crystal
Skyward Collapse
Sol Survivor
Soldier Front 2
Space Pirates and Zombies

Swimming in cards.

I only have two of those games, SPAZ and Runner

Firehead

I remember reading an interview where they said they increased the amount of time you needed to get cards if they saw you were idling in multiple games.

Aw, really? I suppose that does make sense. Goes along with their anti-idling TF2 thing as well. Oh well.

Phreaker

Just counted what I bought. 11 great games for the price of one new one ($65). I have to get back to playing, lol. Great sale for me, thanks Steam.

Check this morning and I have six more games with cards! Where were you yesterday steam? I could have gotten in on the Skyrim summer sale card bubble!

I'm sure these new cards will be worth cents at most.

Turfster

Everyone picked a sweet spot and stuck to it for my first beat hazard card.... until a dude with the nick "The Killjoy" undercut by 50%. Yes... yes, you are.

Edit: and of course, now the waterfall has started. Sigh.
I was this close to selling my card for the price we seemingly all had agreed on too, the 3 dudes before me had all sold theirs...

Ezra2680

Anyone know of some others games similar to Dark Messiah of Might and Magic? Not necessarily the setting, but more the combat.

Prophane33

So I check my Badge page just now (and the thread) and realize I have 6 more games to idle for cards. Just when I'm out...THEY PULL ME BACK IN! I also love the fact that one of those games is Secret of the Magic Crystal.

XShagrath

Why am I installing a game just for the cards? There's something wrong with me!

At least it's a way to test my new connection upgrade.. 8.0MB/s!

FloatOn

Holy fuck guys.... I just played some Blade Symphony.

For an early access game this has some incredible potential. I'm having serious Bushido Blade flashbacks.

This would probably also appeal to you if you enjoyed Dark Souls pvp.

It's that good.

I'm probably going to make a thread soon. I'm in love.

Tellaerin

So I check my Badge page just now (and the thread) and realize I have 6 more games to idle for cards. Just when I'm out...THEY PULL ME BACK IN! I also love the fact that one of those games is Secret of the Magic Crystal.

I won that as a "Mystery Game" yesterday. At the time, I was just happy it wasn't Bad Rats! Then suddenly... CARDS EVERYWHERE~

Sothpaw

Assassins Creed: Director's Cut
Assassins Creed 2
Assassins Creed Brotherhood
Assassins Creed Revelations
Assassins Creed III
Company of Heroes
Company of Heroes Opposing Fronts
Company of Heroes Tales of Valor
Counter Strike: Global Offensive
Dishonored
Doom 3: BFG Edition
Duke Nukem 3d: Megaton Edition
Far Cry 3
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
FTL: Faster Than Light
Gunpoint
Hotline Miami
Metro 2033
Metro: Last Light
RAGE
Torchlight 2

Total: $162

PC gaming man.

Card Boy

Banned
can we get Nuuvem in the list of trusted sites in the OP? It appears most people still think it's untrustworthy just like when Getgamesgo and GMG where starting out. They are an authorized seller.

Prophane33

I won that as a "Mystery Game" yesterday. At the time, I was just happy it wasn't Bad Rats! Then suddenly... CARDS EVERYWHERE~

I won it as a grand prize in a 4 are Bad Rats 1 is Secret of the Magic Crystals giveaway. It was like winning a kick in the balls instead of a punch in the balls.

What the hell do I do? Play my games or idle for all these cards for games I own?

Exactly my problem. I've been playing Arkham Asylum all day. Everyone I know has had no luck with card drops when idling multiple games, so I don't want to do that. I want to idle...but I want to go back to my game...guess I'll idle and watch some anime for the rest of the day...

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Ok absolutely no way I'll beat Sequence today, these motherfuckers hit hard. :lol I'll take it slow for now and play some Walking Dead instead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom