• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTKT

I tried to idle in 9 games at the same time and it didn't get any cards. I think it breaks when you launch more than 3-4 games.

Thanks for the heads up. Runner cards shall hopefully make up for my poor decision buying that game. Really didn't care for it even with a pad.

What's with the price graph of this item?

I assume it's a bug as Killing floor also has a card called "stalker" and Mark of the Ninja has a background with the same name. There was the same issue with Bio inf and CIV5 both having elizabeth cards, it screws with the tracking history and search.

Razorskin

----- ------
Only 2 games got cards today in my library

nbVsuOf.jpg

Card Boy

Banned
Tomb Raider (reboot) is becoming one my of favorite games of the generation. It fixes alot of what Uncharted fails at; it has backtracking, more open levels, platforming isn't fully on autopilot, shooting is more satisfying, enemies are not bullet sponges, has zelda/castlevania lite features (meaning you need certain items to progress to other areas), crafting, can get survival skills and the story seems more personal.

I'm very happy with the direction the reboot is going in, it just needs to get rid of QTEs like Uncharted though for Tomb Raider '2'.

Smiles Davis

Neo Member
Oh, wow. They probably shouldn't have used the same name. :|

I ran into a similar weirdness because of two cards named Zombie. One Organ Trail and the other Dead Island.

Because emotes all need to be uniquely named, it would be beneficial to get in early and claim a common word. A year or two from now, you'll have to go a long way to find a unique name for a smiley face.

maneil99

Tomb Raider (reboot) is becoming one my of favorite games of the generation. It fixes alot of what Uncharted fails at; it has backtracking, more open levels, platforming isn't fully on autopilot, shooting is more satisfying, enemies are not bullet sponges, has zelda/castlevania lite features (meaning you need certain items to progress to other areas), crafting, can get survival skills and the story seems more personal.

I'm very happy with the direction the reboot is going in, it just needs to get rid of QTEs like Uncharted though for Tomb Raider '2'.

there wont be a Tomb Raider 2, it sold under expectations

Firehead

I ran into a similar weirdness because of two cards named Zombie. One Organ Trail and the other Dead Island.

Because emotes all need to be uniquely named, it would be beneficial to get in early and claim a common word. A year or two from now, you'll have to go a long way to find a unique name for a smiley face.

Yeah... I can see that getting a bit.. absurd in the long run. Maybe they'll figure out something to make it not... stupid?

How far through it are you? Those impressions are pretty typical of the first two or three hours.

Turfster

I assume it's a bug as Killing floor also has a card called "stalker" and Mark of the Ninja has a background with the same name. There was the same issue with Bio inf and CIV5 both having elizabeth cards, it screws with the tracking history and search.

Guess what?
Beat Hazard also just added a Stalker card.
The graph when you sell it goes back to last week... and the results are mixed with the MotN background. Great.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
there wont be a Tomb Raider 2, it sold under expectations
wait really? I thought I just read something the other day about how the planned to make a sequel, I'm prolly just cornfused.
Tomb Raider comic coming - leads up to sequel

Gail Simone: Very much so, we start just a few weeks after the end of the game, and this is all in continuity, it will be Tomb Raider canon, and lead DIRECTLY into the sequel. This is what got me excited; we get to be part of Lara Croft history.

Nabs

You know something is very wrong (or very right) when I agree with Gez.

After the 'rescue' plane goes down.

Yeah figured as much. When you get to the end report back in and we'll see if you are still so positive.

I think it is a very front loaded game. By the end it is doing everything that Uncharted 2 does wrong, only without the story and enjoyable characters to keep it going.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I just wish Tomb Raider didn't have multiplayer achievements. :( Hopefully they ditch the mode in the sequel.

louiedog

I just wish Tomb Raider didn't have multiplayer achievements. :( Hopefully they ditch the mode in the sequel.

I finished the single player last night and played one multiplayer match. That was more than enough for me. I was more than satisfied with my purchase for the single player alone.

JakeD

just realized ctrl-F works on the badges page...helps a bit, but i still think it needs a low profile "list" mode now.

HoosTrax

10 games in my library just got cards...

I mean, this has to stop eventually right? Eventually it'll get to the point where there won't be any games left in my library that don't have cards :|

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

I mean, this has to stop eventually right? Eventually it'll get to the point where there won't be any games left in my library that don't have cards :|

Sure. It'll probably happen just around the Winter sale, in time for you to get a bunch of new games.

Grief.exe

Judging by these achievements, it seems that about 5% of people that own Tomb Raider have even played multiplayer for any length of time.

Some of these achievements seem very easy. Revive a teammate, survive 10 explosions, kill a zip-lining player, all of these have less than 5% earned.

vermadas

Yeah, I was scrolling through my list today and my eyes just about bulged out of my head.

Anyone else think the card market will start to rebound now that the sale is behind us? I mean, not to the point of the card prices we were seeing in beta but at least an upward trend.

Turfster

Judging by these achievements, it seems that about 5% of people that own Tomb Raider have even played multiplayer for any length of time.

Some of these achievements seem very easy. Revive a teammate, survive 10 explosions, kill a zip-lining player, all of these have less than 5% earned.

Tomb Raider multiplayer was a perfect example of "I never asked for this"

oipic

Scrolling, scrolling...and scrolling some more. Man, the badges page needs some work, and needs to be refined somehow, this card explosion has hit it hard. Can't imagine how it'll be in, say, 12 months time, at this rate.

Razorskin

----- ------
Already have on GOG so here it is.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Fallout Collection -- MB-CD5E6665A60CA346 - Taken by drizzle

Anustart

How is it possible that binding of Isaac is so good? Got this game a week ago and I'm hooked.

And ill say that the boss in the cathedral had a lot of HP! Only got to him once so far and managed to kill him. The upgrade gods were smiling upon me, and also had a full HP pill so that helped.

Question, how do I get the Polaroid?

Anybody want 10% off coupons for Toki Tori 2? Apparently I got two of them but I already own the game, but they're apparently tradeable.

If you do PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom