• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
does quake 1 need to be messed with in order to get running correctly on modern machines
Nah, there are Sourceports you can use if you really want NEXTGEN™ graphics but I had no problems launching WinQuake and GLQuake on W7.

You won't get any music in the Steam version though, so you'll still need the CD in or mount an image to get tunes in-game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Only things I'm missing from the Quakecon sale is Dark Corners of the Earth and two Dishonored DLCs.

So has bad rats always been listed as $99.99 on the store?

8qyT8Bz.png

But it's on sale for only 39.99 now! Go for it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
A Virus Named Tom is on sale for 75% off. Not a daily or weekend sale.

It's to celebrate the game being out for a year.

EDIT: Gah! Beaten!

Grief.exe

header_292x136.jpg

Skullgirls pre-purchase just added to the registry and Steam Store

$45 4-pack

EDIT: They just updated with $14.99 for one copy, $25 for two as well.

Nah, there are Sourceports you can use if you really want NEXTGEN™ graphics but I had no problems launching WinQuake and GLQuake on W7.

You won't get any music in the Steam version though, so you'll still need the CD in or mount an image to get tunes in-game.

Strange doesn't the steam version come with dosbox?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
At this pace, nobody will ever buy these leftover Steam keys for ID/Bethesda games I have laying around.

But that's mostly because I don't advertise them.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Only things I'm missing from the Quakecon sale is Dark Corners of the Earth and two Dishonored DLCs.

It'd be nice of the final day were a non-id back catalogue sale, but that hasn't happened the past couple of years. Dishonored will definitely be a Daily, though.

An-Det

Doom 3 BFG for 50 cents sounds good to me (thank you steam credit from random card sales). It probably wont happen this sale, but 50% off Skyrim Legendary Edition would be a buy for me. Here's hoping.

jshackles

Me: "75% off id games? Don't mind if I do!"

Enhanced Steam: "You already own all of those games, idiot."

Speaking of which, I just sent an update to Google (4.0.1) that will correctly identify and highlight everything on this page.

JaseC

Doom 3 BFG for 50 cents sounds good to me (thank you steam credit from random card sales). It probably wont happen this sale, but 50% off Skyrim Legendary Edition would be a buy for me. Here's hoping.

The QuakeCon Sale is, these days, essentially a Bethesda publisher sale: today gets id's titles out of the way, freeing up the next three for Dishonored, Elder Scrolls and Fallout.

I should probably get a Quake game now that I have my new 144 Hz monitor. Which one should I get? Which one is still played the most online?

What happened to Skullgirls' TF2 hat?
The original Leviathan hat used to promote their IGG campaign wasn't accepted by Valve at the time they advertised it (oops) so they took it down as a tier reward. In a bizarre turn of events they were later told they could get some promo items in if enough people voted for them in the Workshop, at which they were some of the most popular items in the Workshop.

Since then, nothing's really been said about it.

JaseC

The original Leviathan hat used to promote their IGG campaign wasn't accepted by Valve at the time they advertised it (oops) so they took it down as a tier reward. In a bizarre turn of events they were later told they could get some promo items in if enough people voted for them in the Workshop, at which they were some of the most popular items in the Workshop.

Since then, nothing's really been said about it.

Pity. A hat would be just the push I need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom