• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/243780/

header.jpg

I hope that's a price mistake.

I don't think it is. PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe is $18.45 on PSN AU, which I'm assuming is $15 + Aussie Tax. A $5 price hike for the "ultimate" release sounds about right.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
And in celebration of the new August Indie Game thread over here that just went live:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=641531

..I'll gift another 10 keys for the 1$ version of Sentinel (meaning no OST, but you will get keys when it releases on Desura/GoG/Steam).2 requirements:

a) Quote this post and answer in the OTHER thread dedicated to the game over here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=596791
b) Please try the game before the deal expires and post some impressions here!

No Email and PM required anymore.

Grief.exe

Metric ton of Batman: AC updates overnight and this morning.

All of the updates were added to the Local Content Server portion.

Both Bioshock 2 and Batman:AA have Mac versions done by Feral Interactive as well. I wouldn't be surprised if all three ended up with Steamplay in the end.

All of the games use the same QA studio, it could be possible they were chosen because of their experience with testing Mac games.

Going by the Quakecon sales that just started on other sites, I have a feeling that we're not going to see too many Bethesda discounts this weekend. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Going by the Quakecon sales that just started on other sites, I have a feeling that we're not going to see too many Bethesda discounts this weekend. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

I just want my Prima guides!

And Rogue Warrior.

Grief.exe

Well, we will see in about 15 minutes.

They haven't missed a Bethesda sale for Quakecon the last couple of years.

Damian.

Banned
Nope, just switched to use 670 for the physx(it was on auto-select) and the game still chugs to around 8-24 FPS in sections involving physx. As I said before, when I first played the game I got a nearly constant 60 FPS outside of towns with physx and everything but SSAA on. I'll try restarting but I'm not hopeful :/

Can anyone else using Windows 8.1 start up Metro Last Light, make sure Advanced Physx is on, and play the chapter "The Crossing" and tell me what their framerate is? Obviously having a similar card (GTX670/80) would help.

Edit: Just tested Metro 2033 and it runs at the same ~40 FPS that it always has at max. Although the cursor issue that Last Light has(mouse cursor doesn't work in menus on 8.1) is replicated. Really just wanted to play Last Light again and the dlc :/

I have the same problem with PhsyX and Metro:LL. What mostly fixed the problem for me was to uninstall PhysX and install an older version. There are still some nasty FPS drops when a lot is going on, but they are more bearable. Nvidia really needs to take PhysX out back and blow its fucking head off. It's ruined several gaming experiences for me over the past couple years and it looks to be infecting more games this year and next.

Grief.exe

I guess the $5 price hike is for going from Vita to PC. Oh well. August is too crazy to spend 20 on a TD.

They are even out at the end of the month.

Everyone's wallets are already going to be shattered by Guacamelee, Spelunky, Papers, DayZ, Bureau, and Saint's Row by that point.

And Castlevania releases two days after that.

I have the same problem with PhsyX and Metro:LL. What mostly fixed the problem for me was to uninstall PhysX and install an older version. Nvidia really needs to take PhysX out back and blow its fucking head off. It's ruined several gaming experiences for me over the past couple years and it looks to be infecting more games this year and next.

Meh, I really like Physx and think it works really well and adds a lot to the Metro games. Haven't had any issues before now except for the obvious performance drops on my old computer. If it really ruins games for you turn it off :p I just have no desire to play Last Light without it now given I played through the first time with no issues and with everything it added to the atmosphere.

Damian.

Banned
Meh, I really like Physx and think it works really well and adds a lot to the Metro games. Haven't had any issues before now except for the obvious performance drops on my old computer. If it really ruins games for you turn it off :p I just have no desire to play Last Light without it now given I played through the first time with no issues and with everything it added to the atmosphere.

I do turn it off. :D

That doesn't excuse Nvidia for bribing devs to use an asinine non-platform agnostic tool for physics that uses too many resources for too little reward and either works OK, or absolutely tanks performance. I won't even go into their purposefully gimping their high end cards CUDA performance to protect their overpriced professional cards.

Simply pointing out the fact that It is time to move on to real GPU compute for games and leave garbage, unoptimized platform specific software where it belongs. In the past.

ss_lemonade

Awesome, got Castlevania from Dunder today. How long is this game by the way? If its like God of War length, I'll probably play this next after I'm done with Sleeping Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom