• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

I would grab Quake Collection on Steam if they put the soundtracks back in and gave them achievements and stats and trading cards. Otherwise I still have all of my original Day One CDs.

How is the Steam version of Doom? Specifically, Ultimate Doom. I don't remember hearing great things...

Awesome, got Castlevania from Dunder today. How long is this game by the way? If its like God of War length, I'll probably play this next after I'm done with Sleeping Dogs
Lords of Shadow is pretty damn long for a character action game. I think my first playthrough on PS3 took me 18 hours.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I would grab Quake Collection on Steam if they put the soundtracks back in and gave them achievements and stats and trading cards. Otherwise I still have all of my original Day One CDs.

You can download patches for Quake and Quake 2 that incorporate the original music back into the game.

Grief.exe

It says "ID DAY", so I guess tomorrow is "BETHESDA DAY". What does it make the other two days of the deal, I wonder?

Human Head Studios Day!

...Oh wait

25% off?

No one is getting Morrowind.

sorry Grief. this is truth.

ioJP0OadwyIMD.gif

Dude wins Rogue Legacy via Modbot.
Decides said game 'isnt for him' based on looks.
Trades said game for Rage ($5).
Tarred and Feathered in Steam Sale Thread.

Fireblend

Banned
Explain yourselves!

During the summer sale, some guy won a copy of Rogue Legacy from a very generous giveaway, only to post some minutes later about how he "looked at a video, realized the game wasn't for him (even though he participated in the giveaway with people that did want the game), and promptly traded it for RAGE to a friend".

SteamGAF will never forget.

Yay, Finally Quake 2 is in sale!

Is Quake 4's single player any good?
It's okay. Serves as a sequel of sorts to Q2; features weapon upgrading IIRC. If you want to rocket and railgun fools it's worth a play, but it's nothing remarkable.

Has one really cool standout first person moment though.

Smash88

Banned
During the summer sale, some guy won a copy of Rogue Legacy from a very generous giveaway, only to post some minutes later about how he "looked at a video, realized the game wasn't for him (even though he participated in the giveaway), and promptly traded it for RAGE to a friend".

I want to know who this is, so he can be the first person on my ignore list in 5 years.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is RAGE some sort of trade currency?

During the Summer Sale, an enterprising GAF user picked up Rogue Legacy thanks to a ModBot giveaway, later deciding he'd rather trade the key for Rage.

Edit: Derp, got my games mixed up.

Grief.exe

What's the deal with trading copies of RAGE?
Explain yourselves!
I don't get it

So Duke Bobby scraped enough money together to give away a copy of Rogue Legacy during the Summer Sale.

BHK3 came in and took the copy, without knowing what the game was.

He subsequently, did some research, found out he didn't like the game, then traded it to his friend for Rage. He came in the thread and acted like a real jerk about it too.

So, he essentially took a game that was given in good faith to, hopefully, someone who would truly enjoy it. And just traded it for a cheap game.

That is why he has become the butt of all of our jokes, and the embodiment of how not to act.

image.php

Well I have already played the original version, just want to play it again with the extra levels. Also you get Doom I + II :]

Valid point.

And it has achievements, I enjoy getting those.

I thought the twist ending was that he ended up not enjoying Rage, or did I just imagine that part.

His steam profile shows that he has played it for half an hour.

What a shame this whole situation is.

tickling

Banned
£10.20 and 20 new games cant say no to that!

Bought the Quake Pack, Wolf Pack, Doom Pack and the Hexon pack. Where to start??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom