• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

liezryou

Thanks stronghammer for skulls of the shogun on the cheap!

*Activates it*
*Realizes i am on a dota alt account*
*Insert many loud curse words here*
*Cries*

I'm stupid.

Sadly also not the first time i did it too, i did it with sequence too.

mrgone

*Activates it*
*Cries*

I'm stupid.

Nice! I'd gone through my last so I couldn've helped. And I managed to post a PM to the thread here, so you're not the only one making mistakes tonight :) Glad you got in on it, and sorry to hear about the account mix up :(

Xanathus

I wonder how many here are buying Skulls because they actually want to play it, instead of buying it simply because there's a pricing error.

Salsa

skulls of the shogun foils sell for fucking $30

WELL FUCK

imWDM3AR6FycM.PNG

tumblr_m7mw6dNRxm1ra997io1_500.gif

ivxwAAAES3u6m.PNG

tumblr_lnxcxgUNHt1qltxkuo1_400.gif

Acccent

I wonder how many here are buying Skulls because they actually want to play it, instead of buying it simply because there's a pricing error.

Part of why I'm buying it is to give some money to the devs, even though I probably won't play it a lot. Also to increase the numbers in the sales figures for that type of game on Steam, which might influence things somewhere?

And yeah, it's a pricing error so you could argue that if I wanted to support the devs I'd buy it full price, but it's not like I have infinite money so a little bit is better than nothing, AND hopefully in an instance like this one GamersGate are the one who suffer from the error, not 17-bit.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
All the Prima guides pertaining to Bethesda-published games are no longer available for purchase.

:(

Xanathus

stop being so positive ODing on pills is the only way

in all seriousness tho what are the fucking odds. I POSTED ABOUT IT here 5 minutes before it happened ffs

lol

Only reason Shogun foils were so high previously was because the game wasn't on sale or had pricing errors. People who buy cards are well aware when games get discounted and will not pay the same amount as pre-discount.

Caerith

*Activates it*
*Cries*

I'm stupid.

Couldn't Steam Support move it to your other account? Like, tell them you accidentally activated it on your imaginary brother's account or something.

Xanathus

foils are a lie anyway, when you look at the chart there's ussually like only.. 3 sold, on a 30 day period

Yeah was gonna also post that no one actually bought it at 30 so your post about foils selling for 30 was a lie.
edit: OK there's *one* card that managed to sell for 30.

Salsa

People bought the :trading card: icon today for $30 too.

Seems to be the trading/money laundering amount of choice. I put all my garbage up at $30 in case people get confused.

yeah, when something shitty sells for high prices its probably just transfering money

doubt it happens with foils tho

Just bought 1C humble bundle. Any idea which version of king bounty and men of war should I play first?

King's Bounty: The Legend came first (it's basically an overhaul of the the 1990's original) but I personally preferred Armored Princess.

As far as Men of War goes, you've got Men of War itself (which is the only one I've played so far), followed by Red Tide, Assault Squad, Vietnam and Condemned Heroes.

To be honest, I don't think that it really matters which order you play either series in, but my inclination is always to play the oldest ones first in order to appreciate how they evolve over time.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Ah, thanks, but I can't see all the backgrounds on one screen and compare them. It'll do!

You could also use enhanced steam and go through the list of backgrounds on the edit your profile page, it shows a little thumbnail there that changes as you scroll through. Although it's obviously not as large as the ones on the steam card exchange site.

Smash88

Banned
Didn't you learn from bagging System Shock 2 before you played it?

Skullgirls is not a new game. It already has a lot of fans and is being constantly improved. There is a long and sorry history behind its development but that is in the past.

Personally I didn't like it at all when I spent time with it before the update. But there are very few other options available (mk is poor and kof isn't exactly a barrell of fun) so it is well worth supporting.

System Shock 2 is a whole different ball game compared to this though.

You can't really compare the two.

HoosTrax

Ugh, I woke up just now (7am US time) to find a PM on Steam telling me about the pricing error on Skulls of the Shogun (he probably saw it on my wishlist). Ah well, can't win 'em all. I got lucky on the Sleeping Dogs thing way back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom