• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sober

Hardcore mode might be slower
Actually that is Classic mode, which for all intents and purposes is supposed to be this gen's interpretation of PT/CT stealth. Sure, it's not slow by 2005 standards, but it looks much slower than most typical MP fare these days.

Sorry to rain on your parade but the original creative director for SvM is working on SvM for Blacklist, so you can spit on his grave or call it a massive betrayalton but if the spirit of the mode isn't enough and you want a faithful recreation of what you played in PT/CT back in the day right down to the code well ... play PT or CT SvM.

Nabs

:/ Skullgirls doesnt have a fullscreen option :/ (it does but it's limited to 1280)

I'm not sure what you're talking about. It has Fullscreen, Borderless Windowed, and Windowed Mode.

iXnvXbSeOPj0N.jpg

jediyoshi

Yikes, Cherry Tree High's sets are still $15. Cheaper just to make another account and buy the game again. I need me some kawaii~ backgrounds ;_;

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Valve blocked me from using the Community Market for a week simply for using a gift card. All the blocks I've had placed on my account in various forms for "spending money" is really getting quite tiresome.

maneil99

Valve blocked me from using the Community Market for a week simply for using a gift card. All the blocks I've had placed on my account in various forms for "spending money" is really getting quite tiresome.
I don't like saving my CC info so i remove my card after purchase, does the same for me

Smash88

Banned
It probably doesn't keep track of beta games

What?

7gx1rDb.jpg

It's because the game is mediocre at best. It's a fighting game in a sea of fighting games and it looks kinda lame from the videos I've seen.

o_O I don't see a sea of fighting games on the PC...

There are many fighting games are in the Steam registry - and I assume more will come. Even then, the game is no name and still looks lame. I don't see the game lasting long, never mind the competitive scene (if there will even be one). Too many people here are promoting it when it's a mediocre fighting game.

I bought Commander Keen pack for a dollar to relive my childhood memories. I am also tempted to buy Wolfpack because RTCW is the BEST GAME EVER

liezryou

There are many fighting games are in the Steam registry - and I assume more will come. Even then, the game is no name and still looks lame. I don't see the game lasting long, never mind the competitive scene (if there will even be one). Too many people here are promoting it when it's a mediocre fighting game.

So basically the "sea" of fighting games that you are saying is the reason why nobody is playing skullgirls is the steam registry? Good logic.

As to mediocre i have yet to play it, so we shall see.

Caerith

It's because the game is mediocre at best. It's a fighting game in a sea of fighting games and it looks kinda lame from the videos I've seen.

I get your intent, but it really just comes across as:

7FIKL4f.jpg

I think the Skullgirls beta is different. Payday 2 Beta is an actual product you get for pre-purchasing Payday 2, Arma 3 Beta is also buyable. Skullgirls isn't-- prepurchasing gets you the beta, but does it get you a beta key you can pass around or keep in your inventory? (I could be wrong.)

Nabs

Some betas are hidden. I know when I was playing the SG beta before my friends couldn't tell what I was playing. I don't know if they flipped that switch yet, but it's possible.

Also, it's... kind of late. And there's no single player or lobby system in the beta (for now). You're either playing training mode or getting destroyed by someone who has played too much of this game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Some betas are hidden. I know when I was playing the SG beta before my friends couldn't tell what I was playing. I don't know if they flipped that switch yet, but it's possible.

Also, it's... kind of late. And there's no single player or lobby system in the beta (for now). You're either playing training mode or getting destroyed by someone who has played too much of this game.

Yeah, Grim Dawn is (or at least was) the same -- last I checked, my status would change to in-game with no mention of the game itself to outside observers.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
So this id software sale has got me nostalgic, and wanting to pick up Commander Keen and Doom 2. But then that leads to me looking at the Doom 3 BFG edition and thinking "hey, I wonder if that Doom 3 is any good?" But I know the answer is not really.

Might just get the classic Doom and CK games. Or probably won't get either as my need to curtail spending outweighs my nostalgia. Oh well.

JaseC

what? Doom 3 is a fantastic game

what you're probably refering to is the fact that it's a fantastic game for completely different reasons than 1 and 2

He's referring to the BFG Edition in particular so I assume he has the original release.

milenko79

Neo Member
New amd catalyst beta drivers are out (13.8). Not steam, but relevant for a lot of us I think.
Seems there are no new real features (at least for me), but I always like to be up to date, especially with videocard drivers.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
what? Doom 3 is a fantastic game

what you're probably refering to is the fact that it's a fantastic game for completely different reasons than 1 and 2

I just heard that there was a lot of issues with it when it came out, was I misinformed? The secret reason I can't bring myself to get stuff because of nostalgia is because I know if I go down that path I'll want to play Rage just to see that hidden Wolfenstein 3D area in there. And that's no reason to buy a game.

NOSTALGIA FACT: I remember there being a hidden Wolfenstein 3D level in Doom 2, or vice versa, and finding a secret passage in one of them showed me where it was in the other, I remember being really impressed by that when I played it back in the day. Also Commander Keen was in Doom 2 and that was great. Oh god, I can't afford to be nostalgic right now!

Didn't you learn from bagging System Shock 2 before you played it?

Skullgirls is not a new game. It already has a lot of fans and is being constantly improved. There is a long and sorry history behind its development but that is in the past.

Personally I didn't like it at all when I spent time with it before the update. But there are very few other options available (mk is poor and kof isn't exactly a barrell of fun) so it is well worth supporting.

JaseC

I just heard that there was a lot of issues with it when it came out, was I misinformed? The secret reason I can't bring myself to get stuff because of nostalgia is because I know if I go down that path I'll want to play Rage just to see that hidden Wolfenstein 3D area in there. And that's no reason to buy a game.

Speaking of Rage's Easter eggs, the Quake one should have been a Shambler enemy you have to kill, not a mere Shambler plushie collectable. And the achievement renamed to "Ride the Lightning".

Edit: Oh, wait, there's no achievement tied to the Quake room. That's even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom