• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone has an extra Two Worlds II key that would like to trade for a below average Humble Weekly 1C ? Otherwise I'll just make a giveaway some day.

JakeD

so my crusader kings 2 experience so far has pretty much been:

play for an hour, realize i have no idea what im doing - "i better watch a youtube tutorial"

get bored 4 minutes into youtube tutorial - "i'd rather learn by playing"

^repeat 4 times*

i think at this point i'd prefer this
ZUrpJ9X.jpg

wilflare

Why are people creating alt accounts anyway?

Redeem spare copies of the same game and sell them? Isn't it easier to trade the cards over and then sell?

Deques

Why are people creating alt accounts anyway?

Redeem spare copies of the same game and sell them? Isn't it easier to trade the cards over and then sell?

I wonder that too. It doesn't make sense to have money in one account, games in a second account, and gifts in a third account...

Tenrius

play for an hour, realize i have no idea what im doing - "i better watch a youtube tutorial"

^repeat 4 times*

I dunno about CK2, but Victoria and Europa Universalis are pretty easy to play. They only look intimidating, but the actual basic gameplay is simple (especially in EU3).

Acccent

Hm so I looked at all the backgrounds to see which ones I prefered... here's a selection:

Monaco:
1280x800
1280x800

Orion Dino Horde:
1280x800

Port Royale 3:
1280x800
1280x800

(I wonder how the first one looks on a black background)

Really Big Sky:
1280x800
1280x800

Ion Assault:
1280x800

What do you think?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
blahckkc4.jpg

Tomorrow I'll install the mod that adds the missing stuff (six resource items and one water tower) and finish the campaign, then I'll be done.

wilflare

Lol the steam cards thingum make me regret not getting Port Royale 3 when it was on sale ages ago... That cards value... None of my Shogun cards are selling (lol)

FloatOn

So I spent about an hour into Ys 1 yesterday and I found that playing in a windowed 720p resolution is the best option for me since I really despise black bars.

Are the later games full hd?

Now for the game itself. It's oldschool as fuck and I love it. The "bump" combat system seemed really silly at first but I think I'm starting to like it.

Ledsen

^repeat 4 times*

ZUrpJ9X.jpg

Did you watch Idle Thumbs stream? It's pretty brilliant and much more fun than a random tutorial or Let's Play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zG0V39iAGE8

Bought myself my first SSD for my desktop today. A couple of quick questions if anyone can help, please: Am I good for running a few games from the SSD but keeping the rest tucked away on one of my internal HDDs? Will Steam update games regardless of their location?

Sorry if it's obvious answers, but I'm new to splitting out my Steam library across multiple locations... go easy :)

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
blahckkc4.jpg

Tomorrow I'll install the mod that adds the missing stuff (six resource items and one water tower) and finish the campaign, then I'll be done.
This missing stuff deal is so awful haha, it's almost like the game itself is taking the piss. Can you post a link to the mod here too when you get to install it?

Caerith

Bought myself my first SSD for my desktop today. A couple of quick questions if anyone can help, please: Am I good for running a few games from the SSD but keeping the rest tucked away on one of my internal HDDs? Will Steam update games regardless of their location?

Sorry if it's obvious answers, but I'm new to splitting out my Steam library across multiple locations... go easy :)
I'm assuming you're using Steam Mover or something. My SSD has my OS, Steam, and it's where I install all my games-- I then move games I'm not currently playing over to the HDD. They stay updated just fine.

I'm assuming you're using Steam Mover or something. My SSD has my OS, Steam, and it's where I install all my games-- I then move games I'm not currently playing over to the HDD. They stay updated just fine.

Thanks. Yes, Steam Mover is indeed factored in to my plans. Good to know games will still update without being on the primary Steam drive, that saves some unnecessary hassle for sure.

JaseC

This missing stuff deal is so awful haha, it's almost like the game itself is taking the piss. Can you post a link to the mod here too when you get to install it?

You can find it here, but the site is down at the moment.

Of course it is possible, what about the dirty console peasants, they don't have mods.

Unless the PS360 versions are different, which I doubt as the missing stuff wasn't added to the PC version via a patch, then they miss out. The "Perfectionist" achievement is the final completion-based achievement in the game and it unlocks at 75%; there's nothing tied to 100% completion.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Man, I am REALLY tempted to buy the $10 early access for LOADOUT.

Saw a video of a group of friends playing it and it looks like so much god damn fun.

But I'm worried that the F2P release is right around the corner.

I just found out there's co-op in Saints row 3. How elaborate is this? Is it the complete campaign you can play together with a friend or just some tacked on side story?

blahckkc4.jpg

JC2 has a story? I just randomly hijack planes, helicopters, bikes and tuk-tuks, destroy military installations and crash boats. It's fantastic.

Acccent

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
JC2 has a story? I just randomly hijack planes, helicopters, bikes and tuk-tuks, destroy military installations and crash boats. It's fantastic.

The last mission has you chasing a crazy dictator who is riding on a nuclear missle, you do so by surfing on your own missile and hopping from missle to missle to get him.

Yea it has a story, and it's *insane*.

JaseC

The last mission has you chasing a crazy dictator who is riding on a nuclear missle, you do so by surfing on your own missile and hopping from missle to missle to get him.

wfvTqMy.jpg

Echoplx

The first game made you fight the dictator while falling from a plane, I should have known they'd find a way to make it even crazier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom