• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addnan

Arcade sticks are really over priced in the UK. Most cost a lot more than what they launched at since most stores got rid of stock a long time ago and now those that still have it are trying to get every last penny. I want one, but no way I am paying more than what they launched at.

catabarez

-_-' Yeah that's expensive, considering the serious lack of fighting games on the PC, not worth it. Maybe in a few months when we see other games following MK9 and Skullgirls it will be worth it.

Or you can get an SE which go for 30-40 dollars if you look around. Salsa likes his enough, mine just has higher quality parts.

maneil99

Who are you trying to fool? You clearly have Rayman listed as $18, 7 keys is $15..

If you link me to the page ill change it, I have clearly stated many times in the forum I sell it for 16$/7keys. I have not sold a single copy for more then 7 keys

sibarraz

Banned
I don't know, imo PC has lots of fighters: Street Fighter IV, Skullgirls, Cross Tekken, Mortal Kombat 9, and if everything goes as expected, you had kof xiii and yatagarasu as steam releases too.

And this is only counting Steam games, at least I play lots of times neo geo and cps2 games with friends (GGPO is godlike), you can also find lots of all time classics like virtua fighter 1 and 2 for pc, or the doujinshi scene of fighters which had lots of underrated games like akatsuki blitzkampf or vanguard princess

At least an stick for pc isn't a bad idea, more if you think that almost all the ps3 and 360 sticks are compatible with pc., but like someone said, you can just buy an standard edition for 30 dollars and you will be fine. $100 sticks are for those who play A LOT of this games and need ''durable'' pieces

Edit: wow for 34 I almost feel like stealing, one more question does it have the dlc and tf2 hats?

catabarez

I don't know, imo PC has lots of fighters

Street Fighter IV
Skullgirls
Cross Tekken
Mortal Kombat 9

Then if everything goes as expected, you had kof xiii and yatagarasu as steam releases too.

And this is only counting Steam games, at least I played lots of times neo geo and cps2 games with friends, you can also find lots of all time classics like virtua fighter 1 and 2 for pc

At least an stick for pc isn't a bad idea, more if you think that almost all the ps3 and 360 sticks are compatible with pc.

But like someone said, you can just buy an standard edition for 30 dollars and you will be fine. $100 sticks are for those who play A LOT of this games and need ''durable'' pieces

You could also use it for arcade style games like Mercenary Kings. I am loving it with my Arcade Stick.

fantomena

Getting sick (real sick). Feeling cold, mucus in the thrroat and very lazy. And I actually started training for the past weeks (running, push-ups and sit-ups). :(

Hoping I will get better till Wednesday (driving lessons, Im 18 years, so still in time) and especially thursday for Spelunky.

Have a good day/night GAFfers!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
tkgqhEZ.jpg
I would never do that. It was just Aura.

denx

I actually find Shoryuken motions much easier to perform on a keyboard than a fight stick. Honestly, if I had to do it over again, I would have gotten a hitbox instead. There's never any doubt as far as which direction you're actually inputting when you use a keyboard or hitbox.

With a stick, it's like "I thought I had input down --> diagonal + A", but the stick thinks it's registering as "down --> right + A" or something else that isn't what I had intended.

This. I've always found sticks to be rather unreliable when it comes to accurately registering my inputs, especially in fighting games. I guess it's just a problem of mine since most people here seem to love arcade sticks, but I just don't like them that much. I prefer digital inputs in fighting games.

Btw, how are these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Street-fighter-4-turbo-controller-xbox-360-/181190442025 would you recommend it? Does it work on PC?

catabarez

Nabs

I actually find Shoryuken motions much easier to perform on a keyboard than a fight stick. Honestly, if I had to do it over again, I would have gotten a hitbox instead. There's never any doubt as far as which direction you're actually inputting when you use a keyboard or hitbox.

With a stick, it's like "I thought I had input down --> diagonal + A", but the stick thinks it's registering as "down --> right + A" or something else that isn't what I had intended.

I forgot to ask before, but what arcade stick did you end up picking up?

sibarraz

Banned
A big factor on why people prefer arcade sticks over pads or keyboards is related to get you had avaliable when you started playing fighting games

As an example, people from the 20-30 age range are most likely to prefer using arcade sticks since they lived in an era where arcades where a thing.

In the other hand, if you started playing FG with a keyboard, after a while you will get used with it, hell, people bitch about the original 360 dpad but I played really well games like KOF 98 or XIII with it. But this was when I didn't had anything else to use, once I bought an arcade stick, I couldn't return to the use of pads, not because one is better than the other, but more for the fact that I just got way used to using an stick

But being a pad warrior is okay, keyboard too

Tizoc

Wait GMG are actually selling a 4 Pack of Sonic Racing Transformed for $15 ($12 w/code) and 4-pack Awesomenauts for $10 (8 w/code)?

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
$100 sticks are for those who play A LOT of this games and need ''durable'' pieces

It's not just about durability, the buttons and jlf in higher quality sticks feel really nice. There's a big difference between different brands, and the stock parts in cheaper sticks usually feel kinda mushy and cheap.

Anyone doing a Sanctum 2 4 pack? Kinda got my eye on it.

sibarraz

Banned
It's not just about durability, the buttons and jlf in higher quality sticks feel really nice. There's a big difference between different brands, and the stock parts in cheaper sticks usually feel kinda mushy and cheap.

well, that's true actually, once you play in a $100 stick you can't return to the cheaper ones easily

Koeta

I got 1 copy left from my 4 pack if you want in, $3

mrgone

Starbound
StarDrive
StarForge
Starpoint Gemini
Starscape
Starsector
Starseed Pilgrim
Starvoid

Hey, this is getting a little confusing

Star Conflict
Star Raiders
Star Ruler
Star Trek
Star Wars
Star Wolves

Well..

DarkStar One
Inside a Star-Filled Sky
Phantasy Star
Sword of the Stars

Okay, space games, let's take a breath here.

Don't Starve

Data.gif

-_-' Yeah that's expensive, considering the serious lack of fighting games on the PC, not worth it. Maybe in a few months when we see other games following MK9 and Skullgirls it will be worth it.

Various iterations of Street Fighter IV, Street Fighter Vs Tekken, Mortal Kombat 9, Skull Girls, soon King of Fighters.

Also the fact that Mad Catz sticks use usb means you can use the stick on console and PC.

liezryou

So ... it might sound incredibly dumb, but how do I comment a cell ? D:

Just type it into the cell, but you can only type into Green and Red(Gray) Cells. Anything else is just diddlysquat. Green = Available Copy, Red = Possible Incoming Copy. Dunder said he's quitting this weekend possibly, so i would hurry up and get any trades in from him you want.

Ardvent

Managed to sell my modded PS3 SE stick for $80 and picked up a xbox360 TE stick for $40!

I loved my PS3 Stick but unfortunately Windows 8 doesn't properly support the drivers, making it unusable to me. Although I still have a PS3, playing online games on my PC means Xinput is that much more important to me when it comes to controllers.

Shame I couldn't find any solderless PS3 PCBs, they all seemed to focus on x360 for the console mods.

Just type it into the cell, but you can only type into Green and Red(Gray) Cells. Anything else is just diddlysquat. Green = Available Copy, Red = Possible Incoming Copy. Dunder said he's quitting this weekend possibly, so i would hurry up and get any trades in from him you want.

Looks like I wasn't in spreadsheet mode so I couldn't write anything, thanks ! Bummer though, I wanted Castlevania but looks like all copies are taken.

Fireblend

Banned

It boggles the mind how there are so many GAFfers stepping all over Dunder's rules right now =/

denx

Absolutely.

Awesome. Do the PC drivers for the 360 controller work for this fightpad as well? Or do you have to do a more complex setup by emulating the fightpad through third party programs and so on?

Also yeah, I guess it's a matter of what you are used to. I used to play fighting games on arcade machines when I was younger, but then I got a SNES and got used to the digital inputs of the controller. Now everytime I try to play a fighting game on an arcade stick I find it cumbersome. :( I still like using arcade sticks for shmups and beat'emups though, but since the 360 controller does the job well enough for me on those games I don't think I need one.

catabarez

Awesome. Do the PC drivers for the 360 controller work for this fightpad as well? Or do you have to do a more complex setup by emulating the fightpad through third party programs and so on?

Also yeah, I guess it's a matter of what you are used to. I used to play fighting games on arcade machines when I was younger, but then I got a SNES and got used to the digital inputs of the controller. Now everytime I try to play a fighting game on an arcade stick I find it cumbersome. :( I still like using arcade sticks for shmups and beat'emups though, but since the 360 controller does the job well enough for me on those games I don't think I need one.

Should work fine as long as it's the 360 version.

Khaz

I did enjoy this piece of news: http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2013/08/steam-linux-games-on-the-way

i've recently read people doubting any future steambox if all we had on it was old-school-retro-pixely indie games and 5 years old Valve games. So while they may not be the newest games ever, having titles such as Painkiller H&D and Natural Selection 2 on Steam for Linux certainly is refreshing and brings a little more hope that traditional publisher may start having their licences ported to Linux.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains

It'll work right out of the box. Honestly though, I wouldn't recommend buying it used. Those fightpads are good, but I've heard from multiple people that they don't last that long. They're not expensive, so I'd suggest paying the few dollars more to get one new.

Echoplx

Most of the people that bought it are from this thread.

So you initially offered it for $16 in this thread, then you offered it for $14 later that day, and sometime during that same day you went into the B/S/T thread and tried to get $18 for it, seems to me like you were trying to take advantage of people in the non-steam thread who are unfamiliar with key trading after being called out in the steam thread for trying to make a profit.

Nillansan

I am struggling quite a bit with the 360 controller, I am going to give Skullgirls and Mortal Kombat a spin with the keyboard. I did actually play the PC version of MK2 and MK3 on keyboard back in the day.

Nillansan

Hmm, the fourth chapter of The Dream Machine is listed under New Releases (the Store Page is not accessible at this time). I didn't know that it would be released today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom