• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone who doesnt pay full price for Spelunky is my enemy

iQUuqIEuipOTf.gif

wait for the humble bundles . gif

Prophane33

Any idea how much Spelunky is going to be? I'm seriously considering getting it, now that I'm done moving across the country (just got my internet back today!) and have some spending money now.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
ModBot changing the order of keys is really stupid. I need to fix that. Python dictionaries iterate in a totally nonsense random order. Hmm.

$5 for just one new level... yeah I don't think so, it's not for me.

Maybe when it's on sale.

Alternatively:
$1 for a new level
$1 for non-lethal kills
$3 for developer commentary

I know you can only buy it as a $5 bundle, but if you break it down that way it doesn't seem so unfair.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Mark of the Ninja Special Edition DLC has made its way through certification and will be released on Friday, August 15th on both XBLA *and* Steam!

The DLC will be $4.99 on Steam and 400 MS points on XBLA!

Aside from a new level, non-lethal playstyle and two new items, there is also a *ton* of developer commentary from many members of the team that we're really excited to share.

https://www.facebook.com/kleientertainment?ref=stream&hc_location=stream
Cool. Perfect opportunity for another playthrough and some achievement fun.

First game of chivalry ever, ran into the thick of battle and accidentally hit one of my team and killed them.

Kicked from the server and ip banned for the session.

Ok then.

The_Monk

First game of chivalry ever, ran into the thick of battle and accidentally hit one of my team and killed them.

Ok then.

My first time they made a vote to Ban me fellow GAFfer.

They won. I have done a little damage to someone but I guess they were very sensitive on that matter. I went back to Tutorial.

True Story.

Echoplx

Ok then.

People get salty over tks in that game and when the vote kick box comes up it shows team damage percent, yours would have been 100% so everyone would have just voted yes after seeing that.. Kind of a silly system, but if you stick around you'll get why people are so strict on tks :p

They won. I have done a little damage to someone but I guess they were very sensitive on that matter. I went back to Tutorial.

True Story.

I respect that people get really wrapped up in their game of choice and want to enforce the rules to make it better... But I don't really respect it ;)

I might've just been lucky with the servers I went in, but people were pretty chill about the occasional TK. Both getting TKed and doing the TKing myself have just been moments of hilarity.

SWOOSH, decapitate my opponent and accidentally lop off my teammate as well.

Dawg

First time I played Chivalry, three guys surrounded me at one point. I was playing as the knight with the big ass 2h sword

I'm not even a good PvP player but somehow... I defeated all three of them.

I felt so good after that, but I never managed to do it again.

The_Monk

I respect that people get really wrapped up in their game of choice and want to enforce the rules to make it better... But I don't really respect it ;)

Funny thing is, I didn't even made that much of damage since it shows when people vote Yes/No I believe. I even typed on the Chat "Sorry, new to the game guys." Oh well, some Communities are better than others, it's fine by me.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I had one dude chase after and TK me constantly because I accidentally hit him while misclicking my mouse over the course of a match, and I couldn't get him votekicked because "I struck first"

Never really bothered with Chivalry much after that.

Dingotech

Ok then.

This is up there as a reason why I'm not generally a massive fan of online gaming in general.

Unless I'm playing with friends everything just comes across as way too serious and I just end up having no fun. There is just a zero lack of tolerance for people learning games in general.

Funny thing is, I didn't even made that much of damage since it shows when people vote Yes/No I believe. I even typed on the Chat "Sorry, new to the game guys." Oh well, some Communities are better than others, it's fine by me.

Yeah I played CS for many years so I'm not too salty. Just found it amusing how some things never change and it reminds me why I don't want to go too deep into any online games again.

Still seems quite a fun game though.

Dingotech

Alternatively:
$1 for a new level
$1 for non-lethal kills
$3 for developer commentary

I know you can only buy it as a $5 bundle, but if you break it down that way it doesn't seem so unfair.

Why would I pay $3 for dev commentary?

I've already finished the game with 100% achievements, I don't really have the desire to play the entire game again to listen to a commentary. Unless that's not how the commentary works?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

I've already finished the game with 100% achievements, I don't really have the desire to play the entire game again to listen to a commentary. Unless that's not how the commentary works?

Well if you don't want to, you don't want to, but I don't think it's an unreasonable price point for those who would want to. Developer commentaries are cool. 30 Flights of Loving did OK on Steam and basically 100% the point of buying it is the developer commentary.

JakeD

Yeah I played CS for many years so I'm not too salty. Just found it amusing how some things never change and it reminds me why I don't want to go too deep into any online games again.

Still seems quite a fun game though.

in the few hours ive played, it actually seemed like the community is more on the laid back side. one match every one just started taking turns beating on a tree while screaming battle cries. couldn't stop laughing

jediyoshi

I would.

Decision justified!

Dingotech

Well if you don't want to, you don't want to, but I don't think it's an unreasonable price point for those who would want to. Developer commentaries are cool. 30 Flights of Loving did OK on Steam and basically 100% the point of buying it is the developer commentary.

Yeah that's fair enough.
Hence why I said before the price point isn't really for me, will wait for the sale.

Does it bother anybody else that they finish a games achievements 100%, then a new DLC comes out and it automatically breaks your 100% even if you haven't bought the DLC?
At least I think that's what happens, it does on the PS3/Vita and it bugs the shit out of me!

Tenrius

True Story.

I noticed that there is often a very vocal minority, usually consisting of just a single player on the sever, who can get very upset about how other people are playing the game. I once played a game of Chivalry on some server and there was a guy who would randomly start to insult any person because he thought that they didn't know how to play the game or were playing a class he didn't like (not exclusive to vanguard, too). After a round of insults he would initiate a kick vote, which would usually fail and in the end, I think, he ended up being kicked himself.

So long story short, don't get discouraged about being kicked/insulted in Chivalry. Just try not to teamkill anyone next time if that's the reason and nevermind at all if it's something else.

The_Monk

I noticed that there is often a very vocal minority, usually consisting of just a single player on the sever, who can get very upset about how other people are playing the game. I once played a game of Chivalry on some server and there was a guy who would randomly start to insult any person because he thought that they didn't know how to play the game or were playing a class he didn't like (not exclusive to vanguard, too). After a round of insults he would initiate a kick vote, which would usually fail and in the end, I think, he ended up being kicked himself.

So long story short, don't get discouraged about being kicked/insulted in Chivalry. Just try not to teamkill anyone next time if that's the reason and nevermind at all if it's something else.

I didn't even killed anyone I believe it was just some Damage. But it's okay, I don't make it personal, when I'm new to the game, it's okay for me to make mistakes and rude people won't discourage me from enjoying a game fellow GAFfer. Same goes for anything, like in here, if you have a bad user making bad posts that won't stop me from enjoying this fine GAF Community. It's just not worth to be upset.

Hanzou

I understand where he is coming from. I have no desire to listen to developer commentary for almost any game so if you ignore that, than $5 is pricey when the whole game was $15. I will just wait for this to hit $1.25.

FloatOn

Spelunky, Guacamelee or Papers, Please. It's a decision we must all face, unless you are a glutton and buy all 3.

I will choose one. I have la-mulana so that may scratch the spelunky itch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom