• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

I will buy Super House of Dead Ninjas DLC + Guacamelee + Spelunky + Papers Please + Ducktales all day one..

...all combined still less than one full priced console game.

evillaugh.gif

consoles

iF6PqbgFWmW12.gif

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I will buy Super House of Dead Ninjas DLC + Guacamelee + Spelunky + Papers Please + Ducktales all day one..

...all combined still less than one full priced console game.

evillaugh.gif

or you wait for a sale and buy them for cheaper than a $15 arcade/psn game.

Nabs

Spelunky is going to sell so well on PC it's scary. It'll hit #1 whenever another youtube LP goes up.

I can't hold all these indie games.

Hinomura

Good luck!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dead Island GOTY and Saints Row The Third (The Full Package DLC) -- MB-3E8C6DD9C6E2FF57 - Taken by Kabouter

Acorn

Fuck it, gonna crack and buy Revelations as Capcom will no doubt hold the price high for ages.

So all this DLC, is it just a bunch of crap? Or is there anything worth buying?

ArjanN

or you wait for a sale and buy them for cheaper than a $15 arcade/psn game.

No, because IMO these games are easily worth the money and worth supporting on day 1.

but will you play them

Yeah, I'll play the shit out of them.

Also less than the price of one full priced PC game?

Probably, full priced PC games are usually about 10 bucks less. Guacamelee and Spelunky don't seem to have prices listed yet,but I'm guessing they're in the 10-15 range.

Guacamelee also confirmed not to have a pre-order. It should simply unlock with a slight discount for the first week+promotion for Mutant Blobs Attack.

ArjanN

Fuck it, gonna crack and buy Revelations as Capcom will no doubt hold the price high for ages.

So all this DLC, is it just a bunch of crap? Or is there anything worth buying?

Dice mostly descibed it above.

It's guns and characters for Raid Mode. You don't really need the guns as you outlevel them anyway.

Not gonna happen :p

My worst fear ;).

Guacamelee also confirmed not to have a pre-order. It should simply unlock with a slight discount for the first week+promotion for Mutant Blobs Attack.

I hope that's the case, then we could snag Spelunky and this for less than $25. Mutant Blobs Attack was a pretty enjoyable game, beat it from start to finish in like 2 sittings. JDS gifted it to me, I'd easily recommend it.

Mark of the Ninja Special Edition DLC has made its way through certification and will be released on Friday, August 15th on both XBLA *and* Steam!

The DLC will be $4.99 on Steam and 400 MS points on XBLA!

Aside from a new level, non-lethal playstyle and two new items, there is also a *ton* of developer commentary from many members of the team that we're really excited to share.

https://www.facebook.com/kleientertainment?ref=stream&hc_location=stream

SUMMER DROUGHT MY ASS. C'mon guys! It's too much now.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Well look at what I just found in the shop...

VC9amH2.jpg

I guess the DLC isn't even exclusive models. Wasted 50 cents, whatever...

Also I just noticed Revelations got cards! Gotta get a badge for this now!

Mark of the Ninja Special Edition DLC has made its way through certification and will be released on Friday, August 15th on both XBLA *and* Steam!

Aside from a new level, non-lethal playstyle and two new items, there is also a *ton* of developer commentary from many members of the team that we're really excited to share.

I am panting right now.

Sounds awesome, thanks for the warning ;).

Razorskin

----- ------

ALL THESE GAMES

STEAM PLS

SuperBonk

I have a 90% coupon off Faerie Solitaire expiring on the 10th if anyone wants it. That brings the game down to $0.50 and it drops 5 cards that are all going for > $0.15. It's basically free money, albeit not much with a not insignificant time investment.

Plus the game itself isn't terrible. PM me if you want it.

Edit: Claimed.

Unfortunatly it's Brazilian. Portugal would never have a store like this more than 2 months without being bankrupt or closed by some lobby

EDIT: I'm portuguese (living in Sweden) and I would like a nuuvem.pt from portugal with prices that compete with steam! Will never happen!

Ah, my mistake. Should have clicked considering the address ended .com.br and a friend actually said Brazilian earlier today, but I was just going off what Google Translate was telling me without actually stopping to think about what I was saying.

Is there any major benefit to getting RE: Revelations on PC over the 3DS version, barring the obvious graphics overhaul? Got the 3DS version that I'm fine with, but if there's tons of extras I may consider trading that in while its on sale.

Dingotech

$5 for just one new level... yeah I don't think so, it's not for me.

Maybe when it's on sale.

Miker

Ah, my mistake. Should have clicked considering the address ended .com.br and a friend actually said Brazilian earlier today, but I was just going off what Google Translate was telling me without actually stopping to think about what I was saying.

Is there any major benefit to getting RE: Revelations on PC over the 3DS version, barring the obvious graphics overhaul? Got the 3DS version that I'm fine with, but if there's tons of extras I may consider trading that in while its on sale.

It's got more characters - I forgot which, though. And one of the trinity bonuses was switched - you no longer have to get 100% accuracy or something. Otherwise, mouse/keyboard support? Mods? Dat MT Framework PC port performance? It's actually a rock solid port that's just priced way too high.

Lain

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Painkiller Redemption #3 -- MB-8005E152C5FE93DD - Taken by Dio Brando
Painkiller Redemption #2 -- MB-6736CEF03CFD2698 - Taken by Out_Of_Ammo
Painkiller Redemption -- MB-F1617A177A59DE74 - Taken by Volotaire
Painkiller Redemption #4 -- MB-D75DD6A55B708FAF - Taken by alr1ght

Last keys were added, so have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom