• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash88

Banned
Mark of the Ninja definitely one of the best games I have ever played.

Those developers deserve so much more recognition. Fantastic work.

wait until the winter sale and buy all 3.

Or we can Dunder all 3 for Winter Sale price, today!

Yes, I turned Dunder's name into a verb.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Finally got my Rocksmith cable. It came with a demo disc. I pop that fucker in, click Install, and suddenly Steam opens and starts installing the demo from the DVD. So it seems like it does have a terrible DRM. Fuck this shit, I should have bought an Xbone.

Nah, but seriously, it's strange that it isn't advertised anywhere on the disc. I don't mind at all, since nowadays all of my PC games purchases are of Steam-activable titles, but there may be some people who do.

Fracas

#fuckonami
yo dawg i heard you like games
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Metro 2033, Risen, and Sacred Citadel -- MB-C2424628766F9E63 - Taken by Leon Belmont

Fireblend

Banned
Spelunky, Guacamelee or Papers, Please. It's a decision we must all face, unless you are a glutton and buy all 3.

I will choose one. I have la-mulana so that may scratch the spelunky itch.

This is a seriously tough choice. Both Derek Yu and Lucas Pope are developers I really respect and who are an inspiration to me as an amateur game developer, and both of their games I followed closely throughout development; I still remember playing Spelunky's early builds, and there's absolutely no doubt in my mind they both deserve my money and more (I get the feeling many share these thoughts though, and both games will have significantly warm welcomes to Steam so my mind is at ease).

On the other hand Guacamelee's devs I haven't really followed for long, but I liked all the announcement shenanigans and the "NeoGAAAAF!!!!" vine they did, so I already like them
KuGsj.gif
plus Guacamelee looks nothing short of brilliant, and I'm a huge Metroidvania fan. However, I know for sure my brother is getting this one and I guess that will allow me to play it enough so that I can wait until it's on sale or I come across some extra money.

I think I'll go with Spelunky, simply because I've been recently craving a good roguelike (missed out on Rogue Legacy, although it still sits firmly somewhere in the top spots of my wishlist), and because I've been hyping myself for it this past week, watching LPs and reviews and gosh, I was so damn frustrated when it was announced it would be a Xbox Live exclusive
KuGsj.gif

I'll eventually buy Papers, Please though, and I'm crossing my fingers it will be sooner rather than later.

thanks! haha guess I should play it first and decide whether it's worth it.
hmm this would add up to almost 3+ bucks for the two DLCs and soundtrack

I haven't played it either yet! My buddy bought it and wants to do coop so I figured I'd clean up getting the DLCs.

If I had just gotten the Collector's Edition it only would've been $4,60. Instead I ended up paying $5.60. Not too bad I guess. Didn't really want the soundtrack anyways.

ArjanN

Does it bother anybody else that they finish a games achievements 100%, then a new DLC comes out and it automatically breaks your 100% even if you haven't bought the DLC?
At least I think that's what happens, it does on the PS3/Vita and it bugs the shit out of me!

That it bothers you is exactly the reason why they do it.

Also, to be fair you no longer have 100%ed the game, because there's now more to the game.

Salsa

I'm pretty intrigued by the multiplayer aspect of this one. 2v3v3 is either going to be an unbalanced mess or completely brilliant.

I find it kinda dumb in the sense that who the hell would want to play as anything other than batman

being a random thug trying to take him down sounds like no fun

hitmon

Thinking about getting RPG Maker and have a few questions.

1. Can you mix and match assets between DLC?
2. Are there any recommended DLC packs? I'm curious if they are worth it at 66% off.

Thanks in advance.

2. Are there any recommended DLC packs? I'm curious if they are worth it at 66% off.

Thanks in advance.

Tbh I think the chances of actually making something that requires the DLC (or in general) is small.

Grab it and see how you go with the standard stuff. If you reach the point where you need more it'll be on sale again soon enough.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
And why is Anno 1404 & Anno 1404: Venice on Steam but then... not on Steam fellow GAFfer?

Not cool, at all.

Earlier versions of Anno 1404 have a bug that causes saves to be incorrectly generated. rendering them useless. While Ubi patched the retail and Uplay versions, it didn't bother sending Valve an update for the Steam version, and the game was eventually pulled.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Thanks in advance.

You can mix and match assets between the DLC packs, but not on the same maps/areas/dungeons/whatever unless you manually merge the spritesheets from those packs.

I think the DS DLC pack looks pretty cool and is generally considered the most expansive. But as others have already mentioned, it's probably best to pick up the standard edition now and DLC later if you think you'd use it.

Salsa

Arkham Origins is likely region locked, first of the series

separate entry for CIS, no mention of "onlyplayablefromrestrictedcountries" or whatever that line is, but they ussually add it later

unless all those TF2 freakies stock up soon, I doubt there'll be cheapo versions available

hitmon

Tbh I think the chances of actually making something that requires the DLC (or in general) is small.

Grab it and see how you go with the standard stuff. If you reach the point where you need more it'll be on sale again soon enough.

You can mix and match assets between the DLC packs, but not on the same maps/areas/dungeons/whatever unless you manually merge the spritesheets from those packs.

I think the DS DLC pack looks pretty cool and is generally considered the most expansive. But as others have already mentioned, it's probably best to pick up the standard edition now and DLC later if you think you'd use it.

Thanks for the input. I guess I'll stick with standard for now.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I liked the Rocksmith demo. It made me realize that I suck so much at playing bass, I should be looking for a new hobby :p

Also, I gotta learn to play without looking at the frets ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom