• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
they added daily challenges with separate leaderboards

as in, new challenge per day, you only have one go at it, and your results end up on a global leaderboard for that day

ITS BRILLIANT

the multiplayer in Spelunky is like NSMB to new heights in terms of just fucking up the run for everyone by being silly. Online would be chaos

I mean, i'd take it, but im not crying over it

I knowwwwwww......it's just hard to justify double dipping when I've used up enough of my steam wallet as it is. Summer video game drought my ass.

Cloud, achievements, cards and workshop. Its good to see that it wont be a awkward port.

Yeah, all signs point to the PC port being amazing. Don't know why I'm hearing rumblings of an embargo, makes no sense. Must be false...last minute paranoid jitters

Salsa

I'm on a budget. Some money is better than no money. Right?

Rambo.gif

Grief.exe

Damn, I don't think this gamepad looks particularly ergonomic, but if its so sexy. You guys know I like that minimalist set up.

If it had Xinput I would definitely pick one up for PC games.

Right now its just an Android Emulator box called Gamestick.

gamestick-6.jpg

gamestick-kickstarter-04_0.jpg

Grief.exe

so hard to choose between the best indie game ever made and a game that has this

god dammit rickenslacker
I dunno, you're making a stronger case for DC there.

It is not a choice between them, it is that I simply had so much time to do blow on nothing else for a while and now these personally anticipated timesinks just pop out one after another.

PSA to games I like, get better release schedules.

Odrion

Banned
Can someone explain the RE: Revelations DLC a bit more? Are those custom guns already unlocked (ie: "Cheat DLC") or are they integrated into the game well enough?

Alien8

Bizarre, never asked me for an address when I purchased SR4 last night, just created an account with a username, email, password and DoB and then used Paypal and that was it.

I had bought some games before, and didn't ask me anything special, but the last time didn't allow me to finish the checkout without entering a physical address.

Maybe it depends on the publisher of the game (in my case was Ubi-Nadeo, since I purchased Trackmania) or is a requirement after a number of purchases.

I had bought some games before, and didn't ask me anything special, but the last time didn't allow me to finish the checkout without entering a physical address.

Maybe it depends on the publisher of the game (in my case was Ubi-Nadeo, since I purchased Trackmania) or is a requirement after a number of purchases.

I wasn't asked for an address either.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
For those that picked up RPG Maker today (or those of us that already have it) you can enable the beta by following these directions which allows for Steam Cloud support. Handy!

mrgone

Holy shit, there's an achievement in Teleglitch for getting through a level without getting hurt. The description should just be
oZb9KV9.jpg

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Can someone explain the RE: Revelations DLC a bit more? Are those custom guns already unlocked (ie: "Cheat DLC") or are they integrated into the game well enough?
They are nicer than the starting weapons, but it's not cheating at all because it's so damn easy to get nice stuff just from the points you unlock by playing the story campaign.

Here is the special gun for Jill I bought because I'm an RE fanboy and it is cool:

D5JGtqw.jpg

Here is the gun I was using before:

iZ2uEUL.jpg

Those attributes are custom parts that can be exchanged, but you see the DLC gun has 3 slots whereas the one I had before has 6 slots. And while it has greater firepower (and it is reflecting the effect of that custom part btw) it only holds 4 fucking bullets. I could add the 30% load capacity part, but then it would only give me one more bullet. With a pistol you want things like stopping power to hold them back and that daze effect because if they are stunned it gets you in for the super powerful melee strike. 4 bullets isn't a lot to work with when trying to get that stun to happen. I forget if there is a flashlight option for Jill's gun or not.

But yeah, nothing you get is going to be anywhere near cheating. A little bit of investment and you can get really cool things. Reload the store enough and you could even find some neat gold weapons if you have a bit of BP saved up. This week there are special events going on where you get bonus BP and rare parts show up a lot more often and everything is cheaper, so anyone getting the game right now is getting plenty of "cheats" as it is. Get the DLC if you think it is cool, because that is all it is really offering.

Bought Saints Row 4 from them last night for the first time, no issues. Seem like the Portuguese version of GMG.

Unfortunatly it's Brazilian. Portugal would never have a store like this more than 2 months without being bankrupt or closed by some lobby

EDIT: I'm portuguese (living in Sweden) and I would like a nuuvem.pt from portugal with prices that compete with steam! Will never happen!

ArjanN

I will buy Super House of Dead Ninjas DLC + Guacamelee + Spelunky + Papers Please + Ducktales all day one..

...all combined still less than one full priced console game.

evillaugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom