• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

iavi

All we need (besides an updated BB or GG) is Kings of combat. That would be huge on steam.

I'm surprised that both BB hasn't been brought over to Steam from the Win8 store, and GG is still exclusive to GOG.

Just give me Xrd, arcsys. I'll call it even.

Rflagg

I am sure it is old news to most if not all of you, but I didn't realize the re revelations was on the pc. I tried the demo and it sort of feels like a return to the style I love, with horror placed above action.

After looking it up on how long to beat I am discouraged as it seems like a shorter game than I would like and watching/reading reviews makes it seem like some action parts are tossed in which assuming they never become the focus I am fine with. The game looks great even on my now fairly old hardware, but I am torn.

What say you gaf worth $24?
Would easily pay that if I had hope it might send Capcom the message that there is still an audience for a more horror driven re. :(

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I posted this earlier, don't know how this price compares to Amazon
Well that didn't last very long. Missed it.

King of Fighters XIII has to be real close to release.

They added purchasing information a few days ago. When FFVII was released, Square did something very similar.
That's an instabuy when it happens.

What say you gaf worth $24?
Would easily pay that if I had hope it might send Capcom the message that there is still an audience for a more horror driven re. :(
YESYESYESYESYESYESYES... although, I'm pretty biased.

As for action-level, it is a bit less action than RE4 even though you can move and shoot. It is much more cramped the whole time and there is less heavy weaponry shenanigans

Anyway you should get it to support the series and also help me make a badge for it.

So I own pretty much everything in the Humble Bundle except for Dead Island Riptide, until Risen 1 was added to it. I don't think it was ever released here in Aus, so I could never get it. I went looking on Steam after playing Risen 2 because I heard good things without success.

So now I have it and Metro 2033 installing. What can I expect GAF? Also, here's the other games I already have. Plus Serious Sam.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Serious Sam 3 BFE -- MB-461BCB8C405F5229 - Taken by Deques
Dead Island GOTY and Saints Row The Third Full Package (DLC) -- MB-975E1A1440B78972 - Taken by Melted77
Risen 2, Sacred 2 Gold, Saints Row 2, and Saints Row The Third -- MB-C3686294A7E0CC0E - Taken by JDHarbs

While I'm here, any chance I can get into the GAF group?

Deques

So I own pretty much everything in the Humble Bundle except for Dead Island Riptide, until Risen 1 was added to it. I don't think it was ever released here in Aus, so I could never get it. I went looking on Steam after playing Risen 2 because I heard good things without success.

So now I have it and Metro 2033 installing. What can I expect GAF? Also, here's the other games I already have. Plus Serious Sam.

Invitation sent

and thanks for the giveaway :)

maneil99

Just beat crysis 3, was actually a decent game, might have enjoyed it more if I wasn't checking my CPU Overclock every 10 minutes. Too bad EA hates steam

Melted77

Thanks for Dead Island and Saints Row DLC. Worked out perfectly as I got the lower tier Humble Bundle. I swear I'll put it to good use.

JDHarbs

Rflagg

YESYESYESYESYESYESYES... although, I'm pretty biased.

As for action-level, it is a bit less action than RE4 even though you can move and shoot. It is much more cramped the whole time and there is less heavy weaponry shenanigans

Anyway you should get it to support the series and also help me make a badge for it.

Thanks for the quick reply, I know 4 is a gaf darling, but for me it just never clicked for me, it felt like it changed the series form horror, to a third person shooter with monsters instead of bad guys with guns.

The demo seemed to really set the old re feeling back, not sure how well as a whole the game does with this, but for the first time since code Veronica I found myself enjoying re game play.

Hey, quick invite. Thanks, and I hope you enjoy those games guys.

Any thoughts on Risen 1/Metro 2033?

Risen is a great game if you like rpgs and exploration. You have a whole island to explore and you can go almost anywhere from the beginning but of course you are going to be held back by enemies higher then you in certain areas. Combat is janky and is mostly about mastering the dodge, but when it clicked for me it became fun.

Metro 2033 is a pretty good as well, really awesome sound design.

Playing on the Unepic demo on Desura, now I'm so hyped for the full finished version on Steam. I'm tempted to do Early Access, the game is so fun and well-made.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Playing on the Unepic demo on Desura, now I'm so hyped for the full finished version on Steam. I'm tempted to do Early Access, the game is so fun and well-made.

The single player aspect is already finished on Steam (been playing it myself, am near the end). Early access part is only for the MP I believe. Great game, very old school. Holy shit at all the ladders though.

Salsa

Unepic's promo art style and "hey im just a gamer nerd dude who likes anime and is trapped in this medieval world" is soooooooo offputing to me, it's unfortunate

capsule_467x181.jpg

also its called UNEPIC ffs

I bet the game is great it's just a shame that its inside such an ugly package

iavi

Thanks for the quick invite, xelios.

Unepic's promo art style and "hey im just a gamer nerd dude who likes anime and is trapped in this medieval world" is soooooooo offputing to me, it's unfortunate

capsule_467x181.jpg

I think the art does the humor well.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences

We got past the furry shit in Dust, we can get past this. Good game is good game.

zkylon

zkylewd

capsule_467x181.jpg

I bet the game is great it's just a shame that its inside such an ugly package

no

graphics is the best way to judge a game

Wok

This is a seriously tough choice. Both Derek Yu and Lucas Pope are developers I really respect and who are an inspiration to me as an amateur game developer, and both of their games I followed closely throughout development; I still remember playing Spelunky's early builds, and there's absolutely no doubt in my mind they both deserve my money and more (I get the feeling many share these thoughts though, and both games will have significantly warm welcomes to Steam so my mind is at ease).

On the other hand Guacamelee's devs I haven't really followed for long, but I liked all the announcement shenanigans and the "NeoGAAAAF!!!!" vine they did, so I already like them
KuGsj.gif
plus Guacamelee looks nothing short of brilliant, and I'm a huge Metroidvania fan. However, I know for sure my brother is getting this one and I guess that will allow me to play it enough so that I can wait until it's on sale or I come across some extra money.

I think I'll go with Spelunky, simply because I've been recently craving a good roguelike (missed out on Rogue Legacy, although it still sits firmly somewhere in the top spots of my wishlist), and because I've been hyping myself for it this past week, watching LPs and reviews and gosh, I was so damn frustrated when it was announced it would be a Xbox Live exclusive
KuGsj.gif

I'll eventually buy Papers, Please though, and I'm crossing my fingers it will be sooner rather than later.

I will get Spelunky. This is the only game of these three which I have been expecting for a year.

I had only heard about Guacamelee and I am not totally convinced: the visuals are great, as it is the case for Fly'N, but what about the gameplay?

About Papers Please, I found the alpha demo compelling but the gameplay is a bit boring.

Salsa

since this is the Steam thread:

yu4mvjD.png

these are the games that are on Steam (Cherry Tree High Comedy Club, Ether Vapor Remaster) and Greenlight (Croixleur, War of the Human Tanks)

I encourage adding Yatagarasu and if you like it help fund the indiegogo

since this is the Steam thread:

yu4mvjD.png

these are the games that are on Steam (Cherry Tree High Comedy Club, Ether Vapor Remaster) and Greenlight (Croixleur, War of the Human Tanks)

I encourage adding Yatagarasu and if you like it help fund the indiegogo

War of the Human Tanks was in a Bundle befor. Cant remember in wich one.

Gogo_ZvC

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread.

Anyone willing to trade for their Borderlands 2 Season Pass? I missed it for $10 on Steam and don't have the money to purchase it > $20 right now, but would very much love to play it right now heh.

Can offer The Walking Dead and ~20 Steam Trading Cards.

MNC

Spelunky > isaac > spelunky

!

So, i played inmomentum for about 1.5hr and oromptly deleted it afterwards. Its a bad mirrors edge with a fancy art style and pretty bad mechanics. Basically you jump/walljump through a course of abstract floating shapes to get the best time/gather orbs. And thats it. The singleplayer is multiplayer, solo and offline, which is the same race mode but with powerups and multiple racers, online.

Jumps and walljumps often didn't register and multiplayer is DEAD. Tried a few levels in solo and thought hey, why not get all the achievements until i saw half of them are meant for the dead multiplayer.

I guess its a game that means well at its core but is just executed poorly. 2 Faiths out of 5.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Time to idle the shit out of some kawaii games.

EDIT: Part of me hopes that Magical Diary shows up as the other bonus. I spite gifted it to a friend who told me about how amazingly horrible their life in that game went and I almost want to see if it's real.

Tak3n

Banned
I dont want to get both so can I get some recommendations for Spelunmy or Guacamelee..

Both look good....

My concerns about Spelunky are that is looks rock hard, I read a review last night and it said you can spend hours and not get anywhere, but I prefer the style I think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom