• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
capturewkkyj.png

Still too high?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
you motherfucker go back and put that for $1.68

you're ruining it for everyone

Actually he's being smart. When you have a sudden influx of cards like this undercutting gets crazy fast. Been there done that. When prices are over a dollar you need to be quite discounted compared to the card above you if you want a chance to sell fast. Not much demand for cards these days so it doesn't take much supply to tank them. Reality is most people won't be lucky enough to sell their cards for more than a fraction of what they started it as in cases like this.

I had people pull the same shit with me and leave me a message for listing an emoticon dollars below the next highest one. Mine sold, theirs never did.

Edit: What I mean is everyone could decide to price fix and leave them at $1+ but you're only gonna see a handful of people sell theirs in a day vs. quick sales for everyone at a cheaper price. And since prices are gonna bottom out anyway you want to be one of those lucky people selling in the middle somewhere than being stubborn and leaving it to rot at a high price until you have to relist it for 10c.

oipic

This thread continually delivers - I love you guys (disclaimer: medicated, bit delirious at present). Things to do, thanks to you all:

- order one of those rechargable 360 battery pack things (5 bucks!) - thanks for pointing these out, Salsa - you're a gem.

- deeply consider buying Unepic (again) - it looks terrific. I've nearly bought it a few times, but baulked due to... I don't know, too many other games, and the related guilt, I suppose.

- buy the two games (that I admittedly know ZERO about) in that Doujin bundle that have Steam keys - just because; then later, speculatively, grab the ones on Greenlight, too.

- convince myself that I need Spelunky - I get the feeling I'll be the uncool kid in the room if I don't pick this up immediately. I know that I should know this already (again: medicated), but how 'twitchy' is it? Is it more puzzly than, say, Isaac-twitchy-based?

Firehead

Salsa's baller. How baller? So baller. Thanks for the Cherry Tree High Comedy Club and Ether Vapor Remaster.

Gonna get my kawaii on like a fuckin'
Horse

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Ether Vapor cards are dropping a little more slowly. I guess everyone went for Cherry Tree idling first.

"It seems that Sara doesnt like Sports. It was an awkward conversation."

"You feel closer to Sarah now."

Awkward conversation results in a better relationship. Thats very realistic.

wilflare

I asked the Nyu Media guys whether those who bought the Doujin Bundle will get Steam keys when the games are greenlit... They said they don't want the games to DOA due to bundle sales :/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I asked the Nyu Media guys whether those who bought the Doujin Bundle will get Steam keys when the games are greenlit... They said they don't want the games to DOA due to bundle sales :/

That's a first. Well, I have absolutely zero interest in the games themselves, so I suppose I'll be skipping it.

wilflare

wat

i'll cut them

My BlackBerry can't copy the link to the tweet... So here's wat they said in verbatim

Previous tweet was on me asking them whether we'll get keys once Croixleur gets greenlit.

@nyumedia: @wilflare Sorry, no. Croixleur has the best shot at getting through Steam Greenlight & we don't want it to arrive DOA due to bundle sales.

Wok

yeah these cards just aint selling and everyone's undercutting every minute

they'll be 0.15 by the time they sell

It is the same people who undercut each other. If you look at the quantity of available cards, it is the same: about 30 cards of each kind. I am waiting for the market to crash and buy all the 15 undercut cards for 2 cents, and relist them all for 1 dollar.

Salsa

My BlackBerry can't copy the link to the tweet... So here's wat they said in verbatim

Previous tweet was on me asking them whether we'll get keys once Croixleur gets greenlit.

that's just mad dumb

if that gets out they'll sell way less bundles. Games that arrive on Steam after bundle sales still make a lot of money. This was their best chance at getting through greenlight

dumb devs be dumb

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
No, but other developers do hand out Steam keys if their games are greenlit. I've never bought a non-Steam game I didn't care for (well, except for Minecraft).

A good point, I'm still completely confused as to why they're so against getting them on steam.

It just... doesn't make any sense. Have these people not seen the paperwork on the disease known as "Steam or no buy"? This'll hurt their case getting through and be a huge dick move on everyone who chipped in this bundle.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Because everyone is trying to turn a profit rather than make badges for the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom