• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Nobody buys my foils. I've had one on the market since before the Steam sale.

It took me two weeks to sell my Defender's Quest foil and for a good portion of that it was the only one available. It eventually sold for ~$8 (~$5), IIRC.

Kangaroos are the rats of Australia, aren't they.

Nope, I heard that would be funnel web spiders, they also replace cockroaches ;). I had a friend in Sidney with a covered pool, one summer he told me that he removed the lid and found the entire thing littered with dead Sidney funnel webs :).

Nabs

Putting furniture together while waiting for Boss summons in Dark Souls, tis a good way to spend an afternoon.

tumblr_mgoqmgIIUx1qh28qoo1_500.gif

Karu

Hey!
Thinkinh about picking up DuckTales next week, though I have some questions...

Length?
Difficulty?
Exploration?

Now that King of Fighters is coming to Steam... Does that mean the Halo trilogy are the last games from the special list that were scheduled to come to Steam?

Salsa

im gonna move the TV kick back in my bed and run big picture for the first time in like 2 months

is it still potentially great but super clunky

JaseC

Now that King of Fighters is coming to Steam... Does that mean the Halo trilogy are the last games from the special list that were scheduled to come to Steam?

Microsoft has nothing to do with KOF and Halo's listings were made private earlier in the year, so there'll be no news on that front until MS decides to announce something.

Tenrius

im gonna move the TV kick back in my bed and run big picture for the first time in like 2 months

is it still potentially great but super clunky

It's not that clunky anymore, but it's missing out on some features the normal Steam library has, most notably categories (a BIG miss for me) or the news articles.

Karu

Did you play the NES one?

It's changed a bit from the original. Not a lot, though.
No, I haven't. That's probably the main reason I asked. Since there are currently so many great games with an 15$ price point coming out, I don't wanna buy a game that might be good, but at the end of the day could "just" ride on the nostalgia train.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Just wanted to say that Trion Worlds is shady as fuck. I registered my Steam copy of Rift and made an account there at the beginning of June. Just noticed I was charged $14.99 July 7th and August 7th, for a free to play game. You'd think a F2P game would not auto renew you as paying after your free 30 days, but what do I know.

Obviously this is why they make you tie a payment method to activate your 30 days, so hopefully you won't notice their shady bullshit charges. I've e-mailed them for a refund, obviously, since I haven't even logged into their service once.

/vent

o8Ajg00.png

aOboXg9.png

Nope, I heard that would be funnel web spiders, they also replace cockroaches ;). I had a friend in Sidney with a covered pool, one summer he told me that he removed the lid and found the entire thing littered with dead Sidney funnel webs :).

Wait. Aren't funnel web spiders super nasty?

Jesus, that whole continent wants all the people on it dead.

JaseC

Wait. Aren't funnel web spiders super nasty?

Jesus, that whole continent wants all the people on it dead.

There are no funnel webs here in WA, fortunately. Probably because we're so far away from the other states and they simply haven't finished their pilgrimage yet. :p

No, I haven't. That's probably the main reason I asked. Since there are currently so many great games with an 15$ price point coming out, I don't wanna buy a game that might be good, but at the end of the day could "just" ride on the nostalgia train.

It's a good platformer, but as far as exploration, it's not, say, an RPG. There are hidden rooms and treasures and stuff.

Firehead

Just wanted to say that Trion Worlds is shady as fuck. I registered my Steam copy of Rift and made an account there at the beginning of June. Just noticed I was charged $14.99 July 7th and August 7th, for a free to play game. You'd think a F2P game would not auto renew you as paying after your free 30 days, but what do I know.

Obviously this is why they make you tie a payment method to activate your 30 days, so hopefully you won't notice their shady bullshit charges. I've e-mailed them for a refund, obviously, since I haven't even logged into their service once.

/vent

aOboXg9.png

Yeah, that sounds like most subscription to F2P games. Gotta be careful with that shit. :/

Beautiful. :')

nexen

There are no funnel webs here in WA, fortunately. Probably because we're so far away from the other states and they simply haven't finished their pilgrimage yet. :p

I'd pay good money for a mean funnel web spider.

edit: do they hiss? I want a hissing spider. I keep kicking myself for not buying a king baboon a few years ago. Thing was a monster.

Salsa

/vent

o8Ajg00.png

aOboXg9.png

oh wow

:/

crying.gif

Wow my account finally got approved. Sup Steam GAF? I have been watching you from afar for a very long time.

Here is some free candy:

Wasteland Angel | Steam Key: NHZX0-F0A4M-NI57C
Tank Universal | Steam Key: RCVZI-5IA8R-DYA5L

Just a reminder, Kof is a very tough to play fighting game and is not beginner friendly or brimming with content.

It also previously had netcode that made MK9 look amazing.

Ifrit

Really hoping there's a workaround for people who bought GFWL dlc if they decide to remove GFWL DRM from Bioshock and the Batman games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom