• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

we all know what'll be Steam's real test

4580.gif

ibfumz81jvoma6.gif

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Just a reminder, Kof is a very tough to play fighting game and is not beginner friendly or brimming with content.
In other words, welcome to SNK.

Thank you, I was just going to ask whether it was worth it for a fighting game noob.
It is perfect for one. I mean don't get me wrong, I love all the wacky MK hijinks too, but it is for the refreshing down to earth feel. Playing all these sugared up fighters with their wuss modes and rewards for nothing won't ever bring a scrub into a real appreciation of the genre. There is no shortcut, just like there is no shortcut to learning how to make proper turns in racers. But once you know how they work, they offer something beautiful, and people learning that just like prior generations did is the last hope of the genre.

But can we get VF now Sega? Please?
I'm kind of surprised this hasn't happened as Sega has been so cool lately. I mean I'd even take VF3.

Fireblend

Banned
cant decide whether to start spelunky or guacamelee first.

I don't really see Spelunky as a game you "finish", it's more of a game to play in short bursts
of 4 hours until you throw your controller against a wall in frustration
. I don't see how you couldn't handle both at the same time, since Guacamelee does have a clear sense of progression and a clear ending, afaik.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Warm up on Skullgirls, get that first hit in ya veins. Then move on to KOFXIII. Or make a pitstop at Super/Ultra (next year) Street Fighter IV before moving on to SNK's brutally honest fighting.

Salsa

But once you know how they work, they offer something beautiful, and people learning that just like prior generations did is the last hope of the genre.

I keep seeing this opinion tossed around; there's no need for a "last hope for the genre". Post-SFIV is the best place fighting games have ever been outside of arcade boom in japan.

Im relaxed

Freezard

So I've played Sonic Racing for 3,5 hours now (I guess it only counts the actual racing) and finished all the missions and done a little grand prix and time trial. It's a really sweet racing game but I don't think I'll be playing it much more. Gathering SEGA Miles to unlock stuff just takes too long, there's no online so all I can do is pretty much time trials. I probably would have done that if there actually were leaderboards on PC and if you didn't have to do a dummy lap each time to get up speed. A shame really, Transformed better have online and leaderboards on PC.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
So I've played Sonic Racing for 3,5 hours now (I guess it only counts the actual racing) and finished all the missions and done a little grand prix and time trial. It's a really sweet racing game but I don't think I'll be playing it much more. Gathering SEGA Miles to unlock stuff just takes too long, there's no online so all I can do is pretty much time trials. I probably would have done that if there actually were leaderboards on PC and if you didn't have to do a dummy lap each time to get up speed. A shame really, Transformed better have online and leaderboards on PC.

Transformed is superior in every way man. Has online and leaderboards, and is hella fun. People should just skip Sonic Racing. It's also less than $4 in a 4-pack from GMG at the moment, which is a steal.

so, i love renegade ops on xbox, but the thing about the game is that it's a million times fun with online players. but it's hard to find coop people. anybody have it on steam? is the online totally dead or if i bought it would i be able to find a random coop team every once in a while? how is it on pc anyway, anything diff from the console version? i'd double dip if i knew the game wasn't a total ghostland

Grief.exe

Microsoft has nothing to do with KOF and Halo's listings were made private earlier in the year, so there'll be no news on that front until MS decides to announce something.

Gamescom is keeping my hopes alive. According to the website, Microsoft has a PC presence there.

The only thing holding back that line of thinking is the XB1 release is right around the corner from Gamescom. Going by precedent, Microsoft wouldn't likely promote PC games.

Cth

3 more games til I reach 200 :D

Spelunky and Guacamole for sure tomorrow.

Debating on Papers Please since I had the beta/demo.

Just picked up three more from the Groupees bundle (first time using Groupees!).

fighters megamix >>>> any virtua fighter game. SEGA is such a tease rereleasing VF2 and fighting vipers on consoles but not megamix, and not on PC. that said even just playing vipers online was amazing for the...one week it had a community....of japanese dudes.

Salsa

you just know someone's gonna put a TF2 character in a fighting game's steam version and that's gonna be hilarious

even if its just a skin swap

Gbraga

Naruto Storm 3 will probably look really damn good as well with proper anti aliasing and 60fps for those great animations.

Guilty Gear is another level of 3D anime visuals though. Can't wait for next gen anime games.

Freezard

Transformed is superior in every way man. Has online and leaderboards, and is hella fun. People should just skip Sonic Racing. It's also less than $4 in a 4-pack from GMG at the moment, which is a steal.

Yeah I'll just move on to Transformed soon. But it doesn't have the same tracks or music so gonna play a bit more :)

fantomena

So whats left on that huge leak list? Because Halo 3 sure looks like its coming up soon.

Lococycle, Halo (1,2,3) from MS. But since MS has left GFWL for Steamworks, I think they will come out on Steam, some day.

Edit: Almost forgot Rise of Nations alwso leake din the registry shortly after AoE released.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I would take Gears 1-3 over Halo 1-3.

Gears co-op is bro-tastic and the currently available releases for Halo 1/2 (the versions most likely to be used) have no co-op functionality.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Naruto Storm 3 will probably look really damn good as well with proper anti aliasing and 60fps for those great animations.

Guilty Gear is another level of 3D anime visuals though. Can't wait for next gen anime games.
Yeah PC is going to be so much better for them with proper AA and downscaling. It's also nice because it isn't just game developers thinking it would be best to translate things into polygons. A lot of artistic understanding about how to do it right has come from development of anime itself being made in 3D. It was pretty rough at first but now it is getting nice just in time for gaming hardware and APIs to handle it just as well. Pretty cool how it's working out.

Skullgirls is so damn awesome.
I honestly didn't pay much attention to it, so the amount of personality and detail in it was really astonishing playing the beta. It's so full and cohesive despite having so much variety. Reminds me of Darkstalkers.

Addnan

I would take Gears 1-3 over Halo 1-3.

Gears co-op is bro-tastic and the currently available releases for Halo 1/2 (the versions most likely to be used) have no co-op functionality.

Yes. Gears 2 and 3 in 60fps would be amazing. 1 is already on PC, but would love s steam release.

Gbraga

Yeah PC is going to be so much better for them with proper AA and downscaling. It's also nice because it isn't just game developers thinking it would be best to translate things into polygons. A lot of artistic understanding about how to do it right has come from development of anime itself being made in 3D. It was pretty rough at first but now it is getting nice just in time for gaming hardware and APIs to handle it just as well. Pretty cool how it's working out.

I honestly didn't pay much attention to it, so the amount of personality and detail in it was really astonishing playing the beta. It's so full and cohesive despite having so much variety. Reminds me of Darkstalkers.

Man, I really miss anime games, even if not that much visually, but in tone. X looks like a freaking awesome anime game, and it's not cel shaded or something like that (at least I think it isn't). Specially now that we have godlike particles on consoles again, this gen was pretty bad for particles, and they make a big difference for exagerated shounen anime games.

Momentary

Banned
Why is August doing this to my Wallet...

Already bought Papers, Please, Rayman Legends, Castlevania, Dragon Commander....

Now I have to get Guac, Spelunky, AND KOF XIII.

This whole Japan staying away from PC is coming to an end, and by 2 years, I say, we're going to have a huge influx of former console only JP releases and Doujin games hitting Steam.

Since I don't care about exclusives... the new consoles are dead on arrival for me because of this.

Gbraga

Why is August doing this to my Wallet...

Already bought Papers, Please, Rayman Legends, Castlevania, Dragon Commander....

Now I have to get Guac, Spelunky, AND KOF XIII.

This whole Japan staying away from PC is coming to an end, and by the 2 years, I say, we're going to have a huge influx of former console only JP releases and Doujin games hitting Steam.

Since I don't care about exclusives... the new consoles are dead on arrival for me because of this.

Man, I hope so. I'm buying KID on PS3 anyway, but it'd be so fucking good to have it at 60fps on PC. Japanese games are pretty much the only reason to buy consoles imo, if they all start coming out on PC, it'll be great.

Sure, there are still some incredible first party Sony titles as well, but I could wait until said console is cheap and play them all. Nintendo got me with Platinum and Monolith though, I'll definitely buy a WiiU as soon as X comes out.

Damn, only need $0.30 to have my goal of $10 wallet. Come on, Steam community, buy my cards! Sometimes, I'm lucky, sometimes I'm not

Edit: woo hoo! $10.16! I had 7.31 last night!
I found the best way to get faster sales is to list cards and then remove them after a while, then re-list them. Every time I did that, I'd get a sale or two within ten, fifteen minutes

Turfster

I found the best way to get faster sales is to list cards and then remove them after a while, then re-list them. Every time I did that, I'd get a sale or two within ten, fifteen minutes

Are you one of those people that keep undercutting the current lowest card, because if you are, you and mr broken bottle here need to have a little talk =p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom