• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the art of that game but from what I gather it's about you having to guess japanese folklore creatures' names based on their habits and other clues before you can kill them. Sort of like in the Mononoke anime. Doesn't sound much fun given that I don't know shit about those creatures.

The creatures are just common items, the point is they come alive and you have to kill them. That part is mostly a naming game, where you find the name of the item you kill, like a fork or a pot.

Here is my earlier post about it:

Another new game I tried is 99 Spirits. There is already a thread about it.

Here is me getting beaten by some teapot or something:
qoavzsS.jpg

Quake1028

Hoping for $13.50 on Guacamelee and Spelunky. Papers, Please seems interesting but it will be the casualty, especially with DuckTales in less than a week.

Fireblend

Banned
I haven't played Audiosurf in years, but I remember it being great fun. One of the games the opened the indie game floodgates on Steam, IMO.

fantomena

Installing DOTA 2 now. Tried it a while ago when it was in beta, was waaaaaay to difficulty and died just a couple of seconds after I attacked something.

Don't do that. It takes significantly more time for cards to drop if your idling in multiple games, so much so that it's faster to idle in games individually.

Should be noted that the more you have open, the slower the rate goes. I usually try to do 2-3 games at a time so it doesn't slow down toooo much.
Thanks for the advice. So now I have only two. Hopefully I sell enough cards today to reach 9.99 in my wallet, Only need a $1.22 to go

fantomena

Super House of Dead Ninjas cards are selling good. Sold 2 cards for 0,19€ each.

Got 41,44€ from cards now. Will use it on Spelunky tommorrow and maybe Ducktales if the reviews and impressions are good. Kinda reminds me of Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams. Spelunky is still a must-buy.

Like like you need to read a guide!

Yeah...

derExperte

Just looking at CDDiski, Remember Me is marked as requiring VPN activation.

But looking at SteamDB, it's just a standard worldwide release so surely it would redeem fine without needing VPN?

http://steamdb.info/search/?a=app&q=remember+me

Activating a game and playing it are two different things. You might need VPN for one but not the other.

And Remember Me has a Russian version, you're not looking at the right place. Click on the game, then 'Packages'. http://steamdb.info/sub/27500/

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Got 41,44€ from cards now. Will use it on Spelunky tommorrow and maybe Ducktales if the reviews and impressions are good.

I would've much rather had a remake of The Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse. Great game, way better than Ducktales.

DagsJT

Activating a game and playing it are two different things. You might need VPN for one but not the other.

And Remember Me has a Russian version, you're not looking at the right place. Click on the game, then 'Packages'. http://steamdb.info/sub/27500/

So looking at that section, it doesn't mention only allowing to run in specific countries, just purchase. So VPN needed to activate, but will load without VPN afterwards ... right?

HoosTrax

I would've much rather had a remake of The Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse. Great game, way better than Ducktales.
For a minute there, I thought you were talking about some alternate version of Fantasia.

My excuse is that I only owned Sega systems as a kid.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I like the art of that game but from what I gather it's about you having to guess japanese folklore creatures' names based on their habits and other clues before you can kill them. Sort of like in the Mononoke anime. Doesn't sound much fun given that I don't know shit about those creatures.
Nah, it's not that obscure. The "creatures' names" are basically just common English words—I think the plot explanation is that the creatures are haunting these mundane objects and you have to name the object in order to drive them out.

I have a peripheral interest in it, but it seems like the difficulty could be way too low for anyone who is a native English speaker over the age of ten or so.

Cheddahz

Banned
Audiosurf is pretty great, probably one of my favorite games to play when I download a new album and I want to listen to it for the first time

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Inquisitor is now on Steam? Didn't see that coming. Impressions I heard were mixed, but it still looks worth checking out.

Seems it is. I remember them saying GOG owners would be able to get a Steam key, so I suppose it's time for me to figure out how.

capturebmxcc.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Inquisitor is now on Steam? Didn't see that coming. Impressions I heard were mixed, but it still looks worth checking out.

Seems RU copies are around half price (using the base prices as reference). I'm tempted.

Cth

Drop the Beat is pretty meh. Audiosurf rules.

Can you "fail" at Audiosurf?

Meaning, will the game stop if you miss too many notes?

The reason I'm asking is that my daughter will likely want to play and I was thinking of something that wouldn't be frustrating as a result.

Also, I suck at music note games (ala Guitar Hero).

Cth

Super House of Dead Ninjas cards are selling good. Sold 2 cards for 0,19€ each.

Got 41,44€ from cards now. Will use it on Spelunky tommorrow and maybe Ducktales if the reviews and impressions are good. Kinda reminds me of Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams. Spelunky is still a must-buy.

Yeah...

Kairo is (was?) selling decent.. I got .40-.60 for singles.. booster is at 6.00.

Not bad if you picked it up cheap during the Summer Sale. I think it's back up to 9.99.

JaseC

How are you buying from the Russian store?

Oh, I'm not doing so directly: there's GAF's favourite middle man (Dunder) or trading sites such as TF2 Outpost and Steam Trades. Purchasing through Dunder, though, tends to be a little cheaper for me than dealing with traders myself.

JaseC

It's $6 currently, so only $3 less than the current US price.

Oh, I meant using the base prices on Steam US and elsewhere as reference but comparing to the RU store's discounted prices. ;) 179 rubles is ~USD$5.40.

Kangaroos are the rats of Australia, aren't they.

I live in a coastal town and haven't seen one hopping about in yonks. They tend to stick to the bush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom