• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just put in Steam Funds.

Can't pre-order and buy what I wanted to because it's a new credit card.

BUT HOW WILL PEOPLE KNOW I BEAT TORCHLIGHT 2????

We're getting closer to indiepocalypse

bunny-o.gif

I don't know, it looks kind of trite to me.

I mean, it could be a solid game, but it does look like they went through an "indie platformers" checklist and marked a few off.

I know what you mean. We are certainly seeing more and more "AAA" indie games these days. Hardcore/Metroidvania/16 bit is the new cover mechanics/coop/visceral.

Still doesn't mean it can't be really good though.

Quickly, someone trade ma Torchlight 2 badge!

I'm frothing at the mouthhhhhh

no, not really. It's nowhere near that disturbing.

But August 14th. Man. They really take their sweet time.

denx

Steam users:
"When is TimeShift going to be a Daily?"

Acti:
tumblr_mksz8rmjxx1qb6rtklq.gif

Its general sale discount of 25% is the best deal you're likely to see.

I've pretty much resigned myself to the idea that I'll have to buy Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines at 20-15 dollars. :(

No effing way I'll buy Fall of Cybertron at full price though.

I've pretty much resigned myself to the idea that I'll have to buy Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines at 20-15 dollars. :(

Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines is one of the best games ever, worth it any price.

Both of those games have been on sale, recently, IIRC. Vampire has been as low as $5 and Fall of Cybertron was $20 last month.

denx

Both of those games have been on sale, recently, IIRC. Vampire has been as low as $5 and Fall of Cybertron was $20 last month.

I missed the Flash Seal for Transformers. :(

I can't remember the last time Vampire was in sale. May be because I don't visit Steam everyday (please don't hurt me)

Also I'd like to remark that TI3 and Salty Bet are absolutely dreadful for backlog clearing.

dani_dc

CoD4, a game 3 years old on a franchise that re-releases the same game with improvements every year, is 7,50? Fuck that shit.

That's like buying Madden 2009.

I got COD4:MW today with this deal, and so far I'm enjoying it more than MW2 (which I finished twice) and Black Ops (which I started a couple week ago, played a few hours and haven't finished yet).

So far I would say that the newer the game is, the less open-designed the levels are, instead they're more linear and scripted with less ways of approaching the level itself.

Black Ops has been especially unbearable with it's level design, cutscenes and scripted scenes.

This was because Acti backed out of the $20 $15 Black Ops + MW2 bundle at the last minute, IIRC.

No, it was on sale for $5 before the bundle, I recall as much since I was considering the bundle just for Black Ops seeing as I had gotten MW2 earlier on Amazon for $5.

Caerith

Bloodlines has been $5 like a million times. It's even infamous for it, since the first time it went on sale for $5 was like two days after a big Steam sale where everyone was "OMG Bloodlines is never on sale so quickly spend like $15 on this -25% sale going on!"

MikeDown

Banned
Saints Row 3 is a pretty nice looking game now that I can max out all the settings comfortably.
there are some parts that look pretty great, while other parts look pretty terrible as far as textures go. I think it would have been neat to see a cell shaded version of saints row, like PoP 2008, except not quite as fully blown.

Salsa

I never finished RE5, im gonna plow through that before playing Revelations

also, I just found out there's a splitscreen mod, since the unused code for that's all in there

iirc its two awful boxes with a lot of black space tho so not even worth it

Milamber

also, I just found out there's a splitscreen mod, since the unused code for that's all in there

Rotate your monitor to vertical?

Caerith

I beat it so I want the badge.

I beat it this morning.

Having the badge on the 14th does me no favors.
Ah, I gotcha. I just started playing again recently as fluff between games that need more serious time dedication, and I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing anymore. I just hit level 30, but most of the areas I go to drop gear for level 38+, and everything dies really fast (including me, it's a really thin line between "walking avatar of destruction" and "walking back from town").

I take it you enjoyed the game?

Laurake

Neo Member
I asked this a few pages ago but anyone have any thoughts on Jack Keane? I was wondering if it was worth picking up before the weekly deals end.

Bought this for my wife last time it was 75% off. She's really liking it. She devours all point and click adventure type games and yet she's really picky. She's enjoying this one and told me I should get her the sequel when it drops in price. For $2.49 you can't go wrong.

catabarez

I'm down for some RE5 coop :p

Any news on the halo front or are we waiting for gamescom hoping for some news?

No news yet. I remember someone posted a bunch of 2560x1440 screenshots of Halo 3 onto /v/ a month or two ago claiming it's coming soon, but that's about it. Nothing official.

People are hoping on gamescom, yeah.

I've never played or bought a Splinter Cell. Wonder if I should start now?
Chaos Theory is the shit. It is a stealth masterpiece. My favorite stealth game ever. IMO Double Agent on PS2 is actually better gameplay-wise than the PS3/PC version, less day time missions, the HQ missions are regular sneaking with gadgets

I enjoyed Conviction as an action stealth game, but Blacklist seems like it's a return to form. Nothing beats shadow-based stealth. Unfortunately I'm passing on Blacklist and saving for GTA V

Milamber

The first ones were great, the last ones not so much.
Chaos Theory is the shit. It is a stealth masterpiece. My favorite stealth game ever. IMO Double Agent on PS2 is actually better gameplay-wise than the PS3/PC version, less day time missions, the HQ missions are regular sneaking with gadgets

I enjoyed Conviction as an action stealth game, but Blacklist seems like it's a return to form. Nothing beats shadow-based stealth. Unfortunately I'm passing on Blacklist and saving for GTA V
Looks like I'll be getting these during the Autumn/Halloween/Winter Sales. Thanks.

BJK

Raised my Steam Level to 10; time to start raking in the booster packs (right?).

...now I have a Sequence coupon burning a hole in my pocket.
(Feep's gonna get paid - slightly more than he would have if I had just bought the game during the steam sale!)

Acorn

Man Dishonoured is such a pretty game. I played through it on 360 at release but I didn't appreciate the art fully until I maxed it on pc.

Raised my Steam Level to 10; time to start raking in the booster packs (right?).

Good luck with that. I got my first booster pack when I was level 8, used the cards I got from it to craft a badge which also got me the Level 2 Community Badge and got me to Level 10. That was about a month ago. Been on Steam almost everyday and haven't seen another booster pack since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom