• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Sorry if it has already been answered, but does anybody know the price of Spelunky?

It is written in the post just above yours.

Sorry if it has already been answered, but does anybody know the price of Guacamelee?

08/08/2013 - Spelunky - Platformer - Microsoft/Mossmouth - $14.99
DGaGzkv.jpg

08/08/2013 - Guacamelee! Gold Edition - Platformer - Drinkbox/Drinkbox - $14.99
uO5LKg2.jpg

08/08/2013 - Papers, Please - Simulation - Lucas Pope/Lucas Pope - $9.99
DGaGzkv.jpg
Reference: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=75257755&postcount=15179

We would already know if it were the case for Spelunky. For Guacamelee, there is still hope.

http://spelunkyworld.com/cominghome/

Spelunky will launch on Steam and GOG, followed shortly by the Humble Store.

After Paypals currency conversion the saving is not even that great.

I looked it up and i saved 1.50€ on Papers, please. Not a big deal. But every penny counts because 2 big indie titles + Ducktales (I already have Payday 2) are on my gonna-buy list.

I'll let you know if I can get it any cheaper from RU

Very kind of you.

dot

im gonna do RE5, then Revelations, then buy RE6 on winter sales

I played a bit of the Leon QTE fest on a friend's 360 and yeeeeah..

Which Leon QTE fest? The prologue? I think the only time QTEs were obnoxious in the game was in the beginning and at the very end. And even then the whole QTE thing was overblown, they weren't that bad or frequent.

*pops in to defend Resident Evil 6, also known as the best, most complex action game of the generation, and then leaves to slumber*

But really, RE5 is awfully generic although still fun but RE6 really has the best gameplay systems of the generation aside from Vanquish

Agreed. I honestly like it better than 5.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
RE5 and 6 were great. I also never played them without sitting in the same room with my co-op partner. Probably adds quite a bit to the fun factor. RE6 mercenaries is legit great, though.

Addnan

GMG has a higher base price than steam for quite a few games in the UK making the vouchers pointless :/. Would have bought Batman with 20% off £29.99.

jediyoshi

*pops in to defend Resident Evil 6, also known as the best, most complex action game of the generation, and then leaves to slumber*

But really, RE5 is awfully generic although still fun but RE6 really has the best gameplay systems of the generation aside from Vanquish

5413541o4jtt.gif

sogood

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I don't get it. So RE6 is now considered good?
It has been awesome since I started playing it. It not only took everything about the franchise a few natural steps forward in every aspect, it innovates the genre itself with its gameplay systems and design in online play. It's genius.

jediyoshi

Is she... sliding on her butt?

Yeah it's a weird habit. You can move on the ground and usually you move in larger increments, unless it's forward where you just scoot slowly. Depending on what direction you're holding, you 'get up' in that direction as well.

I don't get it. So RE6 is now considered good?

It's fine in all modes that don't include story, which tends to be my relationship with the series anyway.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
2 hours into RE5

I really dont know why I disliked it so much at release. I guess cause it didnt live up to RE4 nor the pre-release info, also dumb sheva AI.

but other than that, its great

CA3F745D314079E38130CAF54C1A674307FDFB94

based MT framework

I recall one GAFer, ardently defending RE5 in some thread, saying that Sheva's AI actually improves if your indulge her requests. It strikes me as highly unlikely, though.

Acccent

Well how do you scoot forward while laying on your back and reloading a sniper rifle?

duh obviously:
iziB57zM3J5BB.gif

Seriously though, it doesn't look bad and it's probably a good thing to be able to move while lying down gameplay-wise, but I still think it's hilarious

Acccent

also c'mon guys no game beats vanquish

I actually think that while Vanquish looks absolutely fantastic and friggin cool, its design is a huge mess and full of contradictions. It was one of my biggest disappointments of this gen.

@Nillansan: ah, okay. completely went under my radar.

JaseC

Vanquish has some of the most awful voice acting I have ever heard, but there's no denying it controls like a dream.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm still sad about the lack of a Star Wars franchise pack daily deal during the Summer Sale. Hopefully it'll happen soon, but Disney...

EDIT: sorry, wrong thread. Looks like I mistakenly stepped into the PS3 appreciation thread :p

JakeD

seeing that spelunky list has me wondering...if your game sells on GOG, steam and the humble store, then what is the point of having steamworks DRM in the steam version?

JaseC

seeing that spelunky list has me wondering...if your game sells on GOG, steam and the humble store, then what is the point of having steamworks DRM in the steam version?

The only logical explanation is that some don't realise CEG is optional. To my knowledge there are just three Steamworks games that are DRM-free on Steam: Divinity: Dragon Commander, Scribblenauts Unlimited and Super Meat Boy.

JakeD

Cards, achievements, cloud save and other useless features :)

oh i understand the point of getting the steam version, but is it possible to have those things function with Steam, but have it work like the GOG version without steam running?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom