• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firehead

AC2 is the best easily, didnt even liked brohood that much

probably, but i'll give it a fair chance at this point

also I just bought this:

http://cdn.steamcommunity.com/economy/image/MoYCfbT0gDwT554LKfUQforKyMzwhI58xylNEc0TWNn7jTWG7ejGLrM-gvUPlV70h9_R36XGzGTMJFAJzBBZ3vaJJsbz4NUssmPO8xbfQPPNjIyI-Z2RPsQpFkWABk_dotZ22vu11njhItb7B4hIudSHjYj4yZQilC5HFtQCG4S0kCuO/360fx360f[IMG]

for 20 cents

in my defense this is the second emoticon i've ever bought, and I dont feel so bad buying the useful ones

shut up[/QUOTE]

The first one you bought was :horse:, right? Right?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
So i recently got Civ 5 Gold Edition from the steam sales. I started at 3am on a night i couldn't seem to sleep, 6 hours later and i'm late for work.
I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT

I'm avoiding playing Civ until I get a couple days of work off to make sure this doesn't happen to me. I've been late too often.

Prophane33

So, what's the word on Teleglitch? I was saving up card money for Rogue Legacy, but I saw this game was released today and it looks pretty neat. I think it may scratch a similar itch and only cost me a buck and some change out of pocket. Plus, I noticed it was published by Paradox which makes it something I'll pick up eventually anyway.

Salsa

the setting is actually the only thing that makes me wanna try 3

I mean I like the previous one, but I was done with it after 1 game

Retne

I've been having a pretty game packed week. Been jamming away on both XCOM and Rogue Legacy.

Tonight though I felt like having a burger and a beer while relaxing and saw Kentucky Route Zero was still on sale. Naturally I picked it up and soaked it in while I sipped and munched away.

Man that game is crazy atmospheric. I feel a little out of it after playing into the 4th part of the first act. Definitely something I have to be in the right mood for but a great experience.

I'm glad I still have a bit of the game to go before I'm left hanging. I think I'll drag it out a little bit. Also I highly recommend forcing AA on the game. It's super jaggy without it but once you force the AA on it looks smooth as silk.

Grief.exe

I've been having a pretty game packed week. Been jamming away on both XCOM and Rogue Legacy.

Tonight though I felt like having a burger and a beer while relaxing and saw Kentucky Route Zero was still on sale. Naturally I picked it up and soaked it in while I sipped and munched away.

Man that game is crazy atmospheric. I feel a little out of it after playing into the 4 part of the first act. Definitely something I have to be in the right mood for but a great experience.

I'm glad I still have a bit of the game to go before I'm left hanging. I think I'll drag it out a little bit. Also I highly recommend forcing AA on the game. It's super jaggy without it but once you force the AA on it looks smooth as silk.

That sounds really awesome actually.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What's the over/under on Black Flag's weapon wheel being even more cumbersome?

Of the three games since AssCreed 2, Brotherhood is the only one that didn't suffer from asinine, misguided changes or additions, so the odds certainly lean in favour of the weapon menu being worse.

I'm looking forward to Black Flag despite loathing almost every minute of 3.

tumblr_mkfru7uixo1rmynhuu7.gif

As much as your obsession disturbs me, this is really the best response to that.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
If you loathed 3, why didn't you just roll through the campaign in like the 15 hours required to beat it if you just go mission to mission?

JaseC

As much as your obsession disturbs me, this is really the best response to that.

I thought so, too. ;)

If you loathed 3, why didn't you just roll through the campaign in like the 15 hours required to beat it if you just go mission to mission?

When I play through a game, I like to be thorough. I even completed the utterly ridiculous side-mission where you had to herd a bunch of insolent pigs.

I asked a while back but I'll try again.

I'm moving my Steam games to a new PC, moving the SteamApps folder will include my savegames? I ask because yesterday I read some posts in the thread about gamesave-manager but I thought that moving the SteamApps folder takes care of everything, savegames included.

Thanks.

I like don't understand how people can like AC2 triology but loathe AC3?

I enjoyed AC2 but I also loathe it.

It is one of those games that I liked playing through, but after I kind of want the hours of my life back. I preemptively hated AC3 to save myself the trouble of going through that again.

JaseC

I asked a while back but I'll try again.

I'm moving my Steam games to a new PC, moving the SteamApps folder will include my gamesaves? I ask because yesterday I read some posts in the thread about gamesave-manager but I thought that moving the SteamApps folder takes care of everything, savegames included.

Thanks.

Very few games these days store saves in their installation folders. Offline copies of Steam Cloud saves in particular are stored in the userdata folder while general game saves are spread out all over the place, hence the need for Gamesave Manager.

Donuts

I'm avoiding playing Civ until I get a couple days of work off to make sure this doesn't happen to me. I've been late too often.

The beauty of my job is i get plenty of short 30m breaks and i use my laptop constantly. Perfect amount of time to get a few turns in. Sometimes I'll let the kids at where i work make decisions for me. This led to the downfall of China in my current (and also first) game. Good times.

Save games are literally all over the place.

Generally they are in your SteamApps, Documents, or sometimes some Temp Folder in C.

Very few games store saves in their installation folders. Offline copies of Steam Cloud saves in particular are stored in the userdata folder while general game saves are spread out all over the place, hence the need for Gamesave Manager.

Ah, I see, thanks a lot.

denx

I've never gone to a midnight screening of a movie before, but I did for Pacific Rim since here in Chile that was the only subtitled presentation of the movie they were doing.
fucking cinemark geez

Anyway, today I should be set to start using the community market, just as card prices seem to be crashing. Great :/

Quick

Banned
So, I just sold my first two items (cards) on the marketplace. Kind of cool being able to earn money for nothing of value to me. Might sell off some of my TF2 stuff.

Am I insane in hoping that we could one day trade/sell Steam games? It could certainly alleviate our backlogs, and get some money back on games we've played or will never play.

Grief.exe

koalap8oj4.jpg

And that excludes the DLC (which I'd like to play one day).

140 hours, and just over half the achievements earned.

That matches up with what I've been reading.

If KOA ever does go on sale again, I will probably just smash through the main campaign as quickly as possible.

Did anyone else buy Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army during the summer sale and needs a co-op buddy? This game is fun, but I'm sure it would be so much better playing it with another person. Getting bum rushed from behind and not even knowing it sucks.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
140 hours, and just over half the achievements earned.

That matches up with what I've been reading.

If KOA ever does go on sale again, I will probably just smash through the main campaign as quickly as possible.
Achievement guides claim you can do a 1000/1000 in 40-80 hours.

FYC

Banned
I'm on the 4th Medallion zone in Serious Sam 2, I don't really see why it's bashed so much. It's...Janky, sure, but still a lot of fun so far.

JaseC

It took me about 80-90 on my Xbox360 when I played it, but I'm also not the quickest gamer out there.

It's a fun game, but playing it to 100% got a bit draining after a while.

Some optional content for higher-level players would have been nice. If you're a side-quest junkie it's not long before the game is virtually devoid of tough enemy encounters.

Some optional content for higher-level players would have been nice. If you're a side-quest junkie it's not long before the game is virtually devoid of tough enemy encounters.

I suffer the sidequest syndrome too, is there a pill for it? I leave games unfinished because I got derailed with sidequests and in the end get tired of the gameplay after so many hours so I have no energy left to properly finish the main quests.

JaseC

I suffer the sidequest syndrome too, is there a pill for it? I leave games unfinished because I got derailed with sidequests and in the end get tired of the gameplay after so many hours so I have no energy left to properly finish the main quests.

Perseverance. ;)

maneil99

I want to know who thought the first 8 hours of AC3 was a good idea, probably the same guy that thought the first 4 hours of AC2 were good.

On a side note I have sold 90 of my 310 cards and made 19.09c, Rogue Legacy + Either Rome 2 / COD: Ghosts here I come!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom