• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

PS4 pre-order

tumblr_mj1u0kp0hW1qi34nio2_250.gif

Tellaerin

Huh. Just found a Hotline Miami booster pack waiting for me when I logged in. Am I better off unpacking it or just going ahead and selling?

Games with a launcher should really have an option to skip the launcher for use in BPM.

Currently playing on my laptop to tv;

Witcher 2
Sleeping Dogs
Sonic Generations

Currently has a launcher which makes me get up anyway;
Witcher 2
Sonic Generations

Not sure if posted, but looks like steam wallet trading is coming soon.

The pro-tip is if you take long enough to preface a post with "not sure if posted" then it has been certainly posted already.

The steam gaf ninjas do not sleep.

I don't see why this is attractive. We already can gift games.

Attractive for Valve since you are not using external methods like paypal. Instead you are cashing in Valve bucks.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Huh. Just found a Hotline Miami booster pack waiting for me when I logged in. Am I better off unpacking it or just going ahead and selling?

Boosters can drop foils but are worth more unpacked for this reason, so you need to decide if you want to take the chance.

It'll allow me to bypass PayPal's terrible exchange rates when purchasing gifts through other GAFers.

Salsa

if you wanna "sell" a game for X reason rather than gift it, you don't have to go through shitty paypal?

I also sometimes have a hard time finding a game a specific friend would want gifted and i'd have no issue sending them a "steam money gift" instead

Salsa

But wait, what about steam exchange rates? Paypal isn't worse. Or is it?
I judge looking into prices of games mostly.

I highly doubt they'll take a fee of you sending money to another person. At least not as high as the market takes.

that begs the question tho: why if instead of selling an item I just send it to that guy and that guy sends me the money so valve doesnt take a fee!

so yeah, we'll see how this works if it ever comes to fruition

Tellaerin

There are times when it'd be nice to throw a little Steam cash at someone, either as a gift (a la gift cards - "Here's $20, buy yourself something you'll like") or because they're a hair short of what they need to buy something ("It's $5, but you've only got $4 left in your wallet? I just dumped a couple of cards, so I'll send you a buck.")

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
But wait, what about steam exchange rates? Paypal isn't worse. Or is it?
I judge looking into prices of games mostly.

Us Aussies, though we're charged in USD, can purchase Steam Wallet codes locally at face cost (e.g. a $50 code = AUD$50 rather than ~$55). So, for instance, if I owed Dunder $15, I could just purchase a $20 code locally and take the money out of that rather than allowing PayPal to screw me on the exchange rate. (I'd still have $5 left over, of course, but I'd spend it sooner rather than later, anyway.)

denx

Reposting for new page.

Random question: a couple of months ago I bought Dragon Age Origins and Awakening during a Steam sale, and then activated the CD keys on Origin. I couldn't buy the Ultimate edition from Steam since that edition isn't available where I live, so I'll most likely buy the Ultimate edition from Origin.

So if I buy the Ultimate edition, what will happen to my existing DAO and Awakening licenses? Do they get upgraded to the Ultimate edition? Do they get replaced by the Ultimate edition (meaning a new license code)? Or does the Ultimate edition sit in the library alongside the regular DAO edition?

What do you get exactly from the Ultimate edition anyway? I know it includes all the DLC, but how is that delivered? Are you given a code for the DLC to activate them on the Bioware Social Network? If so, will the DLC work with the Steam version of DAO? (even if the Steam and Origin versions of the game have different license codes?)

Highlighted. It's like having 2 copies of the game.

OK, so my question now is how does the DLC work. Is it downloaded from the client? Or do you have to go through the BSN to get it?

Acccent

Special Giveaway Challenge PSA:

I've replied to all the submissions I got (if you didn't get a reply, re-submit.) No one found the correct answer yet.

Here's a hint: there's a horse in the image.

liezryou

Does anyone know what the ~22 mb mercenary kings patch did? Can't seem to find patch notes anywhere.

Also does anyone know how to turn on autofire in this game >.<.

Salsa

Does anyone know what the ~22 mb mercenary kings patch did? Can't seem to find patch notes anywhere.

all I know is that one of the responses I got in my thread about the jump lag being bad just now is that if the jump didnt have lag it wouldnt be "realistic"

why do I bother

all I know is that one of the responses I got in my thread about the jump lag being bad just now is that if the jump didnt have lag it wouldnt be "realistic"

why do I bother

Ugh, I hate that excuse. This is coming from someone who doesn't mind the jump lag. Tbh I'd be okay with either. The delay makes it feel weighty and a bit of a nostalgic throwback to some older games. With that said, something a little more fluid akin to Metal Slug would also be welcome.

Echoplx

Yep, sorry!

(I guess you can participate for fun but you won't be able to win KRZ - I'll announce it if you find the correct picture before the actual contestants though)

So only the people who have already won can win, again? Eh what? Posting it in this thread for everyone to see and then saying 'lol not for you!' is probably not the best idea.

OK, so my question now is how does the DLC work. Is it downloaded from the client? Or do you have to go through the BSN to get it?

Sorry man I'm not really sure how it works and I'm not about to download 20gb to find out. Try checking the Steam Dragon Age forums... maybe they'll know what's up.

Games with a launcher should really have an option to skip the launcher for use in BPM.

Currently playing on my laptop to tv;

Witcher 2
Sleeping Dogs
Sonic Generations

Currently has a launcher which makes me get up anyway;
Witcher 2
Sonic Generations

Could you go into the Steamapps folder and rename the main exe to match the name of the launcher?

catabarez

Sending Steam bucks would have been a lot easier during the Steam sale if somebody has a lower price than the other. And plus if all I have are Steam bucks and no actual cash I can't use Paypal.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ah I wonder if it will go on sale, that Amalur. I thought with a bankrupt company it'd never go on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom