• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh god I own kingdoms of amalur on 360 and burned like 3 - 4 days straight playing it, it's impossible to finish all of the sidequests in that game without being some sort of god of perseverance. I didn't even finish the main quest after hitting a point where I just couldn't go on anymore.

Salsa

What the fuck am I watching.

This guy is serious goddamn disturbed. Please tell me that is a fuckin' parody. Please tell me someone does not actually subscribe to the belief that saving the galaxy as Commander Shepard is more productive than paying the bills, or that Princess Peach negates the need for human companionship (or in this case, sex).

dude why spend my entire salary on travelling when I can play super mario

I can't help but LAUGH at them

I hate white picket fences

genbatzu

i just hope this is the right topic for it, since it's from the summer sale :>

anyway, I got a 33% Discount Coupon for Triple Town on Steam, it's only valid until 31st of July (2013) and before it goes to waste I thought I can give it away (for free, ofc).

fcfs

tripletowndiscount03ueo.jpg

jediyoshi

Bah, got $16.03 in the steam wallet. Almost managed to fund my mercenary kings purchase completely through cards but I'm getting antsy

Has anyone read the About the Game section for Legends of Dawn? Hella middle school persuasive essay up in here.

Fresh out of the lair of Dreamatrix Game Studios, Legends of Dawn invites players to the brutal northerly reaches of Narr. Survival depends on you, your magic and your sword.
What sets Legends of Dawn apart, is the freedom of play expressed in several key attributes that are rarely seen in typical RPG genres. We have poured our passion and creativity into taking you on an enthralling ride away from wearisome reality, by providing you with the choice to be whatever your heart desires, in Legends of Dawn.

Of course, the choices you make during game play does not prevent you from trying something else later, or simultaneously if you wish. You could combine the sword and the magic, be a powerful crafter or anything else. Legends of Dawn liberates from class restrictions unlike real life. Class, race and differences exist within the game but after choosing your own race and gender, all else can be altered without restarting the game.

Another quality that makes Legends of Dawn interesting, is the freedom of direction and movement. Most games force a player to follow the main storyline and forbid any deviation, or significant veering off the set course. Legends of Dawn is more sympathetic to your playing needs. You are free to wander wherever tickles your fancy within the continent, without limitations, under one condition. Stay alive. We have been careful to ensure that the quests only suggest, rather than impose direction of movement. Your journey is in your hands alone.

In addition to all those remarkable features already mentioned, you are bound to notice another cool thing about Legends of Dawn. The absence of loading screen. It would have been so much easier to create a game that would constantly force you to wait before the screen while new contents load, but Dreamatrix is aware that your time is too valuable to waste. We put our heads together and created our very own engine that discreetly streams content in the background, in real time. You are free to enter houses, caves, dungeons, temples, new regions and so much more, without those pesky loading screens interrupting your playing pleasure.

In order to provide you with such blissful range of possibilities, we had to create a rather large world called Narr. The world of Narr in Legends of Dawn, spans across continents through stunning picturesque landscape that stimulates the mind. There are magical regions where the mountains and hills defy gravity, buoyant as balloons. We have also created countless dungeons awaiting for you to discover what mysteries lie within their cold depths, as well as camps, impressive docks and grim fortresses that bear silent witness to battles. Mausoleums and cemeteries also await your exploration. The hikes over unforgiving mountains and canyons are sure to thrill the most ardent explorer. Graceful flying islands and mystical swamps instil a sense of awe that could nudge you to cross the threshold of the serene temples and shrines to pay your respects to the gods of the land. With so much more on offer than is mentioned here, there is no reason why Legends of Dawn should not become your favourite RPG.

Deques

The Steam Support has answered my question regarding the 1 RUB added to my Steam Wallet

A staff member has replied to your question:

Hello Wai,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

We apologize for the delay.

There is a payment method in Russia that allows users to input cash into a kiosk and send the funds to their Steam account. It appears as though a Russian customer has entered the wrong Steam account name, yours, by mistake. Your account was not compromised, they have just sent funds to your account accidentally.

If you have any further questions, please let us know - we will be happy to assist you.

While my issue seems to be solve by removing the funds from my account, I still don't like the answer. Do Russians add 1 RUB to their account, its around €0.02? And how can they add funds by mistake? I don't know any Russian friend.

Sajjaja

The Steam Support has answered my question regarding the 1 RUB added to my Steam Wallet

While my issue seems to be solve by removing the funds from my account, I still don't like the answer. Do Russians add 1 RUB to their account, its around €0.02? And how can they add funds by mistake? I don't know any Russian friend.

Similar username maybe?

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Looks like DukeBobby won Patrician IV, have fun dude! :)
I feel like it's necesarry for me to say this, and being gratefull never hurt anybody, so another big thanks to Carm for gifting me that game, and it's DLC, a month ago. Now due to bundlestars, i'm giving something back.
Those bundles are dangerous, five times "just three buck" a week can get pretty expensive. :p

What's so good about Alumar
"An enemy pounding funfest!"
But uh, it's a beautifull and very atmospheric world that's really fun exploring. Combat's pretty great, too. Especially faeblades. Loads of content. Worlds a bit cliché, but fun.
Characters and story aren't really anything to write home about, but they get the job done. The writing can get pretty bad at times, though. Especially in the first hour of the game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

It's part of a (now-defunct) "hack". Russian customers can add funds to their Wallet via a payment method that only requires the account name, and until recently having RUBs added to a non-RU account would set off a red flag and automatically invoke account restrictions. (I believe your account may still land in a bit of hot water if you actually spend the money, though.)

denx

Random question: a couple of months ago I bought Dragon Age Origins and Awakening during a Steam sale, and then activated the CD keys on Origin. I couldn't buy the Ultimate edition from Steam since that edition isn't available where I live, so I'll most likely buy the Ultimate edition from Origin.

So if I buy the Ultimate edition, what will happen to my existing DAO and Awakening licenses? Do they get upgraded to the Ultimate edition? Do they get replaced by the Ultimate edition (meaning a new license code)? Or does the Ultimate edition sit in the library alongside the regular DAO edition?

What do you get exactly from the Ultimate edition anyway? I know it includes all the DLC, but how is that delivered? Are you given a code for the DLC to activate them on the Bioware Social Network? If so, will the DLC work with the Steam version of DAO? (even if the Steam and Origin versions of the game have different license codes?)

It's part of a (now-defunct) "hack". Russian customers can add funds to their Wallet via a payment method that only requires the account name, and until recently having RUBs added to a non-RU account would set off a red flag and automatically invoke account restrictions. (I believe your account may still land in a bit of hot water if you actually spend the money, though.)

What did they do then? Or was it just to be a dick?

Salsa

Has anyone read the About the Game section for Legends of Dawn? Hella middle school persuasive essay up in here.

that's more cringe-worthy than the video

also I just put some serious thought into a Mercenary Kings thread I made in the community, so I hope the devs are actually reading that stuff

I dont like the jump lag at all

Deques

Seems like my account got after all restricted, I can't buy nor sell items in the market until 20th August

I haven't used that money at all
zEtJnng.png

I have sent a question to the support again

JaseC

What did they do then? Or was it just to be a dick?

The latter. It yields them no actual benefits.

Seems like my account got after all restricted, I can't buy nor sell items in the market until 20th August

I haven't used that money at all
zEtJnng.png

Ah, bummer (I was speaking in terms of purchasing from the store, activating keys, and so on). I'd submit another ticket and ask that the Market restriction be lifted, referencing your previous ticket regarding the suspicious deposit.

Deques

The latter. It yields them no actual benefits.

Ah, bummer (I was speaking in terms of purchasing from the store, activating keys, and so on). I'd submit another ticket and ask that the Market restriction be lifted, referencing your previous ticket regarding the suspicious deposit.

A ticket is sent. I hope they resolve it soon. Wanted to buy weed, it's cheap again

So if I buy the Ultimate edition, what will happen to my existing DAO and Awakening licenses? Do they get upgraded to the Ultimate edition? Do they get replaced by the Ultimate edition (meaning a new license code)? Or does the Ultimate edition sit in the library alongside the regular DAO edition?

Highlighted. It's like having 2 copies of the game.

Salsa

im so grabbing :weed: when it goes down in price

port royale dudes are definetly making more money out of that than the game itself

JaseC

This one should be dropped by a game JaseC doesn't have, so that a dashing entrepreneur (like, say, me) can put it on the marked for measly $500 or some such.

I'd cancel my PS4 pre-order to make room for this.

Arthea

Sonic racing transformed is fun!
I know you know
but I somehow get impression that it's meant to be played with a controller. Is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom