• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Just want to point out that it was not because of the talk about the feedback, actually I've been talking about shutting it down like a hundred times for the past 3-4 months or so.
I already had it in my mind to do a last summer sale and then stop, all this feedback talk just made me finally go through with it now, since I have Google Docs to rely on instead for a while (which is a much simplier system for me).

Even if some people actually genuinely started hating, I wouldn't give a single fuck because you are a fantastic community and all the feedback I've received is worth more than any hate.

aww, that's a pity.
But good luck with whatever you decide.

Cth

Hope to see Dunder around the thread in the future. Even if I haven't bought anything from him previously, he was always fast and helpful with inquiries.

liezryou

Just want to point out that it was not because of the talk about the feedback, actually I've been talking about shutting it down like a hundred times for the past 3-4 months or so.
I already had it in my mind to do a last summer sale and then stop, all this feedback talk just made me finally go through with it now, since I have Google Docs to rely on instead for a while (which is a much simplier system for me).

Even if some people actually genuinely started hating, I wouldn't give a single fuck because you are a fantastic community and all the feedback I've received is worth more than any hate.

Have my gaben-babies dunder.

Tenrius

Will you ever reveal the details of where you got all those games? People were wondering in the sale thread. Anyway, you did an excellent job, hope to see you more often in this thread (and other non buy-and-sell threads).

Razorskin

----- ------

blink twice if Gabe himself came to your place and shook you down.

Prophane33

Bullet hell shooter is another genre I'll never be able to get into. Impossibly hard, so much respect to you!

I'll give Dark Souls another chance someday. Maybe then it'll click with me.

Eh, I think everyone just has areas of gaming where they excel. I suck at ALL fighting games, but I can play Virtua Fighter quite well. Dark Souls was literally impossible for me, but I can get pretty damn far on 1 credit in most Cave shmups (not that they're the same genre but you get my point). I really liked the "vibe" of Dark Souls and I totally get why people like it (as I mentioned in my diatribe my best friend has put over 80 hours into it and counting), but I reached a point where I'm like...if I can't beat the 2nd boss after 6 hours (3 per character) how the heck am I going to competently overcome anything else past this point. I'm 100% sure that if anything the game just gets harder from there. I just don't have the patience for it. I'm still going to give Demon's Souls a try since I got it free on PS+ and maybe it will click better with me (and maybe it will turn me into a Souls master willing to take on Dark Souls again).

Also, the best way to get good at bullet hell shooters is the same as anything I guess, practice and practice some more. It's why most good games offer practice modes and/or boss rushes. I think I have more patience for those games because of the faster pace and I never feel like I'm stuck in the exact same spot.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
don't get the drake sword. it sucks.

just upgrade the claymore. with just a few upgrades it's better and it has better scaling.

also shooting 30 arrows is boring as shit.
Claymore? What's this, Metal Gear Solid? I'd rather kill enemies with the Nikita :p

I'm sorry to hear that, I was very glad that time I bought from you. You're a cool guy, and I hope you stick around here.

liezryou

Will you ever reveal the details of where you got all those games? People were wondering in the sale thread. Anyway, you did an excellent job, hope to see you more often in this thread (and other non buy-and-sell threads).

It's pretty obvious to anyone that has dipped into the world of tf2 trading what he does. But it takes a serious amount of time and effort.

To put it simply, Russian traders sell games for tf2 keys as a medium of currency (since you cannot trade steam wallet yet) for their cheap regional pricing. They then turn around and sell those keys on the market to get a small profit in steam wallet.

Dunder buys these games from them using those tf2 keys, but he actually gets them from the "Gray" or "Black" market. That is, he buys tf2 keys from sellers from sites such as sourceop and tf2op directly via paypal. The keys are much cheaper (I think the going rate right about now is like 1.8$ per key) there.

The difficulty here lies in getting a reliable seller with a huge quantity of goods, as well as building your own reputation so people will sell these keys to you. Once he buys the games he turns around and sells them to GAFfers for probably a very minimal profit (I'm guessing like around .30c-.50c per game; BUT this varies extremely from game to game)

derExperte

People had issues with him opening his own thread, i posted the same suggestion myself.

I would have had too because I don't think it's in the spirit of NeoGAF that someone uses the forum to run a business. Plus the whole 'where do the games come from'-issue, so I'm kinda glad he basically agrees regarding becoming a store. It's a fine line and imo it was crossed in the last few months. Also, while absolutely not his fault, the 'Dunder has xyz cheaper' when someone here was asking a little more, eg while doing a 4pack, became annoying.

liezryou

I would have had too because I don't think it's in the spirit of NeoGAF that someone uses the forum to run a business. Plus the whole 'where do the games come from'-issue, so I'm kinda glad he basically agrees regarding becoming a store. It's a fine line and imo it was crossed in the last few months.

Before him it was renjility and that other dude i don't remember his name. Difference was they were selling CD Keys. There will always be the next person.

Terra_Ex

Sorry to hear that, thanks for the deals, you're an awesome guy for providing such a great service for so long.

Tenrius

It's pretty obvious to anyone that has dipped into the world of tf2 trading what he does. But it takes a serious amount of time and effort.

To put it simply, Russian traders sell games for tf2 keys as a medium of currency (since you cannot trade steam wallet yet) for their cheap regional pricing. They then turn around and sell those keys on the market to get a small profit in steam wallet.

Dunder buys these games from them using those tf2 keys, but he actually gets them from the "Gray" or "Black" market. That is, he buys tf2 keys from sellers from sites such as sourceop and tf2op directly via paypal. The keys are much cheaper (I think the going rate right about now is like 1.8$ per key) there.

The difficulty here lies in getting a reliable seller with a huge quantity of goods, as well as building your own reputation so people will sell these keys to you. Once he buys the games he turns around and sells them to GAFfers for probably a very minimal profit (I'm guessing like around .30c-.50c per game; BUT this varies extremely from game to game)

Well, I figured something like that (actually posted some speculation in the sale thread), but I wasn't sure where do you get those cheaper keys to trade for games in the first place, because I know next to nothing about TF2 trading.

Prophane33

So, since there's some new blood in here: What should I buy? Teleglitch or Rougue Legacy if I can only play 1 in the next few months.

derExperte

Before him it was renjility and that other dude i don't remember his name. Difference was they were selling CD Keys. There will always be the next person.

As I said, it's a fine line and everyone has a different opinion on what's okay and what's not. I can't say anything about the two key resellers but I guess more and more people started to complain so they had to or were stopped. Something similar seems to have happened here.

Is Krater any good?

Good question. I played the beta and it was pretty boring, has it significantly improved over the last year?

Dolor

Is Rift on Steam anymore?

Looks like it was pulled some time back. This makes no sense to me. The game goes to free-to-play because it lacks sufficient players to sustain its community, and so they... pull it off one of the largest PC gaming communities? Seems to me that a free-to-play game should be trying to do what it can to get itself in front of every potential player, and that would certainly mean continuing to be on Steam. I don't get the logic.

liezryou

As I said, it's a fine line and everyone has a different opinion on what's okay and what's not. I can't say anything about the two key resellers but I guess more and more people started to complain so they had to or were stopped. Somezhing similar seems to have happened here.

No they got pretty much beat out of business because of dunder.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I still owe you one for helping me hit 1,800 -- seriously, I'd have missed the goal by a fair margin were it not for your assistance. I'll be in touch.

So long and thanks for all the middle fingers to the Aussie Tax.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Only needed Rune from the new Groupees so I picked another random Steam game for some lucky winner. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Pickers -- MB-B812740319AFE77F - Taken by XShagrath

So the consensus on Teleglitch seems to be it's a really fun game but we should wait for it to be patched a bit more before diving in (aka wait for next sale)?

KingKong

Is anyone else's Portal 2 inventory missing? It was like that last night and I thought it might have been a bug but I still don't see it

damn man. Sad to here. Thanks for everything you've done to help us poor folks out. Much appreciated. Hope you stick around. Fuck that haters

God damn you, Rogue Legacy! "Man, I've been playing this for a while. OK, one more run... Fuck, I'm dead. That one didn't count. One more..."

*1 hour later*

"What have I done?"

Nabs

Never go into the chat room.

Weird, how come Enhanced Steam didn't show that.

ixozqCsvPuczh.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Weird, how come Enhanced Steam didn't show that.

Enhanced Steam price history doesn't always show just Steam-activated copies of games. If you click the (Info) button next to the price history, you can then filter the chart that comes up to just Steam. From there you can see the lowest price for this game on Steam was $14.99 on March 16, 2013. The day I bought it. :)

Or as Nabs suggests, you can change the "stores" in the options to only show Steam's prices.

cicero

I am very sorry to hear this, I kind of wondered about this possibility given the amount of responses you seemed to be getting though. You approached everything in a respectful and cordial manner, you were an absolute joy to deal with. I hope that you realize how many people are thankful you have been giving us deals, and the manner in which you did it. Thank you!

The_Monk

Fellow GAFfer DunderHassan is a great pillar that helped building this Community by giving many people great deals. For that you have my humble thanks and respect good sir. I hope you can still hang around and participate in good, positive and polite discussions among these fine members on Steam-GAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom