• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If memory serves, Portal 2 never had any tradeable items, and Valve didn't open up the game to support cosmetics, so the tab was vestigial at best.

If memory serves, Portal 2 never had any tradeable items, and Valve didn't open up the game to support cosmetics, so the tab was vestigial at best.

Yea, noticed this a couple days ago, the items are basically just in-game rewards and there aren't very many of them so they can stay in-game. The tab was pretty useless.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
A big thanks to woo and indeed hoo! for Terraria! Looking forward to it :D

Cth

So the consensus on Teleglitch seems to be it's a really fun game but we should wait for it to be patched a bit more before diving in (aka wait for next sale)?

Great atmosphere, graphics, gameplay mechanics, etc.

It's just a little more frustrating as a console/controller player who's been out of WASD gameplay. It was kind of overwhelming. I wasn't a fan of the Organ Trail style of shooting the shotgun, but to be fair it is early in the game.

I think it'd be amazing to play via controller as a twin stick shooter genre fan.

I'd say if you're going to get it, get it via GreenManGaming or Gamefly and use the 20% off stuff to get it cheaper. (7.50 I think?)

I love roguelikes, but it's a little more challenging than what I'm currently looking to relax with.

KingKong

I really wish they would improve the Steam Marketplace now that it's being used so much. It would take them so little effort to let people sort by price or hide items they already have

Great atmosphere, graphics, gameplay mechanics, etc.

It's just a little more frustrating as a console/controller player who's been out of WASD gameplay. It was kind of overwhelming. I wasn't a fan of the Organ Trail style of shooting the shotgun, but to be fair it is early in the game.

I think it'd be amazing to play via controller as a twin stick shooter genre fan.

I'd say if you're going to get it, get it via GreenManGaming or Gamefly and use the 20% off stuff to get it cheaper. (7.50 I think?)

I love roguelikes, but it's a little more challenging than what I'm currently looking to relax with.

Thanks for filling me in. The gameplay videos immediately caught my eye. I will most likely pick it up in the near future. Have you tried using Xpadder for your controller woes?

Dolor

Probably The Witcher 2. However, I am hoping for the far superior Dragon Age 2.

Not at all saying DA 2 is better than Witcher 2 (one of my all time favorites), but I would indeed be excited if DA 2 was back on Steam. I would pick it up just to give it a go.

Cth

Thanks for filling me in. The gameplay videos immediately caught my eye. I will most likely pick it up in the near future. Have you tried using Xpadder for your controller woes?

Haven't used Xpadder before. I've used Joy2Pad for Isaac. I've been mostly catching up on games I bought during the summer sale, so I haven't put a lot of time into it, to be fair.

I'd have to see but I'm not sure if it's possible to fully play it via 3rd party controller software due to how some things are set up.

IE: Managing inventory is accomplished by using the mouse wheel. Shooting the shotgun by right clicking in the opposite direction of the enemy and firing with the left button.

The developers are aware there's a lot of interest and they're considering it, but acknowledging that it can take resources away from developing further stuff for the game. I was impressed by how responsive and up front they were on the forums.

Is anyone else's Portal 2 inventory missing? It was like that last night and I thought it might have been a bug but I still don't see it

Have you tried looking if it's there while youre playing the game? I normally don't have a CS GO inventory, but there was another tab for it while I was playing
idling
it.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Never go into the chat room.

ixozqCsvPuczh.png

Yeah, the one at the above didn't show for me.

Enhanced Steam price history doesn't always show just Steam-activated copies of games. If you click the (Info) button next to the price history, you can then filter the chart that comes up to just Steam. From there you can see the lowest price for this game on Steam was $14.99 on March 16, 2013. The day I bought it. :)

Or as Nabs suggests, you can change the "stores" in the options to only show Steam's prices.

Okay, will try that.

So, since there's some new blood in here: What should I buy? Teleglitch or Rougue Legacy if I can only play 1 in the next few months.

They're both roguelike in a sense... but very different games. One *key* difference is that in RL you do get better and better over time, with better weapons, more health, better armor, runes, etc. With TG you are basically back to square zero every single time you play. That doesn't make one better than the other, just different. I found Rogue Legacy less frustrating because of that, but they're both very good games.

r3n4ud

Have fun to the winner!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Ben There, Dan That! and Time Gentlemen, Please! -- MB-36C46927EE62CE1C - Taken by C00kie M0nster

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Made a good penny with the DmC cards. I wish the Walking Dead ones were a bit cheaper though, I feel like crafting the badge.

Grief.exe

Shadow of the Eternals Kickstarter relaunched

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/617502838/shadow-of-the-eternals-0

Rayman Legends announced for PC

The game will come with around 40 levels from Rayman: Origins via an unlockable “Back to Origins” chapter, will be remastered, and will contain touch-specific features for Murfy on Wii U and Vita.

The game is out on August 30 in the UK and September 3 in North america. New screenshots are below.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/07/25/ray...for-pc-will-release-alongside-other-versions/

Mildudon

Dragons

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Shadowrun Returns -- MB-D8B619D30A60D8CD - Taken by r3n4ud

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Eh, I think everyone just has areas of gaming where they excel. I suck at ALL fighting games, but I can play Virtua Fighter quite well. Dark Souls was literally impossible for me, but I can get pretty damn far on 1 credit in most Cave shmups (not that they're the same genre but you get my point). I really liked the "vibe" of Dark Souls and I totally get why people like it (as I mentioned in my diatribe my best friend has put over 80 hours into it and counting), but I reached a point where I'm like...if I can't beat the 2nd boss after 6 hours (3 per character) how the heck am I going to competently overcome anything else past this point. I'm 100% sure that if anything the game just gets harder from there. I just don't have the patience for it. I'm still going to give Demon's Souls a try since I got it free on PS+ and maybe it will click better with me (and maybe it will turn me into a Souls master willing to take on Dark Souls again).

Also, the best way to get good at bullet hell shooters is the same as anything I guess, practice and practice some more. It's why most good games offer practice modes and/or boss rushes. I think I have more patience for those games because of the faster pace and I never feel like I'm stuck in the exact same spot.
I don't think I excel at any game. So far, the most difficult games I managed to beat are Bit.Trip Beat, Runner and Super Hexagon.

Could you recommend me any good PC bullet hell shooter to get me started? I tried one once (can't remember the name, it was free and there were many on that series), but only managed to reach to the 3rd level before losing all my lives.

Fake edit: wow, I had this post written for the last 1:30 hours, went to eat and totally forgot about submitting it.

Grief.exe

King of Fighters XIII and FFVIII updated registry apps updated today, the former multiple times.

Looks like System Shock 2 is getting a Mac version. Added the new depot for testing, not available to the public yet.

about 10 hours ago Changed Depots
238213/systemdefined: 1
238213/name: SS2 Mac English
238213/config/language: english
238213/config/oslist: macos

DayZ updated a couple times today. Rocket has said that they will review how the server sends data to the client at the end of this week.
If that goes well, then they will head for release. If it doesn't, we may be waiting a bit longer for alpha.

Grief.exe

Shadowrun Returns giveaway, awesome.

After watching the Total Biscuit WTF is? of that game, I am really interested.

The battle system and the RPG mechanics look very compelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom