• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosTrax

Eurogamer:
This Thursday the Steam version of Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien will be getting the Good Friends Character Pack DLC, which will add seven new characters from other indie hits.

The four announced so far are Psychonaut's Raz, Cave Story's Quote, Super Meat Boy's Dr. Fetus, and Machinarium's Josef. The remaining three will be revealed tomorrow.
I want this game even more now! Hopefully it'll be one of the sales early on during the Seal.

Turfster

guys WTF is this and how do I get rid of it :(..
iYuuc7Zbg6NIA.png

:(
Looks like a HL2 mod. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac8aWXXP9l8
I have no idea why it's there, I don't have it (but then I didn't get the pack, I'm still rocking OG orange box installs)

Echoplx

Was two giant screenshots really necessary to ask how to remove a mod? The pictures don't give us any more information than the name of the mod would.

Also, Google

http://source.gamebanana.com/tuts/5384

Another option is to delete everything in the Steam folder except for steamapps, userdata and steam.exe and that will reset your steam client.

What's the difference between Mount and Blade and M&B Warband? Is Warband just the MP expansion? Is it a totally new game in a new world? Better graphics?

And regarding M&B in general, the reviews I read said the world was kind of barren. My favorite thing to do in open world games is just walk. Leave my horse or car behind and just walk across the world, exploring and people-watching. I walked across RDR's map, I walked across Skyrim, I walked across Liberty City. Is M&B suited for that, in the sense that there is just stuff to see, places to stumble on, vistas, emergent AI moments?

Vecks

If the game is released, why can't I play it right away?
We want to avoid a situation where a rush of players overloads our server infrastructure. As we increase our capacity, we will let more people in from the launch queue.
Is this really possible? Are they really expecting that many new players to join Dota 2 at this juncture?

Grief.exe

What's the difference between Mount and Blade and M&B Warband? Is Warband just the MP expansion? Is it a totally new game in a new world? Better graphics?

And regarding M&B in general, the reviews I read said the world was kind of barren. My favorite thing to do in open world games is just walk. Leave my horse or car behind and just walk across the world, exploring and people-watching. I walked across RDR's map, I walked across Skyrim, I walked across Liberty City. Is M&B suited for that, in the sense that there is just stuff to see, places to stumble on, vistas, emergent AI moments?

Warband basically made the original game useless. Warband is the original game with significantly more content and fixes.

M&B isn't your traditional open world screen. That section of the game takes place from a top-down view, very similar to Civilization V.
When you get into fights is when you drop down into 3rd person.

Tecl0n

Warband is the multiplayer "sequel" but it has been the main game for some years. (With fire & sword being a "side project" and napoleonic wars a true expasion of warband). And the roaming in M&B is not like you would think, assuming you are expecting something like that which you described, you go from town to town in an overworld map, and only when in town or in a batlle do you fully control you character.

HoosTrax

I think Warband has some additional factions and maybe some balance tweaks. It has both SP and MP.

It's not really an open world game though. The best way I can think of how to describe M&B is that its like what Medieval 2 Total War would be like if it were played from the perspective of a commander, and if it had a heavier emphasis on gear and stats. It has an overworld map, battle maps, and town maps which have some random events that occur. The battle and town maps are pretty limited in scope and detail.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
For those just buying Half Life, may I suggest this thread?

I most heartily and enthusiastically recommend the One Free Man challenge for HL2 and episodes.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, let me propose you a hypothetical scenario: suppose there's a person who played Half-Life Source a few years ago, and while they appreciated what Valve did with it, didn't enjoyed it due to the game not holding up very well. Suppose that person is now trying to increase their Steam library, and wants to get the Half-Life Anthology pack, which contains HL1 and its two expansions (plus Team Fortress Classic, but that wouldn't even be installed).

Well then, is there any reason why our hypothetical friend would want to shell out $1.87 more and get HL Source too? From what they'd have heard if they had looked this thread, they would think that HL Source looks better than the original and has better physics, but it's missing some NPC dialogue. Of course, since our fictitious guy is a GAFfer, he has heard that many people there don't like HL Source, and prefer the original, but he never understood why.

So my question is: why wouldn't I want to buy both? Or why shouldn't I? Why would I want to play the original one over the supposedly improved version?

Echoplx

Guys, let me propose you a hypothetical scenario: suppose there's a person who played Half-Life Source a few years ago, and while they appreciated what Valve did with it, didn't enjoyed it due to the game not holding up very well. Suppose that person is now trying to increase their Steam library, and wants to get the Half-Life Anthology pack, which contains HL1 and its two expansions (plus Team Fortress Classic, but that wouldn't even be installed).

Well then, is there any reason why our hypothetical friend would want to shell out $1.87 more and get HL Source too? From what they'd have heard if they had looked this thread, they would think that HL Source looks better than the original and has better physics, but it's missing some NPC dialogue. Of course, since our fictitious guy is a GAFfer, he has heard that many people there don't like HL Source, and prefer the original, but he never understood why.

So my question is: why wouldn't I want to buy both? Or why shouldn't I? Why would I want to play the original one over the supposedly improved version?

From what I've read it appears to be a case of tacked on features that don't mesh well with the rest of the game.

Grief.exe

The fastest way to find custom images is to google search and restrict it to 460x215

WvaJi3w.jpg

Here are some more examples of custom images I made

D1XJmY7.jpg

bNVC3fS.png

neoism

How do you have Black Mesa in your Steam Library? Does this mean I can add any PC game to my Steam page? Like Nitronic Rush?

Its a non steam game got it the day it was released and just used a custom icon... I found the custom icon for that steam mod but it wont even let me uninstall it..

Mordeccai

Welp, I've gone from having no idea what trading cards are to idiling six games and throwing them all up on the market in the span of about three hours.

Noticed my inventory had 6 items today, now have 5 bucks in my steam wallet. Any free money is good money with the sale coming up. i5 is taking the load like a champ too, granted 5 of the games are indies and 1 of them is Brutal Legend but its sitting at 50% load right now.

Damn, the cards for Binding of Isaac look pretty sexy. Up on the market she goes!

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key.To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--five or fewer posts in the Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

XCOM Enemy Unknown -- MB-6EE59A2B67684A20 - Taken by Dio Brando

Warband is the multiplayer "sequel" but it has been the main game for some years. (With fire & sword being a "side project" and napoleonic wars a true expasion of warband). And the roaming in M&B is not like you would think, assuming you are expecting something like that which you described, you go from town to town in an overworld map, and only when in town or in a batlle do you fully control you character.
Got it. Thought it was a regular open world RPG

Any indie or low-requirement open world RPGs (or just sandbox games) on Steam? Preferably PC exclusive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom