• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigace33

RYt5cNm.gif

lol

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
As an admin I can't in good conscience endorse treating junior members differently before they've done anything wrong, fullstop. NOLURKERS is intended to knock out the worst hit-and-run stuff. I'd be up for other rules that would be valuable to people but I want new people to be able to enter this community and feel welcome and not have to run out a countdown clock to be able to fully participate.

I think the most fair solution is to raise the lurker bar higher, to oh, I don't know I'm just pulling a number out of thin air here, 170 posts.

Damn, so the SWAT games aren't on Steam. Only other game like it I could find, the Greenlight game Door Kickers, which is like Frozen Synapse meets SWAT and is totally awesome (I've played the demo) and the Rainbow Six Collection

Any other games like that? First or third person, planning breaches, entries, strategies, clearing rooms, working with your squad, slow tactical pace, etc.?

There is a game called H-Hour:World's Elite that recently got funded on kickstarter. It wont be out for a while but keep an eye on it if you like tactical games.

Here goes...
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key.To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--five or fewer posts in the Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot recently [since the start of beta testing for ModBot], you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

NBA2k13 -- MB-900A27284982A191 - Taken by Fatal Futanari

Grief.exe

Damn, so the SWAT games aren't on Steam. Only other games like it I could find are the Greenlight game Door Kickers, which is like Frozen Synapse meets SWAT and is totally awesome (I've played the demo) and the Rainbow Six Collection

Any other games like that? First or third person, planning breaches, entries, strategies, clearing rooms, working with your squad, slow tactical pace, etc.?

Check out Tactical Intervention, its exactly what you are looking for.

It was a Kickstarter and was Greenlit, I see the registry app updated daily.

There is a game called H-Hour:World's Elite that recently got funded on kickstarter. It wont be out for a while but keep an eye on it if you like tactical games.
Sounds like my kind of game, but if it's coming out on PS4, no way my laptop can run it. Definitely going on my watchlist though

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Hell, i would even buy it at full price if you guys deemed it necessary. I mean, i don't want to buy it full price, but it's not like i don't deserve it.
Dude, c'mon. It wasn't that serious, you were honest and probably learned your lesson: don't take keys you don't plan on redeeming, unless you state it before taking them.

mbmonk

Damn, so the SWAT games aren't on Steam. Only other game like it I could find, the Greenlight game Door Kickers, which is like Frozen Synapse meets SWAT and is totally awesome (I've played the demo) and the Rainbow Six Collection

I am looking for the exact same thing.

I downloaded Full Spectrum Warrior PC version yesterday. An Xbox OG game. Ran and looked like crap :)

Multiplayer? And looks performance-intensive, but yeah looks exactly like my type of game.

I will say this, between consoles and PC, console doesn't have enough slow paced tactical games like SWAT and these games like Tactical and H-Hour, which is a shame. Cause those experiences blow any kind of set piece heavy campaign (which I also enjoy) out of the water.

smr00

Banned
Not 100% sure if i am eligible for the giveaway but i have been dying to get my hands on some NBA on PC so i threw my hat in the ring.

Dawg

Not 100% sure if i am eligible for the giveaway but i have been dying to get my hands on some NBA on PC so i threw my hat in the ring.

you"ll have to beat me

I wonder though, did it reset on monday? I participated with the test giveaways on sunday.

I am looking for the exact same thing.

I downloaded Full Spectrum Warrior PC version yesterday. An Xbox OG game. Ran and looked like crap :)
Did you check out Door Kickers? That's my most anticipated Greenlight game now. It needs to get Greenlit like yesterday. Non lethal tactics, simultaneous breaches, customization, door cams, flash bangs, hostages, etc.

Official site - http://inthekillhouse.com/doorkickers/
Greenlight - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=133208652

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

People who have won since the beginning:
sqlite> select DISTINCT taker FROM giveaways;

3chopl0x
73V3N
AHA-Lambda
Addnan
Aitor
Archie
Baha
BorntoPlay
Catshade
CosmicQueso
Cth
Cyberquake
DamnTheMan
Dawg
Deadbeat
DeadlyVirus
Delusibeta
Deques
Dio Brando
DirtRiver
Drkirby
DunderHassan
Exuro
Ezra2680
Fl1pp13
Freezard
Fuu
Gintoki
Hofmann
Humenkind
Ingueferroque
JBourne
KMD
Kevin
Kifimbo
Knurek
Leon Belmont
Letters
Maxwood
Mengy
MikeDown
Milamber
More_Badass
Nabs
Out_Of_Ammo
Overdoziz
PetriP-TNT
RS4-
Rafy
Razorskin
SalsaShark
Servizio
SirKhalid
SmarterUnconscious
SourCinnamon
Stallion Free
Stumpokapow
Tecl0n
TekGryphon
The Illiterati
The_Monk
Tomodachi
Turfster
Twie
Vecks
WeaselJCD
Whooter
YianGaruga
bobnowhere
deejay
delirium
derExperte
dirtywhirlwind
eyeless
graywolf323
jshackles
kami_sama
masterkajo
nogoodnamesleft
pettson3816
reddmyst
ricochetguro
scorpscarx
sibarraz
smr00
spindoctor
tjohn86
toddhunter
v0rtikal
wetflame
xelios
yoshizzle
~Kinggi~
sqlite>

The weekly wins didn't start recording until this morning and so won't "reset" until end of next week. Sorry for the inconvenience but I can't retroactively get the info.

Time to blacklist.
No problem with that, as it's your giveaways and you can gift a game to whoever you want, and i sorta deserve that. I just wish this doesn't end up becoming something personal. I don't want to be on bad terms with anybody here, as i love this community.

Dude, c'mon. It wasn't that serious, you were honest and probably learned your lesson: don't take keys you don't plan on redeeming, unless you state it before taking them.
Well, it's just that i'm feeling like an asshole for doing that.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I can only hope that the game has become the $15 non-F2P title it should have been in the first place.

The_Monk

People who have won since the beginning:
sqlite> select DISTINCT taker FROM giveaways;

The weekly wins didn't start recording until this morning and so won't "reset" until end of next week. Sorry for the inconvenience but I can't retroactively get the info.

I won one. But then it was a Desura key!

But the kind fellow GAFfer smr00 sent me a kind PM after the mistake.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Hey Stump, I'm not sure how feasible an idea this is, but how about an optional flag for ModBot that marks a giveaway as only being available to people who've given a game away through Modbot?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Monado let me know if you want me to make the rules more generous :p

Hey Stump, I'm not sure how feasible an idea this is, but how about an optional flag for ModBot that marks a giveaway as only being available to people who've given a game away through Modbot?

Yes, one sec -- with the one note that this might involve a lot of gaming (IE buy indie bundle, give away turd, rely on the fact that a lot of people will use the givers-only rule but not the nowinners rule, cha-ching). Yeah just give me 5 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom