• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what do I do with all these dota 2 invites now? They were useless before but now they are just taking up space.

Delete them. You earn Valve money if you want to sell them for nothing. And nobody buys it for 0.01$.

Edit : Seems like a bug. If you delete one the rest will disappear.

So what do I do with all these dota 2 invites now? They were useless before but now they are just taking up space.
You still have the invites? when the game launched, it deleted all of my invites, even the ones i was selling. Worst case scenario, you can just delete them, i think.

EDIT: beaten like a bad boxer D:

You dig so far?
Yeah. I have to get used to no iron sights and it's weird not seeing your hands or any part of your body.

But besides that, the game is really good. I'm not that far in, but I must say the opening is one of my favorites now. It's not as crazy as GoW or Uncharted and Bioshock is still better in overall design and awe, but it was very atmospheric and really set the bleak tone. The world felt lived in. And the PA voice overs are really good, nice world building and unsettling at the same time

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Been looking forward to Grim Dawn but just haven't quite been able to pull the trigger on their "Pay more than retail for alpha/beta access" pricing scheme that seems so popular these days.

What's up Steam buddies! A little more than 24 hours until the sale starts. I hope everybody has at least 1 Mystery trading card in their inventory just in case. Who knows what they could be for? Discounts, free games? Heck maybe only people with these cards will be allowed to buy Half Life 3. It would be a real shame to not have at least one of these cards if something like that happened right? Hey I'm just trying to look out for you guys.

I need the prices on these cards to go up homies. Buy Buy Buy

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Went to the site and started looking at the screenshots. Looks like an amazing game. I'll bookmark it and see how things develop. Thanks for the link :D

The alpha is live at the moment and I like what I've played. Crate should release some cards: just imagine how much those foils would be worth. :p

Edit: I should mention that I've since spent more than half an hour with the game, haha.

I still have 23 in my inventory.

As mentioned, you can delete them from your inventory. If you click on an invite you should see a "Permanently delete gift" button.

eyeless

looking it up seems like don't starve is still getting regular updates, the thing with these kind of games is i always want to wait for the most stuff to be in to play it, did the same with minecraft

"Just Updated
-Splumonkeys are now lurking in the caves" i mean what if i played it before there was something called splumonkeys in it i would have been playing a kind of shadow version of this game

Sober

Posted in the New PC thread but if I build today, this is what I will be walking into tomorrow with. It's gorgeous (I haven't given her a name yet)!
not Saoirse

oYKbUC9.jpg

Digoman

looking it up seems like don't starve is still getting regular updates, the thing with these kind of games is i always want to wait for the most stuff to be in to play it, did the same with minecraft

They promised six months of updates, so you would have to wait until late October.

What's up Steam buddies! A little more than 24 hours until the sale starts. I hope everybody has at least 1 Mystery trading card in their inventory just in case. Who knows what they could be for? Discounts, free games? Heck maybe only people with these cards will be allowed to buy Half Life 3. It would be a real shame to not have at least one of these cards if something like that happened right? Hey I'm just trying to look out for you guys.

I need the prices on these cards to go up homies. Buy Buy Buy

I bought one just in case, but I'm not heading down the whole collect them all rabbit-hole!

Anyway are there new cards coming in a few hours maybe? Tuesday/Thursday didn't last long and it was only Wednesday last week or are they waiting for the sale. Why are you so damn mysterious Valve!

Just woke up from my nap and I got onto my laptop without first putting my glasses on and saw "$244" in my steam wallet. Of course, it was only 2.44 and from the foil I forgot to take down *sigh*

The_Monk

Anyway are there new cards coming in a few hours maybe? Tuesday/Thursday didn't last long and it was only Wednesday last week or are they waiting for the sale. Why are you so damn mysterious Valve!

Not sure when, but I believe Terraria and Frozen Synapse will have some fellow GAFfer.

How does one acquire a mystery card?

I haven't been doing much with the trading cards, and haven't been playing any games they drop in.

Do they just spawn in your inventory?

JaseC

I bought one just in case, but I'm not heading down the whole collect them all rabbit-hole!

New cards should be released today, yes.

feel

Felt dirty seeing my steam balance go down a dollar but bought a mystery card too in the off chance a single one of them is enough to not 100% miss out on whatever they are planning.

JaseC

I haven't been doing much with the trading cards, and haven't been playing any games they drop in.

You receive a Mystery Card when you craft a badge (they replaced the discount coupons), and contrary to what I'd assumed, you don't need to craft a foil badge to receive a foil Mystery Card.

Edit: Oh, and of course the alternative is to purchase them from the Steam Market.

smr00

Banned
Went and got another Steam card today at BB, guy at checkout knew exactly why i was buying it :D

Wonder if he is a gaffer.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

They drop from crafting full badges.

Fuck that, buy them for 60 cents instead. You can sell a full line up of cards and buy like, 6 mystery with that money.

Dawg

You receive a Mystery Card when you craft a badge (they replaced the discount coupons), and contrary to what I'd assumed, you don't need to craft a foil badge to receive a foil Mystery Card.

Did you spend a lot on making a foil badge? :p

Digoman

All hail Modbot. Another steam gift, so let me know if the url doesn't work.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--five or fewer posts in the Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Portal 2 -- MB-6A4D339792F99630 - Taken by KMD

JaseC

Did you spend a lot on making a foil badge? :p

I haven't crafted a single foil badge yet, actually! I did pick up a few TF2 foils on the cheap (it's always nice when people don't quite realise what they're selling :p), but nothing more. I have to say, though, that the allure of having all 10 Mystery Card foils is strong, but they're still hovering around the $9 mark.

They drop from crafting full badges.

Fuck that, buy them for 60 cents instead. You can sell a full line up of cards and buy like, 6 mystery with that money.

I sold one card I had a double of. I was worried by selling cards, I'd never be able to get them back. ... I still don't really understand how it works.

Right now I have a couple Left 4 Dead 2 cards, A couple Borderlands 2 cards... If I sell these, will they eventually respawn as I play the game?

Maybe someone should just give me a quick run down of how this all works.

Divius

Namechange? Check. (thanks Stump!) Message from ModBot? Check. Let's try this again:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--five or fewer posts in the Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot recently [since the start of beta testing for ModBot], you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Awesomenauts -- MB-48E451392D2F3A14

note 1 - due to the name/pm thingie, I did get an error saying I already entered this, but it should still work. I think.
note 2 - whoever takes this will also receive a Cluck Costume key via PM

Vecks

Played a little of Half Life 1 for the first time(not counting Black Mesa). Graphics are better than I expected, looks better than NOLF...and possibly on par with Deus Ex, if not better. All the scientists look the same. I can't even tell if any of these guys are the main characters from HL2. I only have the crowbar and pistol at the moment. Compared to HL2, the crowbar seems worse, but the pistol is much better. I actually enjoy using the pistol here.

I can't seem to get used to Gordon's movement. He moves a little too fast for my liking, especially when I'm trying to do small movements for first person platforming or going down holes. Oh well, it'll probably just take some time to get adjusted.

Overall, pretty surprised how little has changed gameplay wise. I recently played some Shadow Warrior and Duke Nukem 3D, and HL1 definitely seems more modern.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Posted in the New PC thread but if I build today, this is what I will be walking into tomorrow with. It's gorgeous (I haven't given her a name yet)!
not Saoirse

Nice! Loving the 770 box. I'll have to wait for mine (lightning) till atleast the 16th of August, 120 backorders in The Neterhlands. :/
But i'm finally getting my "first real" rigg with a temperal card (660) tommorow, yay! Sort off new to PC gaming, played older and "smaller" stuff on the laptop but my six year old desktop wasn't really up to any task. Looked a lot around here since I started waiting for my machine, ordered it the 25th of May. Made the wait even harder, heh.
But i'm derailing, so excited! But I was complimenting your rigg, not hyping up the wait for mine. I'm just happy for you!
and me. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom