• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exuro

Okay so I put on the game collector showcase and its showing 0 games and dlc. :( I figure this is why I haven't received the badge yet.

why valve

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Seriously? What's the point? The whole reason I'd want a booster pack would be so I could complete a set and get a badge.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. Obtaining booster packs is contingent upon simply having crafted at least one badge; what particular packs you get is random, so they can be used to finish off an incomplete set.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Sorry, I wasn't clear. Obtaining booster packs is contingent upon simply having crafted at least one badge; what particular packs you get is random, so they can be used to finish off an incomplete set.

I have a friend who has not crafted any game badges at all (only has years of service and sales badges) and he has received a booster pack.

Caerith

Looks like the xp for the game collector badge is diminishing returns. I have 248 games and 436 xp (1.75 xp per game), but spot-checking the 1k+ crowd shows it's 1xp per game.

sibarraz

Banned
The thing is, the offer is way more higher than the demand, so in the end, trying to stay at the same price than regular is really risky, and like someone said, is free money for some data, why in the fuck will you care if you lost 10 or 20 cents, is bitching for nothing imo

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I have a friend who has not crafted any game badges at all (only has years of service and sales badges) and he has received a booster pack.

I misremembered. :p I'm on my phone and can't really copy/paste, but to be eligible for a booster pack you just need to have used up your drops for a particular game and logged into Steam in the past week.

DTKT

Sell cards, acquire money which is then spent on games. Not silly stuff to use in places where no one ever looks.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What are the requirements for getting booster packs?

1) You have gone though all your drops for a specific game
2) You have logged in to steam within the last week

Looks like you have a chance for booster packs even when steam isn't running. Wonder if maxing your drops ups the odds.

Turfster

The thing is, the offer is way more higher than the demand, so in the end, trying to stay at the same price than regular is really risky, and like someone said, is free money for some data, why in the fuck will you care if you lost 10 or 20 cents, is bitching for nothing imo

Ah, but I've still got a foil where idiots undercut each other down to 20% of what was a reasonable price that people were prepared to pay, and now it's stuck there because new people still keep undercutting even that lowest price.

And I care because the more free money, the more I can pump back into games =p

Salsa

ibclSe3yHJroRV.PNG

look at that low ass number

i1LSZNDIZy2Cn.PNG

this shit is silver and not gold

this is unacceptable

Exuro

http://i1.minus.com/ibclSe3yHJroRV.PNG[IMG]

look at that low ass number

[IMG]http://i2.minus.com/i1LSZNDIZy2Cn.PNG[IMG]

this shit is silver and not gold

this is unacceptable[/QUOTE]Get on my level.

[IMG]https://i.minus.com/jbqUUAsE9kSJvI.png

Salsa

- hey guys why dont you improve Steam's stability, client speed or add features like recording gameplay or something meaningful?

- CARDSSSSLULZ FAKE NUMBERS gimme dat market cut

what is happening valve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom