• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

cicero

Some of those Endless Space profile backgrounds are really nice looking. I hope they drop in price soon.

I don't see how anyone can say that the Summer Sale is canceled when it started in the middle of July in 2012.
Just ignore them.

Quantum

as much as I love buying as many new games as I dig -

I can't buy anything from steam knowing that the sale is so close.

- I missed out on rogue legacy pre-order - kicking myself now seeing how neat it looks,

serious will buy it - but knowing the summer steam sale is this close (insert hands kinda close) - I just cant pull the trigger..

(edit: seriously people think there wont be a summer sale?)

(edit - really???)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's a joke...

I don't think it'll be middle of July though

I wouldn't be surprised if Toki Tori 2 were delayed until the 11th simply so it releases at the start of the Summer Sale and therefore people won't expect it to be discounted. We'll know in few days, in any case.

Salsa

the real question is wether stumpokapow or nirolak will be here in time in order to move my post into the new thread :O suspense

Grief.exe

If I was releasing a game, I wouldn't want it to be released anywhere near the summer sale.

Release it during the sale and its going to get passed over for deep discounts.

Release it after the sale and people are flush with a pile of new games they just purchased, reducing consumer interest in your project.

JaseC

(edit: seriously people think there wont be a summer sale?)

(edit - really???)

Nobody actually thinks there won't be a sale. It's just a joke carried over from last year, when some people did actually think there wouldn't be a sale as it was ultimately ~two weeks later than usual.

JaseC

If I was releasing a game, I wouldn't want it to be released anywhere near the summer sale.

Release it after the sale and people are flush with a pile of new games they just purchased, reducing consumer interest in your project.

In TT2's case, though, it's a sequel, so by and large the people it's targeted towards are fans of the original who'll know its release on the horizon.

Incidentally, there's an 11-day gap between TT2 and the next release, Raven.

Caerith

Being able to move faster comes from having A.D.D. Regaining mana from destroying objects comes from having O.C.D. Both of these are undesireable traits which require therapy/treatment, like most of the traits in the game (other than balding, I guess--but that's also undesirable to most). I realize many are speaking from a position of privilege and this was quite explicitly confirmed by one of the responses above, so I'm not going to derail the thread further than this reply as this is not the OT.
I'll have you know that owning a Player's Handbook has done nothing to increase my movement speed.

But no, you're right. I've only seen one positive trait in the game (eidetic memory), four neutral traits (bald, gay, lesbian, nostalgic), and everything else is negative (even/especially if it has positive effects in the game). Only three traits don't actually do anything: bald, gay, lesbian. While these traits aren't bad, per se, at least one of them is considered undesirable enough in real life that people spend lots and lots of money trying to cure it.

So, traits: one superpower (eidetic memory), one joke trait (nostalgic), and a whole lot of negatives. It's statistically unlikely that the developer is implying bald, gay, and lesbian are superpowers, so, until they add more positive and neutral traits, it's going to seem like they're implying that bald, gay, lesbian, and irritable bowels are in the same category.

sibarraz

Banned
I hope that someday valve decides to make you choose which level of badge you want to showcase on a game

For example, in binding of isaac, my favorite one is the level 1 badge, with just isaac, problem is that I can't level it up since I will lose that face

A menor grip, but well, options are always welcomed

This really sucks for MK9 PC :(

It's hard enough to get fighting games legitimately ported to PC and poor sales would discourage even more devs from making the jump.

JaseC

I'd considered buying MK9 to do my part in showing developers there's demand for fighters on the PC, but I think I'll level up some badges instead. ;)

guys, is it possible to buy from Nuuvem outside Brazil??

Absolutely. I've purchased from Nuuvem once or twice just fine using PayPal.

Edit: Actually, if memory serves, Nuuvem placed a moratorium on international purchases via PayPal, but that was some time ago so perhaps it's no longer in effect.

Edit edit: I'm in Australia.

Edit: Actually, if memory serves, Nuuvem placed a moratorium on international purchases via PayPal, but that was some time ago so perhaps it's no longer in effect.

great! time to grab the Lost Planet titles :D

catabarez

I'd considered buying MK9 to my part in showing developers there's demand for fighters on the PC, but I think I'll level up some badges instead. ;)

Jase you must join me! We can whoop on each other with oddly proportioned women!

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
guys, is it possible to buy from Nuuvem outside Brazil??

USA here and I just bought from Nuuvem yesterday via Paypal.

Deques

Arkham Asylum now shows that it has Steam achievements on its profile but when you click on it there is no list.

IIRC it didn't have show that before so i'm wondering what's the deal

Nobody really know the deal with the achievements. Bioshock 2 also got achievements and also not active.

Grief.exe

Arkham Asylum now shows that it has Steam achievements on its profile but when you click on it there is no list.

IIRC it didn't have show that before so i'm wondering what's the deal

This is all speculation, but GFWL might be getting shut down sometime in the near future. Companies are beginning to update their games to the more modern standard of Steamworks.

Bioshock 2 and Arkham City have been receiving updates on a daily basis, hopefully they are removing Securom and GFWL, while adding in Steamworks features.
Steam achievements have already been confirmed for Arkham Asylum and Bioshock 2.

We might also see a Steam version of Halo 2 as a result of this as well. No word on games like Dark Souls, Dead Rising 2, Resident Evil 5, Stormrise, etc.

JaseC

Bio2 would be one of the rare cases where a game's previous MP system was gutted in favour of Steamworks. I'm super cynical when it comes to post-release support by larger publishers, so I can't help but feel it's unlikely.

I get paid Monday, so I'm prepared this time for the Summer Sale. Looking not to really spend much this time compared to last year.
Maybe someone'll be so nice to front me money at some point. My new job starts this sunday and pays bi-weekly :(
Summer Sale hasn't started yet, unless it starts this Monday, then you're kinda screwed.
I can help you out. If its anything like last year, Amazon and GMG will have better deals than Steam this year too.

I think he's asking why the Steam achievements aren't live despite them being present for several weeks now.

Edit: I'm slow. But also right! ;)

Pretty much, sorry for spazzing out.

Nobody really know the deal with the achievements. Bioshock 2 also got achievements and also not active.

This is all speculation, but GFWL might be getting shut down sometime in the near future. Companies are beginning to update their games to the more modern standard of Steamworks.

Bioshock 2 and Arkham City have been receiving updates on a daily basis, hopefully they are removing Securom and GFWL, while adding in Steamworks features.
Steam achievements have already been confirmed for Arkham Asylum and Bioshock 2.

We might also see a Steam version of Halo 2 as a result of this as well. No word on games like Dark Souls, Dead Rising 2, Resident Evil 5, Stormrise, etc.

Interesting.

When I was playing Arkham City I started to wonder why it was pushing both GFWL and Steam achievements since IIRC it was usually one or the other, so Steam acheivements being a recent addition for that game also makes sense lol

PriitV

Let's assume GFWL is getting shut down.. what would happen with GFWL titles that are not on Steam? :/
If only Codemasters would submit their keys to the Steam database like it was done with Dark Souls.

Xanathus

If GFWL gets shut down, doesn't that mean Dark Souls' multiplayer is also dead? I don't expect Scamco to spend any money porting it to Steamworks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom