• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Do not quote this entire list!

Nuuvem is having a sale. These are the Steam activated titles and their approximate prices. There's lot of Uplay/Origin stuff on sale as well, so if you're into that give it a look.

[Nuuvem] - in progress

Ledsen

Please tell me you guys are referring to the boss on the ship.

Well I assumed they were talking about this fucking asshole Cannibal (Fuc)King

namnlsy5f2a.png

Edit- NM, i am dumb.

I hear horror stories about sites like this and how keys are bought by stolen credit cards. Is this site really legit?

Nuuvem is not a key-reseller like those sites you're talking about. Sites like that are banned on GAF even.

Can someone please give me the approximate price for resident evil 6 in USD? My phone is being retarded with drop down boxes so I can't use a web based currency converter lol. Thanks

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
As far as I can tell nobody answered this yet. There is definitely only one type of cable sold across all versions of this game, so get it wherever you can. If the cable isn't available locally, it can be found online, usually for $30 (USD). And even if you can't get the cable immediately, you can always treat this as a super-cheap 50+ song DLC pack for the new version coming out in October.

I've put 200 hours into this game since I got it in January, and I highly recommend it to anyone even slightly interested.
Thanks, it's good to know that any cable will do, since there's only one model. I could buy it from Amazon, but I'm not sure if it'll be delivered to my home or retained in customs, and I don't wanna take chances with that.

What's that about a new version? You mean a sequel? And yes, I really want this game. I'm hoping that it'll help me improve my bass playing skills (which aren't too good, to be honest), besides having fun and rocking it with some good ol' Creedence.

Rogue Legacy looks like my jam but I don't know if I should buy anything with a sale looming.

Plus, $10 and under is my sweet spot for day one indie impulse buys.

Twentieth

Probably worth mentioning that DmC and RE6 (~$18.86 each) are daily deals. Other DDs that can be activated on Steam are Aliens: Colonial Marines (~$12.50) and Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (~$7.50).

Gbraga

I can recommend Nuuvem, they're pretty much the biggest digital brazilian store.

Yeah a friend just linked me the game because i am a huge sacred 2 fan.

I blind bought it over Grim Dawn (because the only way to get and play Grim Dawn right now is to spend $50) i will let you know what i think about it after i have played it for a few hours.

Nice! I hope it's good :)

sprinkles

Might get both DmC and RE6 for 2x ~14€. I doubt they get cheaper during the Summer Sale, RE6 might get -50% off and DmC -66% so both would be cheaper on Nuuvem now.

xelios

Probably worth mentioning that DmC and RE6 (~$18.86 each) are daily deals.

They've been on sale for a couple days already but yeah, they end within a day.

Not sure what their problem is but sales are going in and out on shit, so obnoxious. I'll just strike things out 'til I know for sure.

Therion

Thanks, it's good to know that any cable will do, since there's only one model. I could buy it from Amazon, but I'm not sure if it'll be delivered to my home or retained in customs, and I don't wanna take chances with that.

What's that about a new version? You mean a sequel? And yes, I really want this game. I'm hoping that it'll help me improve my bass playing skills (which aren't too good, to be honest), besides having fun and rocking it with some good ol' Creedence.

Yes, the sequel, Rocksmith 2014, was just announced at E3 (don't let the title fool you; it releases October 2013). Both the on-disc and DLC songs are supposed to be compatible with the new version, so it's still worth buying the current game, especially at this price. Oh, and the current cable will also be the one used for Rocksmith 2014, so no worries there.

This game really is a great learning/practice tool. I've been playing bass for around 20 years, but I only dabbled in guitar and was pretty terrible. Since getting Rocksmith, I've seen huge improvement in my guitar playing, and even my bass has gotten a bit better in certain areas I was neglecting. And of course the game is just plenty of fun as well.

Card Boy

Banned
Anyone want to help me launder some Steam wallet cash for Rocksmith? Game is $12.50 here. Put a shitty steam card or TF2 item on the marketplace for $7.50 and i will buy it, i will give the item back afterwards. I just want Rocksmith in return.

Can that site be trusted? I mean, I've seen linked here many times but I just want to be sure. It's not worth losing all of my Steam games just to get a deal on DMC. I wonder if Steam or Amazon will match that price soon...

Maybe even less...

hmm

zychi

Banned
Yes, the sequel, Rocksmith 2014, was just announced at E3 (don't let the title fool you; it releases October 2013). Both the on-disc and DLC songs are supposed to be compatible with the new version, so it's still worth buying the current game, especially at this price. Oh, and the current cable will also be the one used for Rocksmith 2014, so no worries there.

This game really is a great learning/practice tool. I've been playing bass for around 20 years, but I only dabbled in guitar and was pretty terrible. Since getting Rocksmith, I've seen huge improvement in my guitar playing, and even my bass has gotten a bit better in certain areas I was neglecting. And of course the game is just plenty of fun as well.

Any recommendations for a cheap guitar or bass to use with the game? I have a crappy acoustic guitar that isnt compatible :/

xelios

Can that site be trusted? I mean, I've seen linked here many times but I just want to be sure. It's not worth losing all of my Steam games just to get a deal on DMC. I wonder if Steam or Amazon will match that price soon...

Maybe even less...

hmm

It's just like buying from GMG. They're legit and the keys do not have region restrictions (they're ROW/Worldwide etc.). This is not some shady key site.

You can't really go by the OP either because it hasn't even been updated to include Gamefly.

Anyone want to help me launder some Steam wallet cash for Rocksmith? Game is $12.50 here. Put a shitty steam card or TF2 item on the marketplace for $7.50 and i will buy it, i will give the item back afterwards. I just want Rocksmith in return.
I'm at a beer release party right now but I'll help you out when I get home if you still need it.. maybe thirty or sixty minutes? Steam ID is the same and it's probaly unique (well it better be).

Card Boy

Banned
Any recommendations for a cheap guitar or bass to use with the game? I have a crappy acoustic guitar that isnt compatible :/

I've got this, the Yamaha EG112C

If i was to get some cheaper guitar again I would recommend the ESP LTD M10 or M50, but i am a ESP fanboy.

I'm at a beer release party right now but I'll help you out when I get home if you still need it.. maybe thirty or sixty minutes? Steam ID is the same and it's probaly unique (well it better be).

Ok i'll add you, thanks mate.

Sent you a PM. I should be able to help with that.

Therion

nope. Noone reads music anyway these days when it comes to guitar, it's all done it tabs and chords. (basically numbers)

And Rocksmith has its own notation anyway. The only real prerequisite for the game is access to an instrument.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
About 3,000 concurrent right now, which I would consider very active. From what I can gather, the team is still updating, balancing, and adding new content all the time.

Amazing game, so much fun to play with friends.

Good to hear. I had a Steam window open and was just waiting for work to quiet down so I could buy it. Ended up grabbing it for $7.05 from Nuuvem.

I'll also vouch for Nuuvem. I've bought a few things from them and it's always been fine. Hooked my friends up with Sonic Racing Transformed last week, and grabbed Chivalry and Lost Planet 2 just now.

So I posted about this in the official thread for the game, but I thought I'd put it here since we've been given the go-ahead to talk about it publicly - we'll be releasing a combination of free and DLC updates for Super House of Dead Ninjas in the next 2-3 weeks, which will add new monsters and traps, weapons, game modes, rooms, achievements, a new character, widescreen mode, leaderboards, and a brand new extra-tough difficulty mode, and more.

Once we're closer to release date we'll be able to tell everyone a bit more about what exactly will be in the updates. But we hope you enjoy both when they arrive! :D

I'm excited.

But can you please not make the same mistake the binding of issac did and allow us to turn on and off stuff instead of just being stuck with new stuff if we end up not liking it?

smr00

Banned
Caved in and bought Magic 2014, still have $15 and looking for a really fun indie game for $15 or less.

Has anyone played UnEpic?

Rogue Legacy website is down for me.

Screw it, just going to buy the game on Steam.
Does Rogue Legacy not have a demo? Trying to convince a friend to buy it but he refuses to blind buy anything on my word because apparently i burned him with FTL. I almost unfriended him when he said it was garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom