• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

Bought the Alan Wake Franchise offer, Rayman Origins and The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut. I played the first Alan Wake on 360 but couldn't resist the promotion with American Nightmare + Extras, and I feel like playing it again with better visuals. I was going to wait on Rayman Origins but I can't pass up on local co-op. These first few weeks will be painful for my wallet.

It does easier.... after 2 years or so.

After DOTA what's Valve next importatnt release? Adding to this DOTA doesn't seem like a very resource intensive game, neither was Counter Strike GO.

ngt

Bought the Alan Wake Franchise offer, Rayman Origins and The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut. I played the first Alan Wake on 360 but couldn't resist the promotion with American Nightmare + Extras, and I feel like playing it again with better visuals. I was going to wait on Rayman Origins but I can't pass up on local co-op. These first few weeks will be painful for my wallet.

Oh the joy of the first Steam sale! I bet you can't wait :)

Dr Dogg

I suppose this is the best place to offer these and I really can't be doing with a Steamgifts giveaway. Checking me Humble Bundle account seams I've got some spare keys left if anyone wants anything.

The Binding of Isaac + Wrath of the Lamb

Also think I've got a Metro 2033 key kicking around somewhere but not sure if I've given that to a friend already.

ngt

After DOTA what's Valve next importatnt release? Adding to this DOTA doesn't seem like a very resource intensive game, neither was Counter Strike GO.

None, people at Valve can't count to 3.

I suppose this is the best place to offer these and I really can't be doing with a Steamgifts giveaway. Checking me Humble Bundle account seams I've got some spare keys left if anyone wants anything.

Indie Game: The Movie
Legend of Grimrock
Dungeon Defenders + All DLC
Cave Story+
The Basement Collection

Also think I've got a Metro 2033 key kicking around somewhere but not sure if I've given that to a friend already.

Dungeon Defenders + All DLC would be nice.

IamAwake

Legend of Grimrock
Dungeon Defenders + All DLC
Cave Story+
The Basement Collection

Dungeon Defenders please?

Echoplx

Legend of Grimrock
Cave Story+
The Basement Collection

Legend of Grimrock? :)

MRORANGE

They will either be working on F-STOP or HL3, don't expect anything from valve this year except the SteamBox.

BTW: Steam will be 10 years old this year, time flies.

MCaY5Ur.jpg

Qc7s2hf.png

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Do you own any Double Fine games other than Psychonauts? Those seem to be easy mode 100% achievements.
Yes: Costume Quest (100%'ed with a guide for the last costume piece), Stacking (got stuck at the 3rd solution of the first puzzle, felt like a fool and didn't touch it since) and Iron Brigade (since it uses GFWL it doesn't have Steam achievements, I think -though I may be wrong, I seem to recall Batman:AC having both).

Psychonauts I'm sure I'll never 100% it. Too many hidden figments, plus I have many other games so as to play it for the 3rd time (which I started doing, but left it after beating Milla's stage).

And The Walking Dead as well.
This I have done, and Hell Yeah! as well. Those 3 games are my only 100%'s.

Zeth

The 10 year thing is pretty amazing. I joined when it launched but drifted from PC gaming after HL2/ep1 and 2. Returning this year, I'm so happy to be back. And I can't stop buying stuff, every sale each day excites me :lol

Just added a lump sum to my wallet for picking up stuff I've missed. Lots of cheap/small games I need to get.

DmC is totally sale fodder. There's no way I'm paying more than 10$ for it. Given how Capcom doesn't really do deep DD discounts that probably means waiting a verylong time. I am fine with that.

Ledsen

I think the only "rare" game I have on Steam is Neverwinter Nights 2 Platinum. And thank fuck for it. I don't think my Direct2Drive account got half its games back for download when that service got sold off. I remember feeling pangs of regret when I bought the Steam version even though I had everything except one expansion on my D2D account. Now, I couldn't be happier. It really sucks that you have to get a physical release to play Mask of the Betrayer now.

That whole D2D mess is exactly why I only buy games that activate on GOG or Steam, when I used to get games anywhere that had good prices and a halfway decent service. I won't go through that nonsense ever again.

It's on GOG now, $19.99 and DRM-free.

dexterslu

Cave Story+
The Basement Collection

Cave Story +? Please?

Bluforce

Cave Story+
The Basement Collection

Indie Game: The Movie?

DRM free is the way to go. Play what you want, when you want, no strings attach. Steam is great but sometimes it feels like "daddy can i play?"

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
It does easier.... after 2 years or so.
:lol

Oh the joy of the first Steam sale! I bet you can't wait :)
It's even worse haha, while the PC parts were still in the mail I had already snagged Sleeping Dogs (plus a bunch of DLC since it was also 75% off), Alice Madness Returns, Hotline Miami and The Last remnant, all on sale. Bracing myself for how fast this library will grow.

:lol

It's even worse haha, while the PC parts were still in the mail I had already snagged Sleeping Dogs (plus a bunch of DLC since it was also 75% off), Alice Madness Returns, Hotline Miami and The Last remnant, all on sale. Bracing myself for how fast this library will grow.
Never do that. A game in the backlog is a waste of resources, totally pointless. Unless you have the time to play all that XD
Uplay or bust.

Better yet if it has Starforce.
I need TAGES or I just can't enjoy it.
Yea, now it's all joke and games until some of that evil sh!t screws you up.

Sendou

The Basement Collection

Any chance for the Basement Collection?

EDIT: Thank you good sir!

I know it's hard to resist but there really is no reason to amass a backlog (DESPITE WHAT ANYONE SAYS) when you can just wait for any of the numerous sales.

Yea, now it's all joke and games until some of that evil sh!t screws you up.

It's just bitter forced smiles all around because everybody here has a sore ass.

batteryLeakage

Neo Member
I'm downloading Counter-Strike: Source on Steam Linux!

:0

Sweet. Valve really is on fire on the Linux front. But I wonder when Left 4 Dead 2 arrives. That was supposed to be the testbed for Source on Linux.

-Ricochet 2
-Doug Church Game (unless he's working on R2)

I know it's hard to resist but there really is no reason to amass a backlog (DESPITE WHAT ANYONE SAYS) when you can just wait for any of the numerous sales.
Ys words sir... Ys words.
Glass Rebel said:
It's just bitter forced smiles all around because everybody here has a sore ass.
XD
Sweet. Valve really is on fire on the Linux front. But I wonder when Left 4 Dead 2 arrives. That was supposed to be the testbed for Source on Linux.

-Ricochet 2
-Doug Church Game (unless he's working on R2)
Ah, so no Valve games until 2020? Well maybe will see a return of meta games in the next big sale. That counts for something no?

Speaking of L4D 2, no way to enable full body awareness yet?

Sober

But a good chunk of people still buy games on sale even when they're not daily deals! You can't apply logic to Steam!

Cheddahz

Banned
Nah, Binary Domain is the superior narrative-heavy third person shooter due to all of my Big Bo shipping fanfics.

I already completed Binary Domain (on the 360 though) ;)

Oh hey, I already completed Rayman Origins on the 360, worth playing through it again on my PC?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
D'oh. I've read mainly optical but has also wrecked hdd's and I've not had an optical drive for years so I'm kind of absent minded like that.
Isn't that nice, rich man? Bet you're also one of those millonaires who have a PC without a floppy drive.

I'd go mad without a DVD drive. No way of ripping my new music CD's.. You know, those little rounded discs? Yeah, I'm one of the 6 people that still buy them :p

Dr Dogg

Isn't that nice, rich man? Bet you're also one of those millonaires who have a PC without a floppy drive.

I'd go mad without a DVD drive. No way of ripping my new music CD's.. You know, those little rounded discs? Yeah, I'm one of the 6 people that still buy them :p

Hahaha funnily I've got a separate usb 3.5" kicking around somewhere along with a zip drive and a jaz drive (need em for work still believe it or not) but the main reason I don't have an optical drive is that the only one I've got is an old IDE one. The last time I had a motherboard that would take one was close to 10 years ago. Was a right pain when XCOM turned up as I had to download 12gb instead of just putting the discs in.

DRM free is the way to go. Play what you want, when you want, no strings attach. Steam is great but sometimes it feels like "daddy can i play?"

For me it is "hey steam you got that game I purchased 8 years ago? Kind of want to play it."

Steam: "here you go buddy".

DRM free only works if you still have it.

HoosTrax

Ah...next build I do, I'm probably going to get rid of the optical drives period and buy a USB one for the one time each generation I actually need it. Or actually not bother period, and just toss the SATA DVD drive aside after using it to reinstall W7 (there's no alternative to disc for this yet is there?).

I think computer cases these days waste waaay too much space up front. Especially "stacker" cases which have space for 9+ 5.25" drives. Which is why I want to buy this thing:

Edit: The bottom deck holds a PSU on the right side and several hard drives on the left. The top is a test bench (or normal computer case if you put the side panels on) for regular ATX-sized boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom