• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Considering what the earbuds are worth looks like it will be worth my time to mess around with linux earlier than planned.

Okay, so I have to:
- install Linux,
- download a 10-Go game
- launch it to get the Tux
And this has to be done before February 20.

kami_sama

Well, on the steam userforums, they recommend wubi, but what does this image have to do with valve?

WubiGuide

Wok

If you have already installed TF2 on windows you can copy some of the content to Linux to save some bandwidth.

Thanks for the info. Do you know how many Go exactly I should plan for the Linux install + the TF2 install ?

If I plan correctly, Ubuntu is 1 Go and TF2 is 12 Go.

Since my internet connection is slow, I am going to use this trick:
- download ubuntu-12.10-wubi-amd64.tar.xz for my 64-bit laptop
- tell wubi to use the installer
- install Steam
- copy the TF2 folder
- enjoy my penguin hat

What the hell is a Go? Gogabytos?

Gigaoctet (Go). Gigabyte (GB) in English.

SteveWD40

Wake up.
5 new items in your inventory.
Don't even wonder what they are.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU STEAM!
Up to 11 DOTA 2s now.

I am at 14 now (got 5 more today as well).

Is this some kind of soft launch? By the time the game goes live everyone who want's it will have it already...

Nillansan

I really hope that Valve will allow you to sell non-genuine items at some point. I have already sold the majority of my genuine items, which covered the cost of Devil May Cry and The Cave.

Ledsen

I was wondering if someone from the US could gift me Rayman Origins on Steam? It's quite a bit cheaper in the US. I have it on 360 but would prefer to own the PC version. I'll PayPal you immediately of course! My Steam Profile is here

So Valve just keep sending me DOTA2 invites. I'm up to 16 now that I can't get rid of, so if there's anyone who still doesn't have it I'll gladly send you a copy.

Nillansan

So Valve just keep sending me DOTA2 invites. I'm up to 16 now that I can't get rid of, so if there's anyone who still doesn't have it I'll gladly send you a copy.

Just sell them for a cent on the market place to get rid of them. I think that pretty much everyone on GAF has a copy.

I kinda feel bad for Cadenza, Retrovirus has fallen down to the 70s in the top-sellers list on Steam and barely anyone is playing it. Rock, Paper, Shotgun has a very positive review only lamenting only some technical issues and the padding at the end. I want to play it but 17€ is more than I want to spend. Hope it does well in a future sale.

You can get rid of your useless Dota 2 invites by sending them to this bot - http://steamcommunity.com/id/dota2bot

Just add it as a friend, wait for it to accept, initiate a trade and dump all your Dota 2 copies into the trade window. Also a good way to get rid of any useless coupons or other junk you might have cluttering up your inventory :p

kaskade

I put a new HDD in my PC so I'm using SteamTool to move some games over. Seems pretty painless so far. In all honesty there's probably a few games I should uninstall anyway.

Dragonborn DLC. You probably have to download it even if you don't buy it.

You do which is ridiculous. This trend of forcing people to download every DLC that comes out even if I don;t own it needs to stop. People have data caps and while I understand its probably easier to do it this way I really don't need the extra stress of monitoring my home data usage.

Sajjaja

You do which is ridiculous. This trend of forcing people to download every DLC that comes out even if I don;t own it needs to stop. People have data caps and while I understand its probably easier to do it this way I really don't need the extra stress of monitoring my home data usage.

Stop auto update for that game maybe?

Blizzard

Banned
Stop auto update for that game maybe?
That might work if he has Skyrim installed and never plays it, but if he then decides to play, he'll be forced to download the 1.5GB at that point anyway, right?

I'd prefer being able to play the base game without downloading DLC, or even better, be able to keep and play old (modded) versions of games without being forced to update.

Sajjaja

That might work if he has Skyrim installed and never plays it, but if he then decides to play, he'll be forced to download the 1.5GB at that point anyway, right?

I'd prefer being able to play the base game without downloading DLC, or even better, be able to keep and play old (modded) versions of games without being forced to update.

Oh shit, you can't even play without updating? That sucks man.....

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Bloody hell, why is Capcom so awful at everything? The SFxT DLC is so confusing:

- The DLC packs are bundles which are their own products, rather than collections of individual Steam subs
- As such, they don't include the individual listed pieces of DLC, which aren't discounted
- According to my records, in the past I've purchased the base game, "SF Bulk Costume 1" and "TK Bulk Costume 1" (I assume this refers to the Street Fighter and Tekken costume bundles.)
- Despite the above, in the properties window of the game, the DLC tab looks like this

How in the world am I supposed to ascertain what DLC I own and don't own when it's fractured and inconsistently named?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Bloody hell, why is Capcom so awful at everything? The SFxT DLC is so confusing:

- The DLC packs are bundles which are their own products, rather than collections of individual Steam subs
- As such, they don't include the individual listed pieces of DLC, which aren't discounted
- According to my records, in the past I've purchased the base game, "SF Bulk Costume 1" and "TK Bulk Costume 1" (I assume this refers to the Street Fighter and Tekken costume bundles.)
- Despite the above, in the properties window of the game, the DLC tab looks like this

How in the world am I supposed to ascertain what DLC I own and don't own when it's fractured and inconsistently named?

Wait, you can buy the individual DLC and the pack containing all the DLC? Doesn't this just mean you can get an extra entry for your list?

Capcom VS. JaseC:

iP10pkmLzTDvg.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's not even that expensive to just buy it twice so I don't get the complaints.

I don't want to pay close to $14 only to discover I get next to no DLC!

Edit: Enhanced Steam is clearing the muddied waters; from what I can gather I just need to buy the newly-released DLC bundle (and the individual pieces of DLC... but, as mentioned, they're not on sale).

$16.99?

The fuck!? Don't bother sending me an email that my wishlist game is on sale when I can buy it in store for three bucks more.

Edit: The DLC discount is a good deal though.

Nabs

$16.99?

The fuck!? Don't bother sending me an email that my wishlist game is on sale when I can buy it in store for three bucks more.

You're not getting the character pack for $5 bucks anywhere else.

I don't want to pay close to $14 only to discover I get next to no DLC!

Edit: Enhanced Steam is clearing the muddied waters; from what I can gather I just need to buy the newly-released DLC bundle (and the individual pieces of DLC... but, as mentioned, they're not on sale).

You're only missing the 5 dollar character pack, you don't need the dlc bundle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom